Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1644
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Celtics and Pacers not really. They were both teams that were always injuries away from missing the playoffs. TJ Warren had a season ending injury really early on. Celtics have been leaking talent last couple seasons and have never replaced them. They got lucky last season with everyone being relatively healthy but they were always known for lacking depth.

Knicks weren't that far off last season. They just had a rough start with Fizdale but they were playing decent ball towards the end. Not that surprising to see them at .500.

Hornets not that surprising either. They have a good young core going and they added Hayward and Ball.

Chicago caught me off guard. I thought they would be much worse but Lavine stole some games I guess.

Atlanta I thought would be much better considering how much talent they've added. Maybe they'll play up to expectations under Nate.

Also surprised with Portland hanging in there. Thought they would lose more games with CJ out.

It might be surprising to see them up there in the standings, but the East isn't exactly winning a **** ton of games this season. Playing borderline .500 ball isn't really that hard to do tbh.
    I simply brought it up to make the point that the Raptors are not far off imo. The East looks pretty weak. Obviously they should be striving to be much better which is why a lotto pick would be great. I'd be foolish to refute that.

To your post the other day, a lotto pick and a free agent could make this a quick rebuild.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah I'm trying to put the Raptors' season into perspective. The Raptors have a better offense and defense but are 11 games under .500.

It's just numbers. Standings don't care if you blow teams out on wins and keep it close on losses. Besides, it is only 48 games. Numbers are still noisy. Pretty sure we had a strong point differential going into AS break. Now it is negative.

It's just numbers. Standings don't care if you blow teams out on wins and keep it close on losses. Besides, it is only 48 games. Numbers are still noisy. Pretty sure we had a strong point differential going into AS break. Now it is negative.
    Fair enough.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I simply brought it up to make the point that the Raptors are not far off imo. The East looks pretty weak. Obviously they should be striving to be much better which is why a lotto pick would be great. I'd be foolish to refute that.

To your post the other day, a lotto pick and a free agent could make this a quick rebuild.

idk we're closer to the bottom than we are to the top.

OG is too important to our defence and legit 3 and D guys are too prized a commodity. Siakam plays an unicorn position, regardless of how much he makes, it's just too hard to replace a PF like that. Freddy is the most expendable imo. Guards are a dime a dozen. They won't move on from him anytime soon but if I was a betting man that is who I would pick.
    Both OG and Freddy have pretty decent contracts. Siakam to me is a little over paid, but you are right, he does play an important position and he can play multiple positions too. But if they are going to add someone legit via trades, they may have to part with someone from the core. My hope is that we get a top 5 pick this year which may change the landscape.

It's not really about what we want. The fact is they have every reason to win games because the play in incentivised it. They are a proud group and it is easy to see based on their body language and what they say in interviews that they havent given up. You won't see me complain if they lose out because obviously a top 5 pick would be fantastic. That goes without saying.

This team has holes but yeah I don't believe they are far off from being a team that can get to the second round any given season. I'll go as far as saying that I see this season as a fluke. That is not to say that I think this team is very good because they do need to add some talent but they are not this bad either.

Would you have looked at the Knicks before this year as a top 6 team in the East? The Hornets are sitting at 4th. The Celtics and Pacers 8th and 9th. Its been a weird season but one can somewhat explain it with this crazy schedule, playing in Tampa and covid.

I'll be the first to say I'm wrong if they suck next yr but I expect them to be back in the playoffs next season.

The pick and FA acquisition for a quick rebuild was my post. I’m expecting the team to bounce back next season. If they don’t it’s another failed off-season by the FO

I’m not sure the Knicks are a good comparison. For one they’ve been rebuilding for years now. We’re expecting a quick retool in a single off-season. Also the Knicks while, a playoff team have a whole lot of work to do before being considered playoff contenders.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 04-02-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Y'all are back in the Bay facing the Warriors...imagine if the game was at Oracle but since it isn't and if y'all are playin on Siakam's birthday then only thing that's acceptable is victory LMAOOOOO

Not sure this even qualifies as a basketball game.

shooting practice

gary trent jr +54, second highest of all time

Like I know Steph is out but damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lol poor Trent. OG must be solid. He bounced off him like a brick wall lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lol poor Trent. OG must be solid. He bounced off him like a brick wall lol
    But still don't change the fact that both players went off last night in the points department for y'alls team

nice one

Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast