Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 544 of 606 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546554594 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 9076
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Portland had been playing without CJ and Nurkic for most of the year, and have recently been playing without Lillard as well. Their record isnít indicative at all of just how good that team really is. A healthy Blazers squad can do some serious damage in the playoffs.
    Exactly. Thatís not a team they would tear down. Thatís what I was getting at

Resigning Noel needs to be a priority. Love Mitch but we need rim protecting insurance just incase he continues to have injury issues. Other than Payton who isnít back? If they upgrade the other starting wing probably wonít keep both burks and bullock imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Resigning Noel needs to be a priority. Love Mitch but we need rim protecting insurance just incase he continues to have injury issues. Other than Payton who isnít back? If they upgrade the other starting wing probably wonít keep both burks and bullock imo.

for vet depth I'd get both of them back on vet minimums. But I feel Burks will get more in the open market.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Portland had been playing without CJ and Nurkic for most of the year, and have recently been playing without Lillard as well. Their record isnít indicative at all of just how good that team really is. A healthy Blazers squad can do some serious damage in the playoffs.
    normally I would agree but it has been this way without injuries, and what is good for one teams theory is good for another:

Clips, have missed many players and many games, Nuggets has lost their starting PG, Lakers have lost their two headed monsters and a lot more, Warriors lost how much, Dallas lost players, Grizz lost their center and more,

Again I don't see it happening but at some point a team has to make a tough decision, when your two stars are 29 and 30 and your scoring PF is 36, and you may lose Powell who is 27

Last year the two superstars were a year younger their record? 35-39

The year before that they finished third but other teams had injuries but forgetting that they had a ton of really good role players they don't have anymore, Aminu, Hood, Harkless, Turner, Curry, Staukas,

And then in 2016-2017 they finished 8th.

My entire point is if your okay with being a playoff team and hope to pull one out in the playoffs and then have not so great picks then you will remain the same, but a team that can make a trade and fill up the bank with picks and young talent its something to think about.

It's also not easy, not every team can make that kind of trade either.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Exactly. Thatís not a team they would tear down. Thatís what I was getting at
    lol no one is arguing with you, in fact i fully agree, but I'm just playing devils advocate on what a 30 year old can bring today that you won't get when he's at the end of the contact and also can then go where he pleases.

The big difference is Dame has said he wants to stay, similar situation to Beal and now Wash and Westbrook are playing really well.

I could see Noel getting too expensive. If weíre unable to bring him back, I wouldnít mind bringing Taj and Pelle back as depth. Obi needs to put on some muscle/size this offseason. Needs to get at least in that 230-235 lbs range to play some C.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I could see Noel getting too expensive. If weíre unable to bring him back, I wouldnít mind bringing Taj and Pelle back as depth. Obi needs to put on some muscle/size this offseason. Needs to get at least in that 230-235 lbs range to play some C.
    Taj and pelle nah bruh just draft one at that point

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Agreed...can't go into season with undersized Taj as back up center at age 36
    givin me those kurt thomas vibes

is CP3 still an option for a 2 year deal?
    He can Groom our upcoming point guard draft pick.

Which PG's do we think will be available when we pick? I know that's hard to say because we don't where we'll pick or whether or not we trade up. But as long as others make themselves available for the draft, it might just push a nice player our way.

I don't know how you all feel about this but I want a pass first PG. A player that will put RJ and Julius and our shooting guard in positions to get their best shot. A facilitator would IMHO also help Obi's growth. Even if it's only for dunks to start.

The Knicks will most likely draft 19th with the Dallas pick being 20th. There are options at guard but the Knicks are so strange in their drafting habits.

Under Scott Perry, the Knicks drafted back to back small forwards, then drafted a power forward who is backing up their star player.

I can see them going for some combo guard and hoping he can be developed into a pass first point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Which PG's do we think will be available when we pick? I know that's hard to say because we don't where we'll pick or whether or not we trade up. But as long as others make themselves available for the draft, it might just push a nice player our way.

I don't know how you all feel about this but I want a pass first PG. A player that will put RJ and Julius and our shooting guard in positions to get their best shot. A facilitator would IMHO also help Obi's growth. Even if it's only for dunks to start.
    RJ and Randle need ball in there hand they're not the type to elude defenders and get open so Knicks need someone who can shoot at PG so good teams don't zone us to death.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    As backups, not the starter. Mitch would start.

I think the Knicks will likely draft a center and a point guard. Wings and maybe a vet point guard will be targeted with free agency and trades I am sure. The mid to early 20s have point guards and a few bigs in the mock drafts.

I think team has a higher floor with Noel bc if Mitch gets hurt you are covered but the team has higher ceiling with investment elsewhere .

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.