Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 1644
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,165
    that's funny cause Nurse used to work under Finch.

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,936
    I know they haven't really had a chance to play a lot together yet, but do we have a "big 5" in the making (....assuming we can hang on to Powell and Lowry after this season)?


    FVV.....- 20.1/4.4/6.6
    Siakam- 20.5/7.7/4.7
    Powell.- 20.1/3.8/1.9 (over his 18 starts)
    Lowry..- 17.7/5.4/6.4
    OG......- 14.1/6.0/1.5



    -Lowry has been an all star each of the last 6 years
    -Siakam start the all-star game last year
    -FVV is playing like an all-star this year
    -Powell has played like an all-star since getting a chance to start
    -OG is already one of the best and most versatile defensive players in the league


    None of them are in the NBA's top 10 best players, but as a unit they play really, really good basketball.

    I hope we actually get to see them play together for a while before the playoffs start.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I know they haven't really had a chance to play a lot together yet, but do we have a "big 5" in the making (....assuming we can hang on to Powell and Lowry after this season)?


    FVV.....- 20.1/4.4/6.6
    Siakam- 20.5/7.7/4.7
    Powell.- 20.1/3.8/1.9 (over his 18 starts)
    Lowry..- 17.7/5.4/6.4
    OG......- 14.1/6.0/1.5



    -Lowry has been an all star each of the last 6 years
    -Siakam start the all-star game last year
    -FVV is playing like an all-star this year
    -Powell has played like an all-star since getting a chance to start
    -OG is already one of the best and most versatile defensive players in the league


    None of them are in the NBA's top 10 best players, but as a unit they play really, really good basketball.

    I hope we actually get to see them play together for a while before the playoffs start.
    Honestly, with FVVís defensive emergence he could very well play himself into the top 10 in the league in a couple years. He would need to have a season with 10+ assists though.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,936
    I dont know if you even have to have a top 10 player. Who was the top 10 player on the Spurs latest rifle in 2013/14 when Kawhi averaged 12.8 ppg. Duncan was 37, Ginobli was 36 and Tony Parker averaged 17 and 6.


    I know it is rare, but titles can still be won with strong 5 man units that don't rely on one superstar.

    However, I also think that both FVV and Pascal have the ability to be 2 way studs and at least get into top 10 conversations once Lowry is either traded or retires. Once Lowry is gone they will be getting the all-star nods every year instead of Kyle as we continue to finish near the top of the EC in the regular season.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I dont know if you even have to have a top 10 player. Who was the top 10 player on the Spurs latest rifle in 2013/14 when Kawhi averaged 12.8 ppg. Duncan was 37, Ginobli was 36 and Tony Parker averaged 17 and 6.


    I know it is rare, but titles can still be won with strong 5 man units that don't rely on one superstar.

    However, I also think that both FVV and Pascal have the ability to be 2 way studs and at least get into top 10 conversations once Lowry is either traded or retires. Once Lowry is gone they will be getting the all-star nods every year instead of Kyle as we continue to finish near the top of the EC in the regular season.
    If you go back and watch the Spurs that year when they were running Diaw at C.... they won because they had the best ball movement Iíve ever witnessed. It was a sight to behold. I donít think it can be replicated.

    Regardless, Iím not saying we need it (though we might). Itís just crazy how Fred has blossomed. Heís probably a top 10 shooter right now. Almost definitely a top 10 defender in the entire league right now. If you include scoring then he might be a top 20 all-around playmaker.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,160
    Wasn't he the lead assistant? Who is moving on up?

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,936
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If you go back and watch the Spurs that year when they were running Diaw at C.... they won because they had the best ball movement Iíve ever witnessed. It was a sight to behold. I donít think it can be replicated.

