Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 172 of 546 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 8177
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Knicks looking for a star player
    The new front office led by William Wesley never speaks publicly but, according to sources, is open to trading assets and picks for a star player. Ė via Stefan Bondy @ New York Daily News
    This sounds cool but it doesn't mean anything.

Of course were open to trading for a star player, if we get a good price.

It doesn't mean it will or won't happen, or that will force it though. Where as in the past, when we heard something like this, we knew were about to get fleeced.

I think Beal would be the guy they have eyes for.

I have been a believer in Drummond, who is still young, for a long time. I would go after him. A front court rotation of Randle, Drummond and Mitch makes us very strong defensively and rebounding with foul protection for playoffs.

We would be SF/PF combo from being a contender.

Rose/Quick/Rivers/RJ and Burks or Frank or Bullock is a strong guard rotation to go with the front court.

Add in that Drummond will not command a big salary and we will have significant cap space and draft assets to become a true contender.

Will Mitchell Robinson out, the Knicks are seeing their defense suffer.

Kevin Knox and a second round pick for Andre Drummond should get it done.

Drummond is a perfect fit in Thibs' system. Can you imagine all the second shots that RJ and Randle will get? That's a plus 5 in attempts every game.

.500 in the East gets you the #4 seed. In the West it means you get #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Will Mitchell Robinson out, the Knicks are seeing their defense suffer.

Kevin Knox and a second round pick for Andre Drummond should get it done.

Drummond is a perfect fit in Thibs' system. Can you imagine all the second shots that RJ and Randle will get? That's a plus 5 in attempts every game.
    I kinda agree he's atleast worth the risk if he works out you trade mitch

If he doesn't you let him walk

But a Drummond Randle front court is very intimidating

Are you kidding me
    Drummond for Knox and 2nd I would do that in a heartbeat

Drummond would make for a CONJESTED paint area and turn Randle into the primary jump shooter he was last year. We need a x-factor on the perimeter who can get his when Randle & Barrett ain't got it

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Drummond would make for a CONJESTED paint area and turn Randle into the primary jump shooter he was last year. We need a x-factor on the perimeter who can get his when Randle & Barrett ain't got it
    Agreed. To me the deal to make is for Beal. Obi/Burks/Payton/Rivers & picks. Thatís what I would offer:

Quick-Beal-RJ-Randle-Mitch
    Rose-Frank-Bullock-Knox-Noel

Puts us over .500 and in the playoffs easy. As of now it looks like our picks in this draft will be late lotto (Dallas) and we literally may end up with like the 18th pick (crazy to say that)... adding a 27 year old Beal to this group makes a lot of sense to me. All of a sudden weíre a legitimately dangerous team in the East with this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I have been a believer in Drummond, who is still young, for a long time. I would go after him. A front court rotation of Randle, Drummond and Mitch makes us very strong defensively and rebounding with foul protection for playoffs.

We would be SF/PF combo from being a contender.

Rose/Quick/Rivers/RJ and Burks or Frank or Bullock is a strong guard rotation to go with the front court.

Add in that Drummond will not command a big salary and we will have significant cap space and draft assets to become a true contender.
    Drummond stinks and heíll still be a 15 million dollar player cuz some idiot will overpay
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed. To me the deal to make is for Beal. Obi/Burks/Payton/Rivers & picks. Thatís what I would offer:

Quick-Beal-RJ-Randle-Mitch
    Rose-Frank-Bullock-Knox-Noel

Puts us over .500 and in the playoffs easy. As of now it looks like our picks in this draft will be late lotto (Dallas) and we literally may end up with like the 18th pick (crazy to say that)... adding a 27 year old Beal to this group makes a lot of sense to me. All of a sudden weíre a legitimately dangerous team in the East with this roster.
    They want 3 unprotected picks a young player and two swaps lol thatís the rumor
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    They want 3 unprotected picks a young player and two swaps lol thatís the rumor
    Oof... that is a lot. Iím fine flipping Obi for him if that counts as the young player... the picks part is a tough pill to swallow but Beal is absolutely legit. Feel like he gets downplayed a bit on here but whenever Iíve seen him he seems like a certified beast. Definitely better than LaVine imo.

Oof... that is a lot. Iím fine flipping Obi for him if that counts as the young player... the picks part is a tough pill to swallow but Beal is absolutely legit. Feel like he gets downplayed a bit on here but whenever Iíve seen him he seems like a certified beast. Definitely better than LaVine imo.
    Heís not much better than Lavine imo. Heís better but I donít think itís crazy amount of difference. If we keep winning going into the deadline id do
    Obi
    Frank
    2021 mavs pick
    2021 Knicks pick
    2023 mavs pick
    2022 swap
    2024 swap
    The swap probably doesnít happen because I doubt they recover in the next few years. Iím also not adding RJ under any circumstance Iíd give knox for sure but who knows if theyíd want him . No teams beating that offer imo

Payton/ rose
    Beal/Quick
    RJ/Burks
    Randle/Knox
    Mitch/Noel

If we could upgrade Payton Iíd really love that team. Even then Payton shouldnít get more than 15 minutes
    Last edited by xxplayerxx23; 02-16-2021 at 03:05 AM.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Heís not much better than Lavine imo. Heís better but I donít think itís crazy amount of difference. If we keep winning going into the deadline id do
    Obi
    Frank
    2021 mavs pick
    2021 Knicks pick
    2023 mavs pick
    2022 swap
    2024 swap
    The swap probably doesnít happen because I doubt they recover in the next few years. Iím also not adding RJ under any circumstance Iíd give knox for sure but who knows if theyíd want him . No teams beating that offer imo

Payton/ rose
    Beal/Quick
    RJ/Burks
    Randle/Knox
    Mitch/Noel

If we could upgrade Payton Iíd really love that team. Even then Payton shouldnít get more than 15 minutes
    Yeah honestly Iíd just like to shed Payton to see what we look like without him. Would much rather slot Quick next to Beal.

Yeah honestly Iíd just like to shed Payton to see what we look like without him. Would much rather slot Quick next to Beal.
    Agreed. Or maybe we push the chips in and get lonzo too lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Not for nothing but has anyone seen the clippers roster .
    They got
    Kwai leanord
    Paul George
    Serge ibaka
    Pat Beverly
    Lou Williams
    Marcus Morris
    Reggie Jackson

Is this a joke they got so many notable players , how can they lose ?
    Whatever Iím happy with my Knicks squad and think that if we just stand pat that this team could end up being something special sooner rather than later .
    I really like iq I think he has what it takes to be a special player in this league .
    I think rj is coming along nicely , itís only his 2nd season in the league weíll know more next season whether heís the real deal or not , we canít rush the kid .
    I really like Mitch Robinson !!
    And I think randle is a keeper for sure .
    Now if we can just either sign someone as a free agent or trade some young guys for someone that that will speed the process up some .