Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 149 of 544 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 8146
  1. #2221
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,926
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I will stop but originally post said we needed one and someone stated we had one in D. Rose. That is what started it.
    Rose if he plays well is a good rotation piece, no more or less. And he can teach Quickly. Perhaps Quickley is our starting point guard next season. That depends on the draft and who is available. If we draft wings who can shoot, we can get a point guard in a trade or free agency as well. Rose if he remains is good insurance against the Knicks overpaying or being desperate.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 02-10-2021 at 10:40 PM.

  2. #2222
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,556
    Would yall still take dlo im assuming he's available soon his minny experiment looks like its failing

  3. #2223
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    If Derrick Rose was more than serviceable, the Knicks would not have let him go the first time around.

    Derrick Rose has had three surgeries on his knees. He had the torn ACL on his left knee in 2008 Playoffs. He has had multiple left knee surgeries to repair torn meniscus twice.

    Yeah he's only 32 but like Indiana Jones said in Raiders of the Lost Ark, "It's not the years, it's the mileage."

    There's a reason why the Pistons had him coming off the bench, had him missing games inbetween.

    Here's the good news...

    Derrick Rose will give you 100% on the court to a fault. He's a great teammate. He's a good person despite having gone through a lot in life.

    He's definitely going to be a great mentor to the younger Knick players.
    Rose played well for us the first time around. I think it was the off the court reasons why we didnít bring him back. Plus our front office was a bit of a mess with Jackson forcing the triangle. He said in a recent interview he didnít want to chuck 3s because that wasnít his game. Him not being with the Knicks wasnít about his individual talent. It was the must have triangle and poor coaching. For the past 5 Years he wouldíve been better than ANY point guard that weíve had...Jarrett jack, Galloway, etc...it hurts my head to even recall the names

  4. #2224
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    You could be right and that is great for trying to make the playoffs but does anyone believe that Rose is a substitute for drafting a stud PG. We will need to get that in the draft. Derek Rose is not getting us anywhere but a quick first round exit at best.
    Agreed...heís not the point guard of the future but Iíll be damned if he canít be the point guard for the present and where this team is at.

  5. #2225
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Would yall still take dlo im assuming he's available soon his minny experiment looks like its failing
    He doesnít have KAT right?..they need more time on the court together before Minny gives that up. But I personally would pass on him. Not that he isnít good or an upgrade but Iíd rather someone thatís better at creating for others. Homeboy can shoot tho

  6. #2226
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,556
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    He doesnít have KAT right?..they need more time on the court together before Minny gives that up. But I personally would pass on him. Not that he isnít good or an upgrade but Iíd rather someone thatís better at creating for others. Homeboy can shoot tho
    Yea but they probably get a top 3 pick and get Cade or suggz with Beasley already there dlo is probably the odd man out

  7. #2227
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    72,406
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Would yall still take dlo im assuming he's available soon his minny experiment looks like its failing
    Every team keeps giving up on him, he just seems like a losing player to me. And heís paid the max.

    Iíd pass.

  8. #2228
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Rose played well for us the first time around. I think it was the off the court reasons why we didnít bring him back. Plus our front office was a bit of a mess with Jackson forcing the triangle. He said in a recent interview he didnít want to chuck 3s because that wasnít his game. Him not being with the Knicks wasnít about his individual talent. It was the must have triangle and poor coaching. For the past 5 Years he wouldíve been better than ANY point guard that weíve had...Jarrett jack, Galloway, etc...it hurts my head to even recall the names
    Truth. Can't believe the Knicks signed chumps like Ramon Sessions...Ugh.

    I think, so long as the Knicks monitor Rose's minutes they'll have a great investment coming off the bench.

  9. #2229
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,859
    K.A. Towns is back. He talked about the severity of his illness with COVID. Very sobering.

    With D'Angelo Russell out (leg), basically Ricky Rubio was dishing to shooters Anthony Edwards, Malik "one mic" Beasley and as with tradition the Wolves lost by a few points, this time to the Clippers.

    The Wolves are dead last again.

    I don't understand why the NBA rigs the Lottery to favor these small market teams that continually get top 5 picks. The Wolves didn't need Anthony Edwards. They needed a distributor which is why they got Ricky Rubio. Ricky is not an elite distributor to make a difference. This is a team full of black holes and Edwards basically got 9 shots a night.

    A team favored to get Cade Cunningham is the Detroit Pistons. Detroit, one of the bastions of Black American culture...Motown records...community...sadly this franchise is on the verge of getting moved after Bill Davidson died. The attendance numbers in the last 10 years has been pretty disconcerting.

    Would be nice if Detroit Pistons renown for great point guards actually got one to build around.

    Then we can slap Kevin O'Connor around for calling Killian Hayes, the next James Harden.

    Wondering if the Knicks should float the idea of trading for Blake Griffin in exchange for a future First rounder from Detroit. Griffin can come off the bench for 1/2 a season, provide Obi some tutelage. He can actually rebound in double digits.

  10. #2230
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,733
    Lonzo has found his shot again, he's been on a tear. so last year doesn't look like a fluke. He's back on my radar.

    Ball
    Trent Jr
    Drob

  11. #2231
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Lonzo has found his shot again, he's been on a tear. so last year doesn't look like a fluke. He's back on my radar.

    Ball
    Trent Jr
    Drob
    Fair. Iíve been watching that as well. Letís see if it continues, but as long as that shot is falling, he fits just fine here

    Go for 2 of them in that group

  12. #2232
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    22,828
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Yea but they probably get a top 3 pick and get Cade or suggz with Beasley already there dlo is probably the odd man out
    Golden State has their pick this year (top 3 protected)

    Crazy to think they might get another lottery pick to add to that roster.

  13. #2233
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,584
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Golden State has their pick this year (top 3 protected)

    Crazy to think they might get another lottery pick to add to that roster.
    Imagine they draft Currys successor, and they are set for another 15 years. Not that Curry is going anywhere, heís still a top 5 player

  14. #2234
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    35,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Fair. Iíve been watching that as well. Letís see if it continues, but as long as that shot is falling, he fits just fine here

    Go for 2 of them in that group
    i mean i'd just look at him as a young, versatile piece, not really a core building block piece. I don't think he'll command a huge payday. But certainly an upgrade over Payton who can play alongside IQ or even play at SF at times. we don't have someone that can pass, shoot and defend like him all in one.

  15. #2235
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    1,037
    Zach Lavine >>Victor Oladipo. Lavine is the superior player and he's efficient. He's the difference maker on the perimeter we need to unlock this offense and end games. It will take more for Lavine, but Lavine',s offense & playmaking combined with our team defense is a winning combination.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •