Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 605 of 739 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607615655705 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 11081
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Exactly, Lillard is a big risk that you have to pay big to get. As I noted the other day, if this was a Toronto-Kawhi situation then you take the all in risk, but we are not there yet. Way too much potential for Lillard to get hurt and lose a step and never be quite the same again. And Lillard is not as accomplished at winning like a CP3 or Westbrook.
    That's not fair...he's done a lot of winning for what he's had to work with. CP3 is a rare class in terms of his ability to do more with less. Westbrook has played with Durant, Harden, and PG13. I think the last time Lillard played with an All Star was when LaMarcus Aldridge was on the Blazers. That might have been the only time also.

Lillard is absolutely a player to go all in and then some for. If he becomes available, I'm letting Portland have their pick of anyone and anything outside of RJ and Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Exactly, Lillard is a big risk that you have to pay big to get. As I noted the other day, if this was a Toronto-Kawhi situation then you take the all in risk, but we are not there yet. Way too much potential for Lillard to get hurt and lose a step and never be quite the same again. And Lillard is not as accomplished at winning like a CP3 or Westbrook.
    What have either of them really won with WAY better supporting players than Lillard has had? In fact, they both were on teams they werenít even the best player

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Lillard is absolutely a player to go all in and then some for. If he becomes available, I'm letting Portland have their pick of anyone and anything outside of RJ and Randle.
    Yes.

I find it surprising anyone would argue against it

Luca Vildoza might be a bigger signing then we think. I was going to say Jalen Brunson could have been a good low key signing for less $, but with luca here I dont think Jalen makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Luca Vildoza might be a bigger signing then we think. I was going to say Jalen Brunson could have been a good low key signing for less $, but with luca here I dont think Jalen makes sense.
    We havenít even seen him play lol. Everything makes sense until we do.

We havenít even seen him play lol. Everything makes sense until we do.
    but paying $2m for him and then giving him 4/13.6m even if not guaranteed, is not something you do unless you're high on someone.

You see thats the problem you don't get Lillard without RJ

fax my only concern is defender

but paying $2m for him and then giving him 4/13.6m even if not guaranteed, is not something you do unless you're high on someone.
    Thatís not a big contract at all. Especially 3 non-guaranteed years. If he jumped on that deal, he couldnít have thought his value was very high. Highly valued players would never sign such a team-friendly deal

I disagree. Not guaranteeing the contract says a lot. Also buying out a player from their foreign team is just standard practice if a team wants them to come over. I donít think thatís significant.

Dolan throws away money all the time as well. As long as it has no impact on the salary cap, Iím not sure how much they care. The contract got them to the salary cap floor....so either way it was coming out of Dolanís pocket.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-07-2021 at 04:37 PM.

I disagree. Not guaranteeing the contract says a lot. Also buying out a player from their foreign team is just standard practice if a team wants them to come over. I donít think thatís significant.

Dolan throws away money all the time as well. As long as it has no impact on the salary cap, Iím not sure how much they care. The contract got them to the salary cap floor....so either way it was coming out of Dolanís pocket.
    Yeah Iím not counting on this Luca kid at all. Who knows if he even makes the roster next year but itís interesting. Iím curious to see what he can do and hopefully heís a pleasant surprise but we shouldnít be counting on him at all until we see how he looks against NBA comp.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah Iím not counting on this Luca kid at all. Who knows if he even makes the roster next year but itís interesting. Iím curious to see what he can do and hopefully heís a pleasant surprise but we shouldnít be counting on him at all until we see how he looks against NBA comp.
    Yeah I agree. Iím hopeful, but thereís nothing about his contract that says they are banking on him or that there are even expectations. It more seems like a good roll of the dice, but not someone who will impact offseason decisions.

Luca skillset definitely looks good on paper just don't know if he can apply it at NBA lvl he probably won't even play till next season so it's not worth adding him into conversation right now who know he might even get cut in offseason if Knicks like a PG in draft or trade for one.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk