Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1644
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,816
    He is having a great yr.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,816
    That's a game they really needed.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,945
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    That's a game they really needed.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Next up, Utah.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,216
    I get being rusty and all, but it was the lowly pistons. I was hoping that raptors would break their losing streak tonight. Powell was balling. That was great to watch. But pistons played hard and kept raptors at bay. Tough loss. Hopefully they show up against the Jazz. Rebounding will be an issue next game.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,945
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I get being rusty and all, but it was the lowly pistons. I was hoping that raptors would break their losing streak tonight. Powell was balling. That was great to watch. But pistons played hard and kept raptors at bay. Tough loss. Hopefully they show up against the Jazz. Rebounding will be an issue next game.
    Saddiq Bey and Isaiah Stewart are nice reminders of what can be found in the middle of a draft.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,722
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Next up, Utah.
    Honestly it looks like we will be well below .500 and out of a playoff spot by the TDL.

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Honestly it looks like we will be well below .500 and out of a playoff spot by the TDL.
    We are 6 games below .500 now. 4 games until TDL (Jazz, Cavs, Rockets, Nuggets). I think the safe projection is a 2-2 stretch over the next 4. That would still have us 6 games below .500.

    Still got a couple games against each of the Lakers and Clippers. Another couple games against Jazz, Nuggets. Couple games against Phoenix, Blazers. Couple games against Brooklyn. Among Eastern Conference Teams, only Orlando has a harder strength of schedule remaining based on opponents winnings percentage.

    It will be a challenge to climb back to .500 even if we don't decide to deal Powell/Lowry.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    8,216
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We are 6 games below .500 now. 4 games until TDL (Jazz, Cavs, Rockets, Nuggets). I think the safe projection is a 2-2 stretch over the next 4. That would still have us 6 games below .500.

    Still got a couple games against each of the Lakers and Clippers. Another couple games against Jazz, Nuggets. Couple games against Phoenix, Blazers. Couple games against Brooklyn. Among Eastern Conference Teams, only Orlando has a harder strength of schedule remaining based on opponents winnings percentage.

    It will be a challenge to climb back to .500 even if we don't decide to deal Powell/Lowry.
    Raptors are hard to predict. They lost to the pistons but are quite capable of beating the Jazz tomorrow. They may also help Hou end their long losing streak. 2-2 is a safe projection, but I won't be surprised to see them go 3-1 or 0-4. Just looking forward to the TDL.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,486
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nice to see Powell put up 40!
    That doesn’t just happen. That isn’t the “system”.
    Getting open shots isn't the "system" ok buddy.

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,946
    no system makes a guy shoot this efficiently. Dude was 8 for 12 from deep...and those were the only 4 shots he missed from the field all night! His skill level has just gone to another level.

    What I wouldn't argue with though is that playing with PG's like Kyle and Fred who know how to milk a hot hand doesn't hurt, but it doesn't seem to matter who he plays with right now, he is going to find a way to put the ball in the basket. ...maybe if they found him even more last night instead of going a combined 1 for 14 from deep and 4 for 26 from the field they would have won that game. Like what the heck were Lowry and FVV doing jacking up threes in the 4th quarter the way they shot the ball last night through the first 3? Lowry had 15 dimes...but he should have tried to get 20 in the 4th instead of trying to shoot 3's and take it to the hole against 4 people. Powell had 18 shots but he should have had about 25 the way he was ballin last night.

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,486
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    no system makes a guy shoot this efficiently. Dude was 8 for 12 from deep...and those were the only 4 shots he missed from the field all night! His skill level has just gone to another level.

    What I wouldn't argue with though is that playing with PG's like Kyle and Fred who know how to milk a hot hand doesn't hurt, but it doesn't seem to matter who he plays with right now, he is going to find a way to put the ball in the basket. ...maybe if they found him even more last night instead of going a combined 1 for 14 from deep and 4 for 26 from the field they would have won that game. Like what the heck were Lowry and FVV doing jacking up threes in the 4th quarter the way they shot the ball last night through the first 3? Lowry had 15 dimes...but he should have tried to get 20 in the 4th instead of trying to shoot 3's and take it to the hole against 4 people. Powell had 18 shots but he should have had about 25 the way he was ballin last night.
    lol being a system player doesn't mean bad. You can score 42069 points in a game and still be a system player. The Raptors are getting him a lot of good shots and he is finishing plays at a high level.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,722
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Getting open shots isn't the "system" ok buddy.
    Did you watch the game? They weren’t all wide open shots off of assists. Dudes creating.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,953
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Did you watch the game? They weren’t all wide open shots off of assists. Dudes creating.
    Yeah gotta give Norm credit, he took a leap this year with the added opportunity and the efficiency has been crazy. Gotta give credit where it’s due

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,945
    OG is a defensive powerhouse. Love watching him play.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,816
    Damnn

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •