Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 503 of 607 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9092
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Cause the Knicks overpaying for trash became a tradition as established as any in the world.
    (Sad but) Facts.

Heat To Sign Dewayne Dedmon
    April 6th 2021 at 5:09pm CST by Alex Kirschenbaum
    The Heat intend to add veteran free agent center Dewayne Dedmon to their roster, according to Barry Jackson and Anthony Chiang of the Miami Herald.

After Miami missed out on eventual Nets additions Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge and new Laker Andre Drummond on the buyout market, Dedmon is an interesting consolation prize. The big man has not appeared in an NBA game since his last pre-bubble bout with the Hawks on March 11, 2020.

One dimension that makes Dedmon a unique catch is that he boasts a solid career 33.3% (155 for 466) on long-range looks. Dedmon can thus help replace some of the big man floor-spreading the club lost when it dealt power forward/center Kelly Olynyk to the Rockets in a trade deadline deal for shooting guard Victor Oladipo. The 31-year-old out of USC will also provide some athleticism that could make him a nice defensive fit for the reigning Eastern Conference champs.

Dedmon was sent by the Hawks to the Pistons in exchange for wing Tony Snell and shooting guard Khyri Thomas in November, and subsequently released by Detroit on November 24.

The Heat will be the seventh NBA franchise for the well-traveled seven-footer across eight seasons. Last season, Dedmon appeared in 44 games between the Kings and Hawks (including 18 starts), averaging 5.8 PPG, 5.7 RPG and 0.9 BPG in just 17.6 MPG. He has also suited up for the Magic, Spurs, Sixers and Warriors.

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun Sentinel adds that the Heat have yet to ink Dedmon to a new deal, though one seems imminent, and that the contract is expected to be a full-season deal, not a 10-day contract. Dedmon must clear the league’s COVID-19 protocols and undergo a team physical before a deal is official.

Jackson and Chiang note that the anticipated signing of Dedmon will bring the Heat’s roster tally to 14 players, adding that the club could remain just under the NBA’s luxury tax with a 15th player further into the 2020/21 season.

Knicks fans... you know who would make this team a whole lot better right now? Tim Hardaway Jr and Enes Kanter...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    There’s no way. At least I hope. But I think it’s gonna take 20 per

I’d come out aggressive. Let them know we want him, go 4/80. I’d think that gets it done, and NO is not matching that.
    Other teams got cap too if he's really as good as yall say why not

I am a printer developer in the United States of America if are looking for printer installation help or other support then you can contact me. Visit my websites. hp chat support

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Knicks fans... you know who would make this team a whole lot better right now? Tim Hardaway Jr and Enes Kanter...lol
    Cease and desist!

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    and KP. anyone saying they wouldn't undo that trade is nuts

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    As is the “Making them take THJ didn’t cost us a better return, and you can’t prove it” discussion

Or the KP sucks discussion. He’s playing fine, Dallas is looking much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I wouldn’t. I’d take Randle the picks and the cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I know there’s no way of proving it either way, and it’s been discussed ad nauseum, but I don’t see why we couldn’t have both

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    yea that's a cop out.

I'd love to have both and said so when we had KP that they'd be a good fit together. DAL pick right now is what #24? it was a pipedream to ever think those picks would be decent.

KP and THJR is exactly what this team needs, a Center who can space the floor and an in your face 3pt shooter who can handle the ball and get his own shot and go off for 30 occasionally to give Randle a night off.

people forget no one was offering Randle what we were, he went from 1 year MLE to $21m per year by coming here.

when we had KP, Randle was always discussed as a good fit, not just by me. i dont get where this idea comes from that we would never have gotten him. no one else was going to offer him $20m per year.

https://elitesportsny.com/2017/12/13...aps-porzingis/

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/sta...77103298646016

https://newyorksportsguys.com/2018/0...or-the-knicks/

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comm...e_trade_value/

Give me Timmy back for sure. I want nothing to do with KP and his contract.

We lost the trade, but that’s a separate discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Give me Timmy back for sure. I want nothing to do with KP and his contract.

We lost the trade, but that’s a separate discussion.
    Worst part, he really wanted to be here