Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 538 of 617 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9248
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís not true. Thereís plenty of times you can read the situation, and figure it out. In this case, I agree, they arenít letting him walk

how many RFA's that had lots of talent can you name that didn't get matched, signed or Signed and Traded?

I'll remain with my opinion, unless you can convince me otherwise, teams just don't let players walk and rules were made to protect the existing team for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    how many RFA's that had lots of talent can you name that didn't get matched, signed or Signed and Traded?

I'll remain with my opinion, unless you can convince me otherwise, teams just don't let players walk and rules were made to protect the existing team for that very reason.
    Last year. Bogs

And youíre saying we donít get Ball if we just pay him? I donít agree. They wonít match. Maybe we save a few bucks if we work out a deal, but itís not necessary

And not all the players that get signed and traded cost much. Iím not counting a second rounder as some big trade, itís window dressing

Iíd agree the team with the rights is in the drivers seat for sure, but that doesnít mean itís impossible. And it all depends on the situation. For example, we donít have a ton of pressure on us, in a Ball situation. Thereís no rush really, as there arenít other great options out there. Make a strong offer, and wait for the answer. Thereís no downside to that cap being tied up. We can still shop if we want to
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Last year. Bogs

And youíre saying we donít get Ball if we just pay him? I donít agree. They wonít match. Maybe we save a few bucks if we work out a deal, but itís not necessary
    why won't they match? lux tax? He's not in demand by anyone but the knicks?

you don't pay lux tax till after the last day of the season they can still move him if they match and get assets, yes i definitely feel any good GM is not letting a young talented player walk when they control him, yea pretty sure about that.

Bogs was but he was on his second team and second contract already, but they still let him walk so true.

you don't pay lux tax till after the last day of the season they can still move him if they match and get assets, yes i definitely feel any good GM is not letting a young talented player walk when they control him, yea pretty sure about that.

Bogs was but he was on his second team and second contract already, but they still let him walk so true.
    They let him walk because they close to cap out on a roster thatís not even .500 yet. Iíd also say in the case of NO, they are going to want to compete sooner than later, they have 2 all-stars in place, and a ton of draft picks already. They are going to want to put a team together that wins, before Zion needs to get paid. You think they are playing around with that kind of money to try and get another 1st rounder to add to the 300 they already have

Bogs was not on his second team, or second contract. Without doing all kinds of research, I remember Lin, and Parsons as others
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2021 at 12:08 PM.

yea I read that and think it's more Berman than anything else the Mav's have so much cap they aren't letting him walk for nothing, they will math any offer then trade him if they feel it necessary for other moves.

Guys on this forum get a little to pumped up with RFA's, only way to really get a RFA is to overpay in a manner the existing team won't match.
    Exactly thats why if we get ball we'd have to match

This is my sentiment as well.
    It would be much smarter for the Pels to match then do a mid season trade if things aren't quite working out in NOs.
    They could probably get a few 1st rounders from a contender at the very least or get another prospect they might be interested in.
    Makes zero sense to lose him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    This is my sentiment as well.
    It would be much smarter for the Pels to match then do a mid season trade if things aren't quite working out in NOs.
    They could probably get a few 1st rounders from a contender at the very least or get another prospect they might be interested in.
    Makes zero sense to lose him for nothing.
    A few first rounders? No one is doing that. They couldnít get one right now, despite from reports, us and Chicago wanting him. And Chicago just gave up picks to get Vuc.

How good would Ball have to be next year, to warrant them trading a large contract for 2 first rounders? Good enough that they wouldnít trade him. And would they waste another half season with a guy they arenít keeping, to maybe get a few seconds, or a heavily protected, or poor first? Again, they arenít hurting for picks

They want to be past the rebuild point already, the clock is ticking
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think Obi is showing progress in the areas he needs to in order to play backup some C. Look at the mins Harrell gets behind LeBron and AD. I think Obi could be a Harrell for us.
    I donít see it. Probably should have traded back with Boston and took Isaiah Stewart instead.

Can yall stop talking about ball like hes a superstar lol.

I'm not remotely convinced thibs would even want a pg who doesnt attack the rim.

Rose, Elfie, both attack the rim. Thibs wants a pg who attacks, and that ain't ball.

10. 04-18-2021, 01:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Lonzo looking trash
    If Lonzo has Ingraham and Zion and they are not in playoff contention why would Lonzo be out teams missing piece ? Just asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    If Lonzo has Ingraham and Zion and they are not in playoff contention why would Lonzo be out teams missing piece ? Just asking ?
    Because Julius is better than Zion that's why. If the Knicks had Ball and Ingram our record would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Because Julius is better than Zion that's why. If the Knicks had Ball and Ingram our record would be much better.
    Julius may be nominally better, they play diferently. But to the degree that Ball would cost how much does he move the needle ? Is he worth the contract he would demand ?

Meh he might not be

Julius may be nominally better, they play diferently. But to the degree that Ball would cost how much does he move the needle ? Is he worth the contract he would demand ?
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Meh he might not be
    Not saying he wouldn't but our cohort of guards are not the best and he is not much better Is he a marked improvement to justify a huge commitment. He may I am just not convinced. I say we get a small forward who is a two way player and improve the point guard perhaps with someone else. Let's see. But for me it's not Lonzo or bust.

Not saying he wouldn't but our cohort of guards are not the best and he is not much better Is he a marked improvement to justify a huge commitment. He may I am just not convinced. I say we get a small forward who is a two way player and improve the point guard perhaps with someone else. Let's see. But for me it's not Lonzo or bust.
    I'm kinda leaning more towards Powell now we need more shooting