Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 234 of 535 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 8017
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I didnít. You said prospect, I assumed you meant Lamelo as a draft prospect.

But Lonzo is pretty good. His shooting numbers are more than respectable, his defense is good, and his passing is solid even as a secondary guy. Heís a good player. You donít think we could really use a guy with size, whoís a good defender, that could give us 15/6/5 type numbers.

Oladipo isnít a stud. Heís a guy who lost a step, and hasnít shown heís even an average shooter
    He hasn't lost **** bofl dude looks just as explosive hou just sux

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I donít agree. Itís not just how he looks on Houston

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    okay that was a lot and I read it twice lol. And 100% you are in the middle, that is for sure. A lot of us are, we are in the midst of decades of being bad and finally see some competitive BB.

No we don't have the talent to compete and no none of us can be certain RJ will be more than an average to good player.
    I don't want to harp on Beal because it's probably the slimmest thing to happen for us but if that could happen with everything you said how do you not jump at that?

You guaranteeing a Beal in the draft? Again RJ will probably not be a Beal. I get the future but the draft is a crap shot, and i've posted the sure things that have turned into duds.

It is easy to say play hard and whatever happens but the Knicks FO has to make a decision because the team as constructed needs to go in a direction one way or the other.

We as fans are confused because honestly I don't think the FO knows yet. Staying status quo i've said this since the beginning of the season, making the 8th-10th seed means nothing except some experience for say RJ, Randle, and IQ on a limited basis and see when Mitch returns.

if we aren't making moves then i'm going the route of the posters who want the vets to not play, but then how do you tell a guy you want to sign long term that we aren't playing anyone with him?

If we continue on the Thibs path then the Knicks FO needs to improve the roster in one way or the other.

If that is middle of the road then i'm on the same road. But it sure is hard to year after year after year watch games this way. Right now where we stand how can any fan watch and route for a loss at the same time?

Their is so much more to this but like always can't wait for the trade deadline then i'll know more where at least i'll stand as a fan.
    Serious question...

Let's forget about the top 5 in this draft as a whole and just focus on the top 2. Would either of the teams in position to draft Cunningham or Mobley trade that pick for Beal? I doubt it. It doesn't mean that they are guaranteed to be as good as Beal, but it would indicate that teams think that there's a pretty good chance of it.

I think we're both on the same page overall though. I don't think it would be wise to trade for Beal now, but if he were to become available, I don't think they would have much of a choice but to get involved. It would definitely be tough.

Overall, this team just needs to keep building right now. For once, I think we can all agree that they seem to be on the right path. We just all disagree on how to proceed.

Yea if both were ufa id take ball too only bkuz of age but thats not the case

Your easily looking at giving up a first for ball who may or may not fit our team

Dipo would fit like a glove better scorer shooter etc
    Oladipo is definitely a better scorer. I'm not sure he's the better shooter though.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít agree. Itís not just how he looks on Houston
    his shooting looks horrible not gonna lie but they had him at pg and he was still blowing by people

You obviously don't watch him play lol I got league pass I've caught a couple Rockets games

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Oladipo is definitely a better scorer. I'm not sure he's the better shooter though.
    They both are streaky but over his career dipo has been more consistent especially at the free throw line

Not exactly what I meant. The worst team in the league will have a 100% chance at one of those players. The second worst team a 67.9% chance, third worst a 54.9% chance, fourth worst a 55.3% chance and 5th worst a 44.3% chance. The probability is a lot greater than the "3% chance" or whatever small outcome people constantly post to make it seem like the lottery doesn't matter anymore. This year is a year where it may absolutely matter.

They were unlikely to be the worst team in the league with Randle's improvement, but you're crazy if you don't think having some of these vets has helped. Austin Rivers himself is responsible for a couple of wins and they are literally only 2.5 games ahead of the 5th worst team in the league. I would say it's made a difference so far. There's no need to act like they would've had to go to extremes like waiving Randle and trading Mitch and RJ to ensure that they ended up being bad enough. It could've easily happened.

I get that they are in the hunt for the playoffs in the East, but take a look at the overall NBA standings and you will realize that they aren't that good. Better, decent, not a joke...but still not a good team.
    The vets make a difference of course but no way Knicks were ever gonna be the worst team or bottom 3. Tanking that bad is hard man. Even the horrid all time worst Knick rosters weíve seen that got KP and RJ barely squeaked it out. Any team with Randle/RJ/Mitch isnít getting a top 5 pick without luck in the lottery. There was no guaranteeing a top 5 pick this year by simply not adding vets.

I feel like throwing the entire season out the window in terms of culture building, continuing to immerse ourselves in a toxic pit as a franchise, and getting the 7th or 8th pick is much more of a probable scenario than you guys are giving credit to when it comes to the other approach we could have taken this season.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    The vets make a difference of course but no way Knicks were ever gonna be the worst team or bottom 3. Tanking that bad is hard man. Even the horrid all time worst Knick rosters weíve seen that got KP and RJ barely squeaked it out. Any team with Randle/RJ/Mitch isnít getting a top 5 pick without luck in the lottery. There was no guaranteeing a top 5 pick this year by simply not adding vets.
    I didnít say anything about bottom 3. I specifically posted bottom 5, which the Knicks are 2.5 games away from. Not sure whatís crazy about that possibility. Those odds wouldnít have been 100%, but I wouldíve taken 44%-55% easily this year.

Thereís nothing to do about it now and Iím fine with it, but thatís most likely the position they would currently be in if it werenít for the vets.

I feel like throwing the entire season out the window in terms of culture building, continuing to immerse ourselves in a toxic pit as a franchise, and getting the 7th or 8th pick is much more of a probable scenario than you guys are giving credit to when it comes to the other approach we could have taken this season.
    Itís a scenario for sure, but for all the winning theyíve done, they are a small losing streak from being even worse than that.

Not every year is worth it, but this one is. Itís no more of a gamble than trying to rush winning now in hopes of attracting a free agent.
    Last edited by smood999; 02-25-2021 at 09:24 PM.

I didnít say anything about bottom 3. I specifically posted bottom 5, which the Knicks are 2.5 games away from. Not sure whatís crazy about that possibility. Those odds wouldnít have been 100%, but I wouldíve taken 44%-55% easily this year.

Thereís nothing to do about it now and Iím fine with it, but thatís most likely the position they would currently be in if it werenít for the vets.
    I thought by saying a guaranteed top 5 pick you meant they would need a bottom 2 record, which is why I said bottom 3.

I thought by saying a guaranteed top 5 pick you meant they would need a bottom 2 record, which is why I said bottom 3.
    I just meant that this year was a year where it could be guaranteed and that the odds of finding that player are increased because there are five of them as opposed to one or two like recent years, not that the Knicks would necessarily have the worst record. I thought theyíd be a bottom 3-5 team though before seeing Randleís improvement. I still wouldnít be shocked if they ended up right outside of that. They could very well end up in the teens as well.

LMAOOOO heís shooting 38% with houston
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Not sure pelicans trade lonzo the way heís been balling
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    lmaoooo heís shooting 38% with houston
    bofl