Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 221 of 511 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 7659
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I asked the question because you can't guarantee he will opt out of 26 million dollars. He could very well Opt-in. What if he gets injured?
    I will just take a wild guess he does tho

In fact, Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis, according to league sources, as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support Doncic as the second option on a contender. “They’ve kicked the tires on everybody on their roster that’s not named Luka,” one person with knowledge of Dallas’ thinking said. “You know [president of basketball operations] Donnie [Nelson]; they’re always tinkering.”

“They’ve definitely sniffed around on him,” an assistant general manager told B/R. “They’re taking the temperature, because they know at some point it’s gonna come around.”

You hate to see it

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    In fact, Dallas has quietly gauged the trade market for Porzingis, according to league sources, as the Mavericks have begun reevaluating whether the 25-year-old center can truly support Doncic as the second option on a contender. “They’ve kicked the tires on everybody on their roster that’s not named Luka,” one person with knowledge of Dallas’ thinking said. “You know [president of basketball operations] Donnie [Nelson]; they’re always tinkering.”

“They’ve definitely sniffed around on him,” an assistant general manager told B/R. “They’re taking the temperature, because they know at some point it’s gonna come around.”

You hate to see it
    Send him back to Latvia!

4. 02-23-2021, 10:50 AM
    Reason
    Off-topic

5. 02-23-2021, 11:32 AM
    Reason
    Off-topic

Wanna hear from all the pundits who graded “Mavs A plus, Knicks F” on the Douchezingis trade. Randle alone wins the trade for us. Before you take into account it also made Quickley and Rose possible before you cash in two firsts to go with the cap flexibility. Vs that max millstone who can’t get on the court after over a week off but then his team plays better without him.

I’ll take that “F”.....

7. 02-23-2021, 12:14 PM
    Reason
    Off-topic

in all fairness kp needed to be traded bit that was still a shot deal we got for him

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Wanna hear from all the pundits who graded “Mavs A plus, Knicks F” on the Douchezingis trade. Randle alone wins the trade for us. Before you take into account it also made Quickley and Rose possible before you cash in two firsts to go with the cap flexibility. Vs that max millstone who can’t get on the court after over a week off but then his team plays better without him.

I’ll take that “F”.....
    Randle wasn't apart of the trade and we had plenty of cap space to sign him regardless of KP's decision. 2nd point: The fact that KP's value is down NOW doesn't mean the Knicks made a good trade. The two are completely different subjects.

3rd point: Before declaring Knicks mgt a winner, ask yourself why we didn't have our own 2nd pick (QUickley)in the first place?

Rose sucks and also had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the KP trade.

Knowing what we know, I would take that trade back RIGHT NOW

At this point, I would like us to go after Gary Trent Jr. in the offs-season. Put him at the two, move RJ to the three, and focus on finally getting us a point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    in all fairness kp needed to be traded bit that was still a shot deal we got for him
    People fail to see this point it's not about KPs future it's the value you got for him. Knicks should have traded him when Phil Jackson said so when his value was at the highest but instead Knicks fired Phil then few months later traded KP for peanuts most here get this Tom foolery done by Dolan and Mills only few brain dead knicks fans don't understand it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    People fail to see this point it's not about KPs future it's the value you got for him. Knicks should have traded him when Phil Jackson said so when his value was at the highest but instead Knicks fired Phil then few months later traded KP for peanuts most here get this Tom foolery done by Dolan and Mills only few brain dead knicks fans don't understand it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    This. Also, freeing up money for FAs was a big part of the KP deal. However, they epically failed at reading the room on their desirability to FAs.

I wonder if his brother is starting to act out? Towards the end I felt like we wanted to trade KP's brother before KP.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I wonder if his brother is starting to act out? Towards the end I felt like we wanted to trade KP's brother before KP.
    In the end, they were one in the same...KP became a Diva while injured...and started when he skipped exit interview with Phil Jackson.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Randle wasn't apart of the trade and we had plenty of cap space to sign him regardless of KP's decision. 2nd point: The fact that KP's value is down NOW doesn't mean the Knicks made a good trade. The two are completely different subjects.

3rd point: Before declaring Knicks mgt a winner, ask yourself why we didn't have our own 2nd pick (QUickley)in the first place?

Randle absolutely signed as a result of $40 million in cap space that existed as a result of the (entire) trade not to mention cap space that would not exist if KP were signed to a max here. Same for Morris who became Quickley. Rose was received in part by trading DSJ -- not a big deal here. He played a couple of good games so far. This is without taking into account the two firsts and cap flexibility that would not exist with a broken down KP sucking up cap space.

I have not declared the Knicks the "winner" but rather confronting those who claimed the trade an outright fiasco from the get go. Believe it or not it still remains to be seen which is the point I have made all along. In my opinion Randle alone is far more valuable than Porzingis.

You would take that trade back? I suggest no one in the Knicks FO would for a second. And btw I am not alone in these observations and opinions. You can look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post

Going back the trade was all about Cap, hard to deny our FO was all in for Kyrie and KD or KD and anyone. That failed and should have waited making it a bid war even after the season.

Next one can argue about Randle, even though there was cap, maybe Knicks wouldn't have gone after Randle with KP and Mitch here? We used the cap else where.

You absolutely can use IQ, he was pick for Morris, we swapped seconds, you can't count that lol...

Rose, hmmm hello, we traded for DSJ which netted us Rose, how does Rose not count, how does his experience and help to younger players not count. Who got credit for helping Mitch last season? Think about it.

We still have Cap, hello that is 32m he'd take in FA's that we have, and we still have assets that may or may not bring something back, and we still have two picks.

Knowing what we know about KP right now, and what has transpired back then I don't do the deal but still try and move him since he wanted out so bad, his brother is a crapper and KP isn't a good person.

But today, you do not take the deal back, because what is listed above you think Dallas is getting back for KP today? And if he gets hurt one more time, you are now eating that max contract for the balance, no I don't want that over what is listed above, and we still won't know the outcome for a couple more years.

I'll even gamble that right now, his cap, IQ and those two picks will wind up having better careers than KP, forget the rest. And I forgot oh yea we have the Pistons 2nd which some would say is better than a late first.

What would it take to land Lonzo Ball? I'm ready to land him and watch him for the rest of the year. He could free us up to take some different positions with our draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Randle absolutely signed as a result of $40 million in cap space that existed as a result of the (entire) trade not to mention cap space that would not exist if KP were signed to a max here. Same for Morris who became Quickley. Rose was received in part by trading DSJ -- not a big deal here. He played a couple of good games so far. This is without taking into account the two firsts and cap flexibility that would not exist with a broken down KP sucking up cap space.

I have not declared the Knicks the "winner" but rather confronting those who claimed the trade an outright fiasco from the get go. Believe it or not it still remains to be seen which is the point I have made all along. In my opinion Randle alone is far more valuable than Porzingis.

You would take that trade back? I suggest no one in the Knicks FO would for a second. And btw I am not alone in these observations and opinions. You can look it up.
    Yep bro, me as well. I declared that it was too early to declare a decision on the trade before a few seasons transpire and we draft a player with those picks. I declared the trade a good one for the assets acquired. I never argued that possibly an other trade might have been available for KP, but for what we needed, it was a fair trade. Many posters speculate what KP might have been able to acquire but I always held that other GMs are smart and likely not running to trade for a injured player and give back a lot. Now a few years later we see we did well in the trade. Trades can’t be declared to be good or bad in trades like KP right away. I think my position was always reasonable however for many here it was pure insanity.