Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Gallo was out and now Hunter is out. They havenít been full health all season. Also they just formed. Give it time
    I think capela is like a Drummond or JV. Stat stuffer who doesnít contribute much to actual winning because heís easily exposed in crunch time with the pnr.

Lowry can't live there, so why continue to pay property tax on a 5M home? Or maybe that was him telling them trade me now, it's time. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Lowry can't live there, so why continue to pay property tax on a 5M home? Or maybe that was him telling them trade me now, it's time. Who knows.
    Not to mention houses are much, much cheaper in the states unless youíre in L.A or N.Y

His house is listed at like 5.7 mill. Comparatively he can get three houses of the same size in Texas or Florida and even save some money.

Heís gone.

Been telling you guys Lowry is leaving. Itís time to shop him. That last 30 mill extension was Masai thank you to him and I think the understanding was that it would be it. Time to move on for both sides. Will be goat raptor for sure. First jersey retirement?
    He should def get his Jersey retired after 6 straight all-stars, 7 years (and counting) of playoff basketball and a championship. He's been the backbone of this Raptor team that turned this franchise.

Gallo was out and now Hunter is out. They havenít been full health all season. Also they just formed. Give it time
    You suggesting it is too early for me to start the "Trae Young is overrated" narrative?

You are right, it is early. Most teams have had injury issues throughout the conference/league though. As expected, it has been a rough year for that.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 02-10-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    You suggesting it is too early for me to start the "Trae Young is overrated" narrative?

You are right, it is early. Most teams have had injury issues throughout the conference/league though. As expected, it has been a rough year for that.
    He isnít overrated as a scorer. But he is definitely overrated as a player who contributes to winning. Itís the same thing with capela. Stuff those stats, but too easily exposed when the shots count.

Part of what makes FVV so incredible is that he is somehow not a defensive liability at all. He might be our best defender, and even on our championship run he might have been our 2nd best defender.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Part of what makes FVV so incredible is that he is somehow not a defensive liability at all. He might be our best defender, and even on our championship run he might have been our 2nd best defender.
    I find it remarkable how good a defender he is every time I watch him. Such a consistent, complete player.

I think I take Powell over Westbrook straight up, without salary considerations. But RW makes 30 million more. Just a brutal contract...

I think capela is like a Drummond or JV. Stat stuffer who doesnít contribute much to actual winning because heís easily exposed in crunch time with the pnr.
    what no. capela has quick feet. his game is literally the opposite of JV's.
    Last edited by ecart; 02-11-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    what no. capela has quick feet. his game is literally the opposite of JV's.
    Havenít seen much rim protection or PnR defence from him in Houston. Havenít watched very much of him in ATL so maybe heís improved there.

Havenít seen much rim protection or PnR defence from him in Houston. Havenít watched very much of him in ATL so maybe heís improved there.
    lol what, he was a defensive beast