    Regardless, Iím not saying we need it (though we might). Itís just crazy how Fred has blossomed. Heís probably a top 10 shooter right now. Almost definitely a top 10 defender in the entire league right now. If you include scoring then he might be a top 20 all-around playmaker.
    I remember it well. There was still more inside out play back then through TD, but their ball movement was legendary that season I agree. I also believe playing with elite ball movement is how this young core has been groomed to play. I mean just look at the balance they have across their top 6 scorers both this year and last year once they didn't have Kawhi (or Derozan). Pretty soon not only are they going to have 6 guys in double figures, they are going to have 6 guys averaging 15+ ppg, with their top 2 scorers both averaging exactly 16.6 FGA's per game.

    The Spurs in 2013/14 had 6 guys in double figures and 3 more guys averaging around 9 ppg...(.... but no one played 30 mpg ). I would say the Raptors have similar distribution to that Spurs team, just their top guys play heavier minutes than Duncan and Parker did that season....and everyone takes more 3's so the shots come earlier and the FG% is a little lower across the board. But I thought the Raptors were becoming the Spurs of the East before they stole their best player and won a title with him..lol I still think they are are built to be that kind of an organization. They play the right way and they play hard, so they will continue to keep finding themselves in the playoffs every year for a while.

    As long as they are able to hang on to Masai and Nurse, this team is going to be good. Hopefully 20 years from now they still have them both....and more championship rings to fit on one hand

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Wasn't he the lead assistant? Who is moving on up?
    Nobody. Nurse said he'll take over Finch's duties for now.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I dont know if you even have to have a top 10 player. Who was the top 10 player on the Spurs latest rifle in 2013/14 when Kawhi averaged 12.8 ppg. Duncan was 37, Ginobli was 36 and Tony Parker averaged 17 and 6.


    I know it is rare, but titles can still be won with strong 5 man units that don't rely on one superstar.

    However, I also think that both FVV and Pascal have the ability to be 2 way studs and at least get into top 10 conversations once Lowry is either traded or retires. Once Lowry is gone they will be getting the all-star nods every year instead of Kyle as we continue to finish near the top of the EC in the regular season.
    Also had Danny Green playing out of his mind.

    To be fair, it is hard to judge the talent of the Spurs because a lot of those guys sacrificed their numbers for the team. Kawhi could have easily dropped 20+ points that year if Pop ran more plays for him.
    Last edited by ecart; 02-23-2021 at 01:00 PM.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,161
    Just YouTube searched ď 2013/14 spurs passingĒ and man itís just unbelievable. Any team could win a chip with that type of ball movement. They were unstoppable.

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    The Nick Nurse coaching tree continues to sprawl. Great to see, even if it stinks to lose key pieces to our coaching team.
    I think it sucks for us. We already play 0 games at home. We lost an assistant to the Pacers and now another one to the Twolves. How does that effect our practices? Surely these assistance are in place for a reason right itís not like theyíre just cheering on the side lines. These guys all have a hand in practices, in coming up with schemes, in player development etc.

    Itís nice to see our coaching staff is respected and wanted around the league, I just donít think we need any more disadvantages this year that is already challenging.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Just YouTube searched ď 2013/14 spurs passingĒ and man itís just unbelievable. Any team could win a chip with that type of ball movement. They were unstoppable.
    Not just any team. You still need those super stars that they had. The talent was tremendous along with the coaching.

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,161
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Not just any team. You still need those super stars that they had. The talent was tremendous along with the coaching.
    Any team.

    I donít think it will be replicated for the reasons you suggested though.

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,754
    The fact that Norm didn't get a foul call when Simmons hacks both his arms on a breakaway dunk, sending him to the stanchion is an absolute joke. The fact that Norm is tech'd for arguing is the cherry on top. Absolutely disgraceful.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,200
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The fact that Norm didn't get a foul call when Simmons hacks both his arms on a breakaway dunk, sending him to the stanchion is an absolute joke. The fact that Norm is tech'd for arguing is the cherry on top. Absolutely disgraceful.
    Those refs are pussyoles


Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •