Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 135 of 528 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 7911
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The Rose move takes Quick off the ball for sure. We'll see if that was a good move for the Knicks long term or not. Gotta scratch your head with some of these moves though.
    you think this trade is a head scratcher? We have two firsts and looks like a top 3 second. How many young players can you keep on the roster from one draft?

This was a very good move, Thibs obviously loves how Rose plays and Rose knows exactly what Thibs is looking for which will be a great teacher for IQ.

Detroit the rumor is asked for one of the Knicks firsts, then their own second, and asked for knox, they got none of that, getting a Player who would only sit in the G-league unless we needed to waive him and yet another 2nd.

That second, 2nd round pick is worthless to the knicks absolutely worthless, this was I think a really good move to help this team with Pace, finishing and ball movement.

The question remains what follows?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    you think this trade is a head scratcher? We have two firsts and looks like a top 3 second. How many young players can you keep on the roster from one draft?

This was a very good move, Thibs obviously loves how Rose plays and Rose knows exactly what Thibs is looking for which will be a great teacher for IQ.

Detroit the rumor is asked for one of the Knicks firsts, then their own second, and asked for knox, they got none of that, getting a Player who would only sit in the G-league unless we needed to waive him and yet another 2nd.

That second, 2nd round pick is worthless to the knicks absolutely worthless, this was I think a really good move to help this team with Pace, finishing and ball movement.

If nothing follows then yes it is a head scratcher.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I scratch me head because I thought we were grooming IQ to play point so we could finally have a PG who could shoot from deep and spread the floor. Rose still has value and can play but I'm not sure if fighting for mediocrity is the right plan.

It would just make more sense to me if we went after a facilitator and a guy who makes others better as opposed to another scoring non-shooting, guard. I like Rose and he's still a player but this takes Quick of the ball which is where I hoped we could see him progress.
    Last edited by Bivory; 02-08-2021 at 02:24 PM.

more about accumulating assets for a good young player but we never seem to do that.

Rose can't play 48 min and even with Thibs he's 32 years old so how many minutes will he actually get? I'm thinking 28 ish?

That leaves 20 min for IQ which he's not getting now and i'm curious if these two can play together for say another 8-10 min which means IQ could get 28-30 min depending on how he's going.

Real question is what is going through Paytons head now lol......guy getting 30 min now is probably a gonner.

Rose, IQ, RJ, Randle and Mitch.......that is a unit that should be able to run. Probably won't see that lineup though.

Ian Begley Retweeted
    The Strickland
    @TheStrickland

38m
    Derrick Rose chimes in on the trade, via an Instagram post:

Im getting a second chance.... Got to make this one count.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    more about accumulating assets for a good young player but we never seem to do that.
    We have like 7 first round picks in the next 3 drafts. This move has done nothing to put a dent in our ability to acquire a good young player. 2nd round picks in a deal for an actual good player are like a sprinkle on top of the ice cream anyway. We have more sprinkles than we could use right now.

But how could you say we haven't been accumulating assets? We've accumulated more than any team outside of OKC. We just turned Ed Davis into two 2nd round picks. They've been opportunistic in acquiring 2nd rounders. They just decided to use ONE here to help with a playoff push. Don't be so alarmist, this is as low risk a move as it can get based on what we gave up.

Rose can't play 48 min and even with Thibs he's 32 years old so how many minutes will he actually get? I'm thinking 28 ish?

That leaves 20 min for IQ which he's not getting now and i'm curious if these two can play together for say another 8-10 min which means IQ could get 28-30 min depending on how he's going.

Real question is what is going through Paytons head now lol......guy getting 30 min now is probably a gonner.

Rose, IQ, RJ, Randle and Mitch.......that is a unit that should be able to run. Probably won't see that lineup though.
    Hopefully this incentivizes Payton to waive his no trade.

because you can't get a good young player for a charlotte second round pick, imagine us trading RJ and getting back in the package a 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We have like 7 first round picks in the next 3 drafts. This done nothing to put a dent in our ability to acquire a good young player. 2nd round picks in a deal for an actual good player are like a sprinkle on top of the ice cream anyway.

But how could you say we haven't been accumulating assets? We've accumulated more than any team outside of OKC. We just turned Ed Davis into two 2nd round picks. They've been opportunistic in acquiring 2nd rounders. They just decided to use ONE here to help with a playoff push. Don't be so alarmist, this is as low risk a move as it can get based on what we gave up.
    i mean USING those assets, like last year to trade up for Ball.

it wasn't long ago posters were saying they'd include a 2nd to just get DSJ out of here, now we got DRose back for that second, a second that technically has no value.

i mean USING those assets, like last year to trade up for Ball.
    Man when you get something in your head you never let it go. The Ball trade only exists in fantasy land. There is nothing remotely concrete to suggest that was ever on the table or something GSW was interested in. And what is a mid 2nd rounder doing to accomplish that goal anyway?

We could've turned the Detroit 2nd and the Charlotte 2nd into another late 1st. Early 2nds are really important for contending teams and teams close to the luxury tax because there is no guaranteed salary.

So no, we don't have to be OK with throwing away a Top 40 pick for a washed up Derrick Rose who is only going to take away minutes IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We could've turned the Detroit 2nd and the Charlotte 2nd into another late 1st. Early 2nds are really important for contending teams and teams close to the luxury tax because there is no guaranteed salary.

So no, we don't have to be OK with throwing away a Top 40 pick for a washed up Derrick Rose who is only going to take away minutes IQ.
    Yawn. You guys always seem to make mountains out of molehills.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Man when you get something in your head you never let it go. The Ball trade only exists in fantasy land. There is nothing remotely concrete to suggest that was ever on the table or something GSW was interested in. And what is a mid 2nd rounder doing to accomplish that goal anyway?
    doesnt have to be Ball, the point is we should be saving those assets for a long term piece. Rose does nothing for us.