Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 535 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 8013
    also this is an FO that hasn't shown any reported interest in a ton of guys that they should have, and instead has continually gone after every PG in the NBA that can't shoot, so I'm not sure why so many give them the benefit of the doubt that they really tried to get Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    doesnt have to be Ball, the point is we should be saving those assets for a long term piece. Rose does nothing for us.
    If the team plays better, and more importantly the bench plays better, because of Rose than he does more for us than DSJ and one of our seven 2nd rounders. This done absolutely nothing to hinder our ability to get a long term piece.

If our bench plays better that means all 5 bench guys most likely get more extended burn. If we get dribble penetration and some transition opportunities it helps Obi. I think this has potential to help IQ as well if he isn't responsible for making the whole bench engine run and get his own when he is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yawn. You guys always seem to make mountains out of molehills.
    The small things add up. We were also the ones complaining about drafting Obi, throwing away our 2nd round pick, signing Payton, signing Rivers.

Those things have (so far) turned out to be actual mountains and not molehills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The small things add up. We were also the ones complaining about drafting Obi, throwing away our 2nd round pick, signing Payton, signing Rivers.

None of those things have been mountains. I'll give you Obi if you want but no need to go down that road again.

Payton and Rivers haven't stopped RJ from blossoming, or IQ from being a ROY candidate, or from the Knicks exceeding everyones expectations. Those are prime examples of making a mountain out of a molehill. We most likely get at least a treasured 2nd rounder back from one of those guys.

I don't even know what you mean by throwing away a 2nd round pick.

None of those things have been mountains. I'll give you Obi if you want but no need to go down that road again.

Payton and Rivers haven't stopped RJ from blossoming, or IQ from being a ROY candidate, or from the Knicks exceeding everyones expectations. Those are prime examples of making a mountain out of a molehill. We most likely get at least a treasured 2nd rounder back from one of those guys.

IQ is playing 18mpg... no one will ever win ROY playing under 20mpg.

We now have Payton, Rivers & Rose who all primarily play PG... there are only so many minutes to go around at PG.

it's been a good season, but we've seen this movie before, drafting Obi could have also very well been a "win now" move.

IQ is not a PG yet I don't get why this board is forcing PG position on him, he can shoot and throw lobs once every 100 mins that's about it and his handle is weaker then most 2nd string guards. Last game it got exposed and when he can't score there is not much difference between him or rivers probably why Knicks got Rose so IQ can play off ball more in defined role.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

We now have Payton, Rivers & Rose who all primarily play PG... there are only so many minutes to go around at PG.

it's been a good season, but we've seen this movie before, drafting Obi could have also very well been a "win now" move.
    Bingo.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

11-14 go figure? Knicks went after VanF, Haywood, Wood

did they come to this great franchise?

Why do we have entitlement that this worst team in the last two decades is the place to come too?

We are now building a semi winning culture, how about baby steps, it turned a lot faster than some even thought possible.

Must be tough for some fans to watch games i guess? I can't wait for tomorrow's game against Miami in a back to back and see how Thibs handles them.

Just because RJ and IQ have blossomed despite Payton and Rivers, doesn't mean they couldn't be doing better. You don't think a little bit more spacing in the starting lineup would have helped RJ, Randle and Mitch? If we didn't have Rivers, would that free up more time for IQ, Frank and/or Knox to have a more significant role in the team? How much better would we be with one of those guys in the lineup instead of Rivers?

As for the 2nd round pick, we had the #33 pick in the draft and we traded it away for a future 2nd. There's really no reason to do that - you're not getting a better value 2nd rounder than #33, and we needed bodies (especially at PG).

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

Why do we have entitlement that this worst team in the last two decades is the place to come too?

We are now building a semi winning culture, how about baby steps, it turned a lot faster than some even thought possible.

Must be tough for some fans to watch games i guess? I can't wait for tomorrow's game against Miami in a back to back and see how Thibs handles them.
    We went after them? How so?

We likely didn’t offer what it took. And I saw zero that said we were after Wood or FVV, when FA actually came. I also highly doubt we had competitive offers in on anyone we went after

Think I read something where we tried to ask for people to wait for us lol.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-08-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

Where did I even mention FVV, Hayward or Wood? I'm not sure what you're even talking about.

And to be clear, last game was absolutely hard to watch. Who wants to watch a lineup of Payton, Burks, Bullock, Randle and Taj lose to the Heat? That does nothing for us going forward.

Yawn. You guys always seem to make mountains out of molehills.
    Facts! lol

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Any other guards out there that can’t shoot that we can get?

Rubio anyone?

Just because RJ and IQ have blossomed despite Payton and Rivers, doesn't mean they couldn't be doing better. You don't think a little bit more spacing in the starting lineup would have helped RJ, Randle and Mitch? If we didn't have Rivers, would that free up more time for IQ, Frank and/or Knox to have a more significant role in the team? How much better would we be with one of those guys in the lineup instead of Rivers?

As for the 2nd round pick, we had the #33 pick in the draft and we traded it away for a future 2nd. There's really no reason to do that - you're not getting a better value 2nd rounder than #33, and we needed bodies (especially at PG).
    “They are blossoming great but could be doing better” is a molehill. “They are buried and showing no progress at all” would be a mountain.

“We traded away a 2nd rounder for a future 2nd” is as much of a molehill as you can get.

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

He’s been too 3-5 in the rookie ladder all year. Obviously he’s not gonna win but he’s clearly had enough opportunity to make a ton of noise for the 25th pick. Again, you guys are gonna sit here next year and whine when he’s playing 38 mins a night. No need to throw him to the wolves. It’s not gonna make him better than his current path. He’s developing as good as you could hope for right now.