Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 667
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    OG and Norm have come out flat in both games so far. Hopefully one of them wakes up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,038
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    OG and Norm have come out flat in both games so far. Hopefully one of them wakes up soon.
    OG hit a couple three late so hopefully that gets him going. Powell looks a little lost in the offense right now. The Raptors are playing a little different with the new additions and Chris Finch adding new stuff to the offense. I think we are seeing some of the drawbacks of a shortened preseason even though the players prefer this. The Raptors are not where they want to be on both ends.



    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Tough loss....but my man balled out as some here have already note.. But just to recap..in 28 minutes last night Boucher put up 22 points, 10 rebounds, went 3 for 4 from deep and swatted 7 shots! His first block of the night was hilarious. He looked like he was playing with a little kid and just swatted his layup like 15 rows deep..lol
    His reach is just foolish. When he dives to the rim looking for a put back his head is above the rim and it looks like his arms are at the top of the backboard. Kid is a beast!!!
    Soooo nice watching a bold prediction come true.

    Siakam looks a lot more buff this season.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah Boucher should even be starting at the 5 rather than coming off the bench every time...that's the problem with y'all's team brah like seriously

    And you wonder why this team is goin nowhere fast cuz y'all ain't...like this is ridiculous, this is utterly ridiculous

    How y'all are losin to teams you should be beating...first the Pelicans and then the Spurs...ain't no words cuz y'all ain't even contenders in the East...not no more
    It might be for the best. Most of us are ready for a re-tool. Our youth is locked up and emerging.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,483
    It was another solid game from Siakam. His outside shot wasn't falling, but he gave them 15 reb and 8 assists to go with his 16 pts. He's making quick decisive moves when he gets the ball, and he has shown the ability to get the rim, hit pull up jumpers off the dribble and make shots from behind the arc if you leave him open.

    Thr craziest part about last game to me was Derozan starting at the 4. I never thought I would see that. His game looked so good last night tossing in 3 triples (in just 4 attempts) when we left him open. We just pounded them inside though with just him and LA protecting the paint. Baynes was looking like an all star with 13 pts and 7 boards in 18 min.

    I know we just gave FVV a bunch of money, but I STRONGLY believe this team would be better off going big with a starting 5 of:


    Lowry
    OG
    Siakam
    Boucher
    Baynes

    Then their first sub they go small with:

    FVV
    One of Thomas/Davis/Bembry
    Powell
    Siakam
    Boucher

    And then for a few minutes each half they go with:

    FVV
    Lowry
    Powell
    OG
    Baynes


    This would get 8 guys consistent minutes, keep one of FVV/Lowry always on the floor to run the offense and also keep one of OG/Siakam always on the floor to guard the other teams #1 wing scorer.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,941
    If you go big

    Lowry (PG)
    OG can he even play the 2?
    Siakam at the 3 can he even play small forward?
    Boucher at the 4 makes sense
    Baynes at the 5 makes sense

    But better big lineup

    Lowry (PG)
    VanVleet (SG)
    Siakam (SF)
    Boucher (PF)
    Baynes (C)

    2nd unit then you could have

    PG- Flynn
    SG- Powell or Harris
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Watanabe
    C- Len

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,941
    Raptors have too many holes on y'alls team man and that's real talk tho. Because let's face it, ever since both Ibaka and Gasol left, this team defensively are getting outmatched in almost every matchup. I mean against the Pelicans...on the offensive end yeah you kept up wit them until y'all didn't. Taking ill advised shots over and over again but also defensively having no answer for Zion Williamson or Brandon Ingram for that matter.

    Against the Spurs, more of the same **** offensively until y'all fall apart. Y'all have no closer on this team. PERIOD. Defensively, the Spurs outrebounded you guys and pounded y'all on the glass for most of the damn game.

    Can't even shoot 3s efficiently to save your lives...that is another thing that is costing this team wins in the W column.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Raptors have too many holes on y'alls team man and that's real talk tho. Because let's face it, ever since both Ibaka and Gasol left, this team defensively are getting outmatched in almost every matchup. I mean against the Pelicans...on the offensive end yeah you kept up wit them until y'all didn't. Taking ill advised shots over and over again but also defensively having no answer for Zion Williamson or Brandon Ingram for that matter.

    Against the Spurs, more of the same **** offensively until y'all fall apart. Y'all have no closer on this team. PERIOD. Defensively, the Spurs outrebounded you guys and pounded y'all on the glass for most of the damn game.

    Can't even shoot 3s efficiently to save your lives...that is another thing that is costing this team wins in the W column.
    We don’t use “y’all” in Canada. You sound like an idiot.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If you go big

    Lowry (PG)
    OG can he even play the 2?
    Siakam at the 3 can he even play small forward?
    Boucher at the 4 makes sense
    Baynes at the 5 makes sense

    But better big lineup

    Lowry (PG)
    VanVleet (SG)
    Siakam (SF)
    Boucher (PF)
    Baynes (C)

    2nd unit then you could have

    PG- Flynn
    SG- Powell or Harris
    SF- Anunoby
    PF- Watanabe
    C- Len

    Sorry, other than on paper that big starting lineup would actually probably play more like:

    PG- Lowry
    SG- Siakam
    SF- OG
    PF- Boucher
    C- Baynes


    Siakam is the creating/scoring wing, and OG is the wing that is going to defend the other teams best scorer. So to answer your question, yes Siakam can play SF. Both he and OG can defend both positions (as well as others) so it doesn't really matter what position you write down for them. I think that is their best defensive 5 man unit, as you need to be able to challenge 3 point shots in todays game of who can shoot the most threes.

    Also, our bench hasn't been the same since Fred moved to the starting 5. I really like the idea of moving him back to his best position now that he got his money and has signed on the dotted line. Since they aren't playing Flynn anyway, why not only have not only a PG on the floor at all times, but a fresh PG. We need Lowry to be assertive early on along with Siakam. So it's ok for him to go hard early on and then take a quick break and finish out each half. We don't "need" both of them out there for 35 minutes together, we just need to get them both 35+ mpg.

    They are never going to sub 5 for 5, They are on record saying they want to shorten up the bench and get 8 guys heavier minutes more like you would see in the playoffs rather than trying to adjust to that type of rotation come playoff time. So you can't just sub those 5 guys off the bench for 5-10 minutes each half.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,644
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We don’t use “y’all” in Canada. You sound like an idiot.
    Yea.... not to mention no one hear even believes we are contenders this year...

    For some it isn't just convincing people of things, they just want to hear (or read) their own voice.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    91
    I like that look. This whole two guard lineup hasnt worked plain and simple for long stretches.


    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Sorry, other than on paper that big starting lineup would actually probably play more like:

    PG- Lowry
    SG- Siakam
    SF- OG
    PF- Boucher
    C- Baynes


    Siakam is the creating/scoring wing, and OG is the wing that is going to defend the other teams best scorer. So to answer your question, yes Siakam can play SF. Both he and OG can defend both positions (as well as others) so it doesn't really matter what position you write down for them. I think that is their best defensive 5 man unit, as you need to be able to challenge 3 point shots in todays game of who can shoot the most threes.

    Also, our bench hasn't been the same since Fred moved to the starting 5. I really like the idea of moving him back to his best position now that he got his money and has signed on the dotted line. Since they aren't playing Flynn anyway, why not only have not only a PG on the floor at all times, but a fresh PG. We need Lowry to be assertive early on along with Siakam. So it's ok for him to go hard early on and then take a quick break and finish out each half. We don't "need" both of them out there for 35 minutes together, we just need to get them both 35+ mpg.

    They are never going to sub 5 for 5, They are on record saying they want to shorten up the bench and get 8 guys heavier minutes more like you would see in the playoffs rather than trying to adjust to that type of rotation come playoff time. So you can't just sub those 5 guys off the bench for 5-10 minutes each half.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    OG hit a couple three late so hopefully that gets him going. Powell looks a little lost in the offense right now. The Raptors are playing a little different with the new additions and Chris Finch adding new stuff to the offense. I think we are seeing some of the drawbacks of a shortened preseason even though the players prefer this. The Raptors are not where they want to be on both ends.


    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Agreed. They’ve been sloppy out of the gate. Could be due to a bunch of new pieces both on the floor and in the coaching staff like you alluded to.

    Neither Baynes nor Boucher do much for ball movement in the offence. Gasol’s ability to make quick passes is sorely missed. While Baynes sets good screens, he’s not a great finisher at the rim. It’s a shame we still don’t have a good big man for Lowry to run the PnR with.

    Our defence had been flat out bad. It’s been weird though. In the first q we’ve looked good on both ends in both games. In the 2nd q they just sort of chill for a bit then the entire 2nd half just sucks.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,941
    Y'all don't need to just work on your defense PERIOD...should be ashamed of yourselves like it is almost embarrassing...not only too many holes on this team but you guys need to work on finishing at the rim and hitting your ****in shots...better yet get in the gym right now!!!

    Y'all will probably take another L when you face the Sixers tonight...who is goin to stop Embiid on this new look Raptors team? Nobody. Who is goin to stop Simmons? Nobody.

    VanVleet is probably the only one who is ballin out but he ain't playin like no closer that's for sure. Siakam is supposed to be Spicy P. He should be called Pandemic P with his inconsistent play and you guys call him an All Star. Paul George doesn't even deserve the name Pandemic P, Siakam does not just with his play but he just is not a leader period.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all don't need to just work on your defense PERIOD...should be ashamed of yourselves like it is almost embarrassing...not only too many holes on this team but you guys need to work on finishing at the rim and hitting your ****in shots...better yet get in the gym right now!!!

    Y'all will probably take another L when you face the Sixers tonight...who is goin to stop Embiid on this new look Raptors team? Nobody. Who is goin to stop Simmons? Nobody.

    VanVleet is probably the only one who is ballin out but he ain't playin like no closer that's for sure. Siakam is supposed to be Spicy P. He should be called Pandemic P with his inconsistent play and you guys call him an All Star. Paul George doesn't even deserve the name Pandemic P, Siakam does not just with his play but he just is not a leader period.
    Trolly troll troll. Seriously, why is this guy even allowed to still post this constant jargon?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all don't need to just work on your defense PERIOD...should be ashamed of yourselves like it is almost embarrassing...not only too many holes on this team but you guys need to work on finishing at the rim and hitting your ****in shots...better yet get in the gym right now!!!

    Y'all will probably take another L when you face the Sixers tonight...who is goin to stop Embiid on this new look Raptors team? Nobody. Who is goin to stop Simmons? Nobody.

    VanVleet is probably the only one who is ballin out but he ain't playin like no closer that's for sure. Siakam is supposed to be Spicy P. He should be called Pandemic P with his inconsistent play and you guys call him an All Star. Paul George doesn't even deserve the name Pandemic P, Siakam does not just with his play but he just is not a leader period.
    Hopefully Masai pulls off that Tatum for Norm swap that’s been in the news lately.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •