Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 1644
  1. #586
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,862
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    ^^Then you add the sweetener and get it done..lol

    Collins is an expiring, but he is also a RFA, and has bird rights. So if they don't want to let him walk, he doesn't go anywhere. (The importance of this cannot be overstated). It isn't a risk that he is a rental. The only question is how much you are going to have to pay him.
    Is Collins good at C? Like truly good on both sides of the ball? If so then I pull the trigger. Completes our starting 5 if we lock up Powell.

    He needs to be able to hang with championship level Cís. We already know the rest of the stating lineup can hang with the best. FVV/Powell/OG/siakam can all matchup with the best of their position.

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Is Collins good at C? Like truly good on both sides of the ball? If so then I pull the trigger. Completes our starting 5 if we lock up Powell.

    He needs to be able to hang with championship level Cís. We already know the rest of the stating lineup can hang with the best. FVV/Powell/OG/siakam can all matchup with the best of their position.
    This hits my only concern on the head. Collins has a defensive rating of around 112-113. He's really an above average but not prolific rebounder and his shot blocking isn't particularly good. Ultimately he's an average defender and an exceptional offensive player. But, I think there's a lot to work with there and he's definitely worth a large contract in my opinion.

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    This hits my only concern on the head. Collins has a defensive rating of around 112-113. He's really an above average but not prolific rebounder and his shot blocking isn't particularly good. Ultimately he's an average defender and an exceptional offensive player. But, I think there's a lot to work with there and he's definitely worth a large contract in my opinion.
    It would be a slam dunk if we had a great C and needed a PF. Iím hesitant to call Collins the missing piece to a championship roster though.

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,034
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That brings me to my next question, I know you like the talent in this upcoming draft. So much so that you want another pick. But Hawks are rumoured to shop Collins for a first rounder. Collins makes only $4 mill, we could give Stan Johnson or McCaw along with our first round pick and attain Collins. Would that be too risky given that heís an expiring contract? Or are we better off to just keep our pick due to the depth and talent in the draft
    It is a direction I wouldnít hate. Hawks are rumoured to want a high pick for him though and I wouldnít make the deal without Top 5 protection.

    If that would do it, it merits strong consideration. I am big on Collins. And I do think he can play a bunch of C in the modern NBA. We would need bigger option for some matchups though.

    In that scenario the team good use bird rights on Collins, Powell and Lowry to go above the cap (probably way above). Not sure if they want stay below the tax.

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    This hits my only concern on the head. Collins has a defensive rating of around 112-113. He's really an above average but not prolific rebounder and his shot blocking isn't particularly good. Ultimately he's an average defender and an exceptional offensive player. But, I think there's a lot to work with there and he's definitely worth a large contract in my opinion.
    Defensive rating is a bad stat man. It's literally 113 because his team's DRTG is 113. If he got more blocks and steals then it would be lower than the team's DRTG. Lu Dort is one of the best wing defenders in the NBA right now and his DRTG isn't any different than his team's because he doesn't get steals or blocks.

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,862
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Defensive rating is a bad stat man. It's literally 113 because his team's DRTG is 113. If he got more blocks and steals then it would be lower than the team's DRTG. Lu Dort is one of the best wing defenders in the NBA right now and his DRTG isn't any different than his team's because he doesn't get steals or blocks.
    Wow what a failure of a stat.

    Why is it so hard to make defensive stats in basketball? Isnít everything tracked af by now?

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,034
    OG with the highlight!

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Wow what a failure of a stat.

    Why is it so hard to make defensive stats in basketball? Isnít everything tracked af by now?
    Those aren't free. Those cameras cost millions of dollars. The NBA has some tracked stats but they don't really maintain them so they can be noisy.

    Darryl Morey said all the free defensive stats are useless.

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    that small ball lineup is pretty fun. giannis wasting his prime in MIL.

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,862
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Those aren't free. Those cameras cost millions of dollars. The NBA has some tracked stats but they don't really maintain them so they can be noisy.

    Darryl Morey said all the free defensive stats are useless.
    So they exist but not to the public? Makes sense. Interesting that they are developing from within rather than externally like baseball seemed to.

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,034
    Even though I want them to look beyond this year and sell off some assets, nights like tonight make me remember how much a appreciate this group.

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,705
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    So they exist but not to the public? Makes sense. Interesting that they are developing from within rather than externally like baseball seemed to.
    nah they were public for a couple of years to market the product but then it got closed off. writers have access to tracking data so you still see that **** dropped from time to time. the NBA has public tracking data but since it is a cost center it is not maintained very well.

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,658
    That was a fun game. I'm happy with a split. I expected to be swept.

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    33,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    That was a fun game. I'm happy with a split. I expected to be swept.
    +1

    Loved seeing giannis frustrated at the end. Shoulda just came here bruh lol

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,658
    I expect today to be a blowout lol. But a split is good for me.

Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •