Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1042 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 42542942992103210401041104210431044105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 15,616 to 15,630 of 19890
    I'll trade for Lillard if we don't have to give up much.

I don't wanna give up guys like Obi.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn

1h
    Kawhi Leonard has declined his $36M player option for next season and becomes a free agent, per source. Now, the expectation is that Leonard will negotiate a new deal to stay with Clippers.
    @ChrisBHaynes
    first on declining option.

Chris Paul has until midnight ET to decide on his $44M player option, but thereís optimism that if he does decide against picking it up that he and the Suns can reach a new deal when free agency opens on Monday night, sources tell ESPN.

Harrison Wind
    @HarrisonWind

Jul 17
    I think Will Barton has genuine interest in returning to Denver. My read is heíd love to finish what he started with the Nuggets. I also think heíd be willing to take somewhat of a hometown discount to stay in Denver, based on what Iíve heard. But there will be other suitors.

NBA Rumors: DeMar DeRozan might end up with Dallas Mavericks ahead of the 2021-22 NBA season

August 1st, 2021 at 5:45pm CST by Luke Adams
    Knicks guard Frank Ntilikina is among the players who didnít receive a qualifying offer in advance of Sundayís deadline, making him an unrestricted free agent this offseason, reports Marc Berman of The New York Post (Twitter link).

The Knicksí decision on Ntilikina doesnít come as a surprise. Despite the years the team spent trying to develop the former No. 8 overall pick into a reliable rotation player, he wasnít used often in 2020/21, logging just 9.8 minutes per game in 33 contests as he battled some injury issues. A qualifying offer to make him a restricted free agent would have been worth $7MM+, a figure heís unlikely to match or exceed on the open market.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    NBA Rumors: DeMar DeRozan might end up with Dallas Mavericks ahead of the 2021-22 NBA season
    I donít like the idea of DeRozan on the Knicks, but the Mavs are a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They have a more ball dominant player than the KNicks do so playing off ball makes it tougher for them and he plays the same position as their best player. Why a great fit for them and not the Knicks who happen to need a distributor and ball handler offense runner more?
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-01-2021 at 07:23 PM.

The Knicks did not extend a qualifying offer to Frank Ntilikina before Sundayís deadline, SNY can confirm.

This means that Ntilikina will be an unrestricted free agent in the 2021 offseason.

If the Knicks had extended a qualifying offer to Ntilikina, it would have been for roughly $7 million. Since the Knicks declined to extend a qualifying offer to Ntilikina, he is free to sign with any team.

Per Larry Coonís CBA FAQ, the Knicks can still execute a sign-and-trade that sends Ntilikina to another team and returns some compensation to New York.

The Knicks can also re-sign Ntilikina, using either cap space or the Bird Rights exception.

Ntilikina has an $18 million cap hold, which means he is taking up $18 million in potential cap space. The Knicks would need to renounce their rights to Ntilikina to open up that cap space.

If New York renounces its rights to Ntilikina, the club can no longer sign him via Bird Rights. The Knicks would have to re-sign him using cap space or another exception.

Marc Berman of the New York Post first reported the news.

Ntilikina was the Knicksí No. 8 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. Then team president Phil Jackson made the pick but mutually agreed to leave his position a few days later.

That meant Ntilikinaís biggest backer was no longer running the show.

Ntilikina has shown promise as a shooter and passer at times during his Knicks tenure. But none of his coaches or lead executives saw enough of it to give Ntilikina extended minutes as a starter.

Ntilikina is seen as a strong perimeter defender and should have suitors on the open market.

The 23-year-old was mostly out of Tom Thibodeauís rotation in 2020-21.

If Ntilikina signs with another team and isnít signed-and-traded, the Knicks will not receive any assets in return for the No. 8 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. If thatís how things unfold in the coming weeks, itís logical to wonder why New York didnít trade Ntilikina during the season to gain assets.

Some in touch with the team at the time said there was support to keep Ntilikina because some decision makers believed that he could still develop into an impactful player. Thatís part of the reason New York didnít move Ntilikina prior to the 2021 NBA trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    They have a more ball dominant player than the KNicks do so playing off ball makes it tougher for them and he plays the same position as their best player. Why a great fit for them and not the Knicks who happen to needs a distributor and ball handler offense runner more?
    Shooting and he wonít have to be the main creator. He can just do what he does best.

i thought this initially but then playing with Donic you want more or a guy who can nail shots like Timmy, I understand when he is resting DD can take over but that is no reason to think he will help when he won't be open for two's with Doncic?

They need defense so there is that but they should focus more on Timmy, Brunson etc.

Richardson didn't work so I don't know if DD will as well.

although Lebron and Wade worked pretty damn good.

Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

1h
    Teams with the most cap space this offseason - via
    @spotrac
    :

1. Knicks - $52.6 million
    2. Spurs - $48 million
    3. Mavericks - $33.5 million
    4. Thunder - $30 million
    5. Grizzlies - $24.4 million
    6. Raptors - $22.1 million
    7. Heat - $20.4 million
    8. Hornets - $16.8 million

Shooting and he wonít have to be the main creator. He can just do what he does best.
    Being the creator is what makes him special. Playing off ball isn't. They're possibly losing THjr and likely looking for major shooting. Not sure DD is what they were thinking of. If you're saying Knicks need shooting, I would say they need shot creation more. We shot great all last yr but in the playoffs, we had no one who could create a decent look. I think DD easily fits Knicks better than Mavs but...
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-01-2021 at 07:30 PM.

i watched DD for a lot of years and like him, but that is not a great role for him, he needs the ball, he needs to make moves he shoots in motion freeing himself up, spot up shooter for Doncic, not his best attribute. Timmy shoots three's almost on the pace of DD shooting two's, do the math.

the Mav's would be really smart to go get a Dougie McDermot....he increased his game to be a very able driver, slasher, moves great without the Ball and hits three's

that is what Doncic needs a Dougie for sure he checks all the boxes