Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 506 of 527 FirstFirst ... 6406456496504505506507508516 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 7894
    My point is not that ppl were wrong to assume nets were out of the race for two max my point is that ppl on this board assume Dallas has no room to improve because they compare Knicks Melo situation to Dallas but they are dead wrong the Knicks had no clue how to build a team around Melo they just made one dumb decisions after another stop assuming Dallas is that stupid.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    It was a dice roll. But teams do it, as its tough to get stars. Next year will be key, they have the room to add a 3rd big money guy right now. Lukas good enough though, if KP rounds into form a bit more, they will be hanging around, regardless of a 3rd star level guy. If they get one though, they are ready

As we see, its hard enough to even get to that point though. We might be capped or close with no real #1
    Yeah, I wouldn't argue that the Knicks are in better shape than Dallas. Clearly they are not. I just don't think the KP trade hurt as much as we initially anticipated.

This offseason and next will be critical for both teams, but Dallas is definitely a few steps ahead even if people want to cite only Luka and ignore that KP is still good. Finding that player is the hardest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't argue that the Knicks are in better shape than Dallas. Clearly they are not. I just don't think the KP trade hurt as much as we initially anticipated.

This offseason and next will be critical for both teams, but Dallas is definitely a few steps ahead even if people want to cite only Luka and ignore that KP is still good. Finding that player is the hardest thing to do.
    It is bad to waste assets like KP I don't remember how the cap would have worked out if Knicks had just traded KP for a lottery prospect if they still could have signed Randle and Morris then it was a bad deal because that extra cap has done nothing for Knicks in last two years other teams would have used cap to take on bad contracts plus picks and tanked all out but the Knicks just suck at creating opportunities from what they have.

When can trades commence again ?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    It is bad to waste assets like KP I don't remember how the cap would have worked out if Knicks had just traded KP for a lottery prospect if they still could have signed Randle and Morris then it was a bad deal because that extra cap has done nothing for Knicks in last two years other teams would have used cap to take on bad contracts plus picks and tanked all out but the Knicks just suck at creating opportunities from what they have.

Yeah we have never committed to a full rebuild. It has always been that we have been bad at building teams that we sucked. Even now. I ain't complaining about where we are. I'm excited for the first time in a while. But everyone in the media and on this forum thought we were going to go full tank mode. I'm glad we didn't cuz I love this hustle team culture we have. Now we need to keep adding to them. Team 1st, defense 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I wouldnt take the trade back.

I do however wish we made a better trade.

Im happy we moved on from KP, wish we did it earlier knowing what we know now.
    KP and timmy who is expiring to have both back next year would be our cap space, so our team would be

KP, Randle(doubt Knicks take him with KP IMO), RJ, timmy and Payton

Now all you who want to harp on the trade, lets talk after we see what the team looks like, and we already have IQ from the trade.

And i'm not ruling out how Mitch developed without KP, so you want to say yea we could have Randle but then where is Mitch?

Trade is far, far from over, in fact it's not close to over, but keep harping on it, if it makes you feel better, not sure why but go for it.

but lets talk later......we could sign Timmy can't we? I think we can do better and with two players, lets see how it goes, with this team you just don't know.

I will remind everyone that Timmy's shots are assisted by Doncic on over 43% so much of his success is playing with Doncic. KP same guys would be booing him here like most did before he got hurt........oh yea it was ugly in here.

guys are so fickle........trade stunk from a stand point of what it looks like now but the fat lady has not sung yet!

some in here just don't get how lucky dallas got with Brunson, he's become a really good player. love to have him here, no way right now IQ can shine his shoes.

And even so tonight Dallas loses to the lowly Houston and plays no defense, so you stat lovers, yea they score, but they give up so many points and in the playoffs, or even playin this could affect Dallas in a big way.

I'm not sure another star is going there, superstars want to join two way players, superstars want equal billing not playing in doncic's shadows,

we shall see but so far Dallas has had cap and really attracted nothing, lets see what happens this year.

So they have Cap, they have to give up some key, nice players to have that cap also, so will be interesting.

The KP trade will be over in 2030

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    some in here just don't get how lucky dallas got with Brunson, he's become a really good player. love to have him here, no way right now IQ can shine his shoes.

And even so tonight Dallas loses to the lowly Houston and plays no defense, so you stat lovers, yea they score, but they give up so many points and in the playoffs, or even playin this could affect Dallas in a big way.

I'm not sure another star is going there, superstars want to join two way players, superstars want equal billing not playing in doncic's shadows,

we shall see but so far Dallas has had cap and really attracted nothing, lets see what happens this year.

So they have Cap, they have to give up some key, nice players to have that cap also, so will be interesting.
    Don't assume just cause nobody wants to come to Knicks it will be same for Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Don't assume just cause nobody wants to come to Knicks it will be same for Dallas.

Historically nobody wants to go to Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody is going to Dallas they are one of those great offensive teams that don't do **** in the playoffs imo Carlisle is holding them back

Also Dallas isn't in a better position for 1 they play in the west and 2 they don't have their picks one luka or kp injury they are done

While we look like a hot mess this year we have the assets to build a contender now will we only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Also Dallas isn't in a better position for 1 they play in the west and 2 they don't have their picks one luka or kp injury they are done

While we look like a hot mess this year we have the assets to build a contender now will we only time will tell
    Their two best players are better than anything we have. KP is better than Randle for them, because of his defense and floor spacing at the 5. Luka is a franchise player and they are legit a player away from becoming a very dangerous team. Id take the Mavs current situation over ours and not think twice about it.

Magic waived Khem Birch, watch us not even be interested even though hes better than Taj.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Their two best players are better than anything we have. KP is better than Randle for them, because of his defense and floor spacing at the 5. Luka is a franchise player and they are legit a player away from becoming a very dangerous team. Id take the Mavs current situation over ours and not think twice about it.
    Right now sure but if we get kat here or draft a stud we'd be better

But the most important part is we play in the east kp and luka alone aren't even a top 4 seed and who is available thats gonna get them over the hump literally nobody if the mavs were in the east id understand but they're not