Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1644
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Rough game. Feels like Siakam always missing late shots.
    That one will sting for a bit.

    Bucks next in a back to back.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,861
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    tbh he didn't deserve that mvp. he just won because of the narrative. he is the only mvp winner in NBA history with a team outside of 1, 2 seeds (OKC was 6th).

    and the whole triple dubs thing is kinda overhyped and inflated since even the OKC coaching staff/front office admitted they were padding his stats.
    Yeah I get that but heís being compared to Norm Powell here, who up until this year has been a rotation player off the bench.

    PSD has a tendency to take narratives and run with them. Yeah Russ isnít gonna win you a ship as a main guy but when we start saying things like ďIíll take norm over him straight upĒ thatís taking it to another level of Homerism lol

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,861
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    That one will sting for a bit.

    Bucks next in a back to back.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Gonna be hard to watch those games. Giannis is gonna have a good time in the paint.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,785
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Gonna be hard to watch those games. Giannis is gonna have a good time in the paint.
    At this point you almost have to expect some type of trade to improve the center position if they are planning to make a run. Baynes is off to a slow start and should improve but they need some help there.

    For me, this team doesnt feel that far off from where they were last year. This season is really showing the fine line between winning and losing.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,118
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah I get that but heís being compared to Norm Powell here, who up until this year has been a rotation player off the bench.

    PSD has a tendency to take narratives and run with them. Yeah Russ isnít gonna win you a ship as a main guy but when we start saying things like ďIíll take norm over him straight upĒ thatís taking it to another level of Homerism lol
    I think at this point in their careers and considering their salaries, I don't think it is insane to take Powell over WB. If they were making the same money and were the same age, it would be a different story.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think at this point in their careers and considering their salaries, I don't think it is insane to take Powell over WB. If they were making the same money and were the same age, it would be a different story.
    Yeah I have to think most Gmís would take Powell too with those considerations.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    At this point you almost have to expect some type of trade to improve the center position if they are planning to make a run. Baynes is off to a slow start and should improve but they need some help there.

    For me, this team doesnt feel that far off from where they were last year. This season is really showing the fine line between winning and losing.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    And there lies the debate.
    Are you prepared to settle for last years team? Or do you want more?

    Itís really all about Lowry. Very curious what is going on with him.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,707
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah I get that but heís being compared to Norm Powell here, who up until this year has been a rotation player off the bench.

    PSD has a tendency to take narratives and run with them. Yeah Russ isnít gonna win you a ship as a main guy but when we start saying things like ďIíll take norm over him straight upĒ thatís taking it to another level of Homerism lol
    It really isn't though. It has a lot more to do with what I think of Westbrook than Powell. Westbrook has not adjusted his game at all over the years. He is a high usage player that shoots 40% from the field, 30% from 3, 65% from the line while turning the ball over 5 times a game. He kills his own teams offense as often as he contributes to it. With his horrid efficiency, he is top 5 in the NBA in usage. There is no self-awareness that he just isn't that good. It affects the chemistry of the teams he plays on, it affects the development of young players who have the adjust to play around him and it creates a losing culture.

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16,078
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It really isn't though. It has a lot more to do with what I think of Westbrook than Powell. Westbrook has not adjusted his game at all over the years. He is a high usage player that shoots 40% from the field, 30% from 3, 65% from the line while turning the ball over 5 times a game. He kills his own teams offense as often as he contributes to it. With his horrid efficiency, he is top 5 in the NBA in usage. There is no self-awareness that he just isn't that good. It affects the chemistry of the teams he plays on, it affects the development of young players who have the adjust to play around him and it creates a losing culture.
    Imagine if he focused all that energy into defence and creating for others.

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,785
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And there lies the debate.
    Are you prepared to settle for last years team? Or do you want more?

    Itís really all about Lowry. Very curious what is going on with him.
    I think the plan has to been to win all along. Masai has been very consistent with that message, which is why I have never taken the tank route seriously. The Raptors being in on Drummond certainly validates that they want to compete.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,861
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It really isn't though. It has a lot more to do with what I think of Westbrook than Powell. Westbrook has not adjusted his game at all over the years. He is a high usage player that shoots 40% from the field, 30% from 3, 65% from the line while turning the ball over 5 times a game. He kills his own teams offense as often as he contributes to it. With his horrid efficiency, he is top 5 in the NBA in usage. There is no self-awareness that he just isn't that good. It affects the chemistry of the teams he plays on, it affects the development of young players who have the adjust to play around him and it creates a losing culture.
    Itís very difficult to compare players in compete different scenarios. One being a career bench player the other being in the position to be a corner stone. What if we flipped them? What if Russ was a guy playing 20 mins a game off the bench and what if Norm was the guy playing 40 mins and asked to carry teams as a corner stone? How would each fair then?

    donít get carried away when comparing one of our rotation players who is likely 7th-8th on the depth chart with someone who has been a 1st or 2nd option his entire career. Russ has also declined in the last few years. Im not a big Westbrook fan, but I think if they were both in the draft today and itís your pick itís a pretty easy one to make.

    I def understand your take on this. Norm is more efficient, and plays with in the system. But you also have to consider the fact that Norm has always had a short leash and if he isnít playing well his role and mins decrease in the blink of an eye. While he looks great now there have been plenty of stretches where he wasnít great and there were even times where you wondered what his role was exactly. Huge fluctuation with Norm through his career so far. If weíre only looking at this season then ok maybe. But career to career?

    Either way who gives a **** about Russ lol
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 02-15-2021 at 03:37 PM.

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,707
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Itís very difficult to compare players in compete different scenarios. One being a career bench player the other being in the position to be a corner stone. What if we flipped them? What if Russ was a guy playing 20 mins a game off the bench and what if Norm was the guy playing 40 mins and asked to carry teams as a corner stone? How would each fair then?

    donít get carried away when comparing one of our rotation players who is likely 7th-8th on the depth chart with someone who has been a 1st or 2nd option his entire career. Russ has also declined in the last few years. Im not a big Westbrook fan, but I think if they were both in the draft today and itís your pick itís a pretty easy one to make.
    7th/8th on the depth chart? What names do you have above him on our depth chart?

    The issue for me isn't can Powell be a 1st or 2nd option. We both know he can't. So he doesn't try to. He plays within the team concept. Westbrook clearly can't succeed as a 1st or 2nd option either. But he still thinks he is a guy that can and has shown 0 ability to adapt his game to take a lesser role. You are right, it is a pretty easy pick to make. I would literally pick 100 players ahead of Westbrook if the league were in the draft today.

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,707
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Itís very difficult to compare players in compete different scenarios. One being a career bench player the other being in the position to be a corner stone. What if we flipped them? What if Russ was a guy playing 20 mins a game off the bench and what if Norm was the guy playing 40 mins and asked to carry teams as a corner stone? How would each fair then?

    donít get carried away when comparing one of our rotation players who is likely 7th-8th on the depth chart with someone who has been a 1st or 2nd option his entire career. Russ has also declined in the last few years. Im not a big Westbrook fan, but I think if they were both in the draft today and itís your pick itís a pretty easy one to make.

    I def understand your take on this. Norm is more efficient, and plays with in the system. But you also have to consider the fact that Norm has always had a short leash and if he isnít playing well his role and mins decrease in the blink of an eye. While he looks great now there have been plenty of stretches where he wasnít great and there were even times where you wondered what his role was exactly. Huge fluctuation with Norm through his career so far. If weíre only looking at this season then ok maybe. But career to career?

    Either way who gives a **** about Russ lol
    I mean, fair point. This all just came from my comment while watching the Raps/Wiz game. I imagine you have to be thrilled he is out of Houston as he tanked the team in the playoffs last year.

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,861
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I think the plan has to been to win all along. Masai has been very consistent with that message, which is why I have never taken the tank route seriously. The Raptors being in on Drummond certainly validates that they want to compete.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Agree. Also the contracts given to FVV/Siakam/OG indicates that our FO believes in the core. I donít think they ever considered rebuilding.

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,861
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I mean, fair point. This all just came from my comment while watching the Raps/Wiz game. I imagine you have to be thrilled he is out of Houston as he tanked the team in the playoffs last year.
    Not really. For all the flack that Russ gets, people donít realize how militant he is. He is the type of guy that leads his team like an army. Very disciplined in his approach to working in practice, has a no none-sense mentality when it comes to practice and punctuality. Which is ironic because his game isnít all that disciplined. But his approach very much is.

    Russ was really pissed off with Harden. I can source you articles on this if need be. Harden was late to practices, didnít show up for pre season, on the road in cities that he liked to party in, he arranged for there to be no practice or for the team to stay an extra night if they werenít playing a back to back so that he could party in that city. That stuff didnít fly with Russ. Russ is all about preparing for the next game, getting in his work outs, practising hard with the team etc. I know it sounds surprising but thatís Russ.

    Now the trade itself. When Morey was running things in Houston he didnít want to trade for Russ. Tillman Ferttita forced his hand. Also Harden didnít like Paul, because Paul would try to hold him accountable. (About the same sort of stuff that Russ was upset about)

    But when Russ came, it started becoming apparent that Harden infact was the problem. The team simply catered to him too much. There was no accountability. If Harden wants to party then Harden goes and Parties, and if his team mates say anything they get traded away. This was the issue towards the end. At this point you have to understand that the Rockets tried everything. Howard, Capela, Paul, Russ. It didnít matter who it was, none of them were going to solve the problems there.

    Russ actually ended up asking for a trade as a result. He just couldnít deal with the shenanigans. Russ is not the guy that will disappear on his team like Kyrie, or not show up for pre season like Harden. Russ actually gives a ****. The dude is all heart. The problem is between the ears. His ball iq in real time is just not that great. His decision making in game is just not that great. He plays on raw emotion and that is not good. He needs to think the game out and slow it down but I think he is just use to going 100 km an hour

Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •