Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 508 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 7619
    Knicks need to try and make playoffs or play in with the current roster. Dipo can be signed in the off-season and Beal trade will gut the team. LaVine maybe more gettable next year when there is one year left on his deal. Just make minimal deals at this point that does not lockup your salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Knicks need to try and make playoffs or play in with the current roster. Dipo can be signed in the off-season and Beal trade will gut the team. LaVine maybe more gettable next year when there is one year left on his deal. Just make minimal deals at this point that does not lockup your salary cap.
    I would rather they trade for Dipo and see if he works out here or not because I think Beal price tag will be much higher then 3 picks plus pick swap and Obi or RJ.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

So instead of going for the sure thing and upgrading the roster you want to penny pinch and take a chance on someone who might play 30 games the next 4 years? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I would rather they trade for Dipo and see if he works out here or not because I think Beal price tag will be much higher then 3 picks plus pick swap and Obi or RJ.

What do u give up for Dipo for less than a year of service and will Houston accept a low offer

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Also the hype about IQ is getting silly, watching him play reminds me of well a top flight 6th man. His style of play is like Lou Williams and J Crawford.

I wouldn't start him, he was used to coming off the bench in Kentucky and excelled in that role for 2 years and now he's doing it here. The last time that kid was a starter was probable HS.
    Maybe but you'll never know unless you start him and it's not like elf has been great

I rather us go for Lavine now at his current contract. We will have more cap to play with and round the roster up and then go over cap when we resign our players

Exactly get dipo first and we could still get lavine later idk why everyone is in such a rush to be a 2nd rd exit right now

Even if we got beal or lavine we still aint better than brk mil or Philly just wait and be patient

2020-21 All NBA Trade Ideas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Also the hype about IQ is getting silly, watching him play reminds me of well a top flight 6th man. His style of play is like Lou Williams and J Crawford.

I wouldn't start him, he was used to coming off the bench in Kentucky and excelled in that role for 2 years and now he's doing it here. The last time that kid was a starter was probable HS.
    Quickly started most of the season for Kent sophomore year, averaged 33 mins a game, and won SEC player of the year. He also played almost all his mins off ball. His role is not the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-19-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Exactly get dipo first and we could still get lavine later idk why everyone is in such a rush to be a 2nd rd exit right now

Even if we got beal or lavine we still aint better than brk mil or Philly just wait and be patient
    Those moves wouldn't be for us to win anything right now. Heck 2nd round exit would be good for a team as young as ours. That trade for a player like Lavine now would be for them to build chemistry. They would be young enough to grow together and in 2 yrs when they are hitting their primes would be our turn. We get to watch good Knicks Bball and have potential in the future. Plus we would still have cap space to build the team before we would have to re-up Randle and Lavine

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agree to disagree. Our current role players aren’t much better than those supporting cast players you mentioned, even if guys like RJ, Obi, etc have future potential. What happened to in 2013-14? Melo averaged 27/8/3 on 45/40/85 and we went 37-45 with guys like Tyson, JR, THJ, Felton, Iman, Amare, Prigs, and Bargs. His scoring did not lead us over .500. His supporting cast starting playing worse and key role players like Kidd and Novak were missed.

How is that different than Randle this year? Biggest difference is that no one expected anything from these Knicks whereas that Knicks team was supposed to be a playoff team. I wonder how many games this team could win with similar “win-now” pieces. I don’t recall Melo getting double and tripled teamed as often as Randle does this season.
    That team was hurt by injuries. If you recall, they started off slow before going on a run when finally healthy. They went 21-39 while dealing with those injuries and then went 16-6 to finish the season. Chandler only played 55 games. Felton played 65 games. Stoudemire was literally a shell of himself at that point. Bargnani stunk and only played 39 games. Not sure why you're counting either of them regardless or Prigioni who was an end of bench player. Hardaway and Shumpert were just potential at that point. JR and Melo also missed games early on in the season.

For you to say that Melo wasn't doubled like Randle, you must really just not remember. Melo was routinely doubled considering that the next best offensive threat was JR Smith. Randle doesn't have the gravity that Melo did. And you clearly think that these players were a lot better than what they really were, especially mentioning Amare in any season after 2010, let alone 2013, and Bargnani and Prigioni as players that should've been factors.

Also, that was the first losing season of his career and he was 11 years in at that point. This current team still isn't even .500, so I'm not sure how Randle is having this huge impact that Melo didn't. They were both impactful, Melo was just a better player.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-19-2021 at 04:19 PM.

What do u give up for Dipo for less than a year of service and will Houston accept a low offer
    I would give up future top 5 protected pick plus frank for him not sure if it's enough or less.

I would give up future top 5 protected pick plus frank for him not sure if it's enough or less.

I just don't see it as worth offering a 1st rd pick if he's gonna be a free agent. I mean I'd give our 2nd rd pick from detroit this year. That's almost like a late 1st rd pick, plus Frank & Iggy.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

I want Lavine, but I feel Ball would be more attainable. Ball would help unlock Barrett's offense and gives us an actual 3point threat from the starting point position.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I just don't see it as worth offering a 1st rd pick if he's gonna be a free agent. I mean I'd give our 2nd rd pick from detroit this year. That's almost like a late 1st rd pick, plus Frank & Iggy.
    Because if he stays healthy he's still a starter lvl player at worst if he's shell of his former self which is still better then Bullock or Burks you let him walk away or sign him to Randle type deal for trade purpose. I think he is someone Knicks should take gamble on.

Because if he stays healthy he's still a starter lvl player at worst if he's shell of his former self which is still better then Bullock or Burks you let him walk away or sign him to Randle type deal for trade purpose. I think he is someone Knicks should take gamble on.

I mean yea, I'd take him, if the price is right. Can't overpay for a pending free agent. Houston has the risk of losing him for nothing as well if they hold on to him past the trade deadline.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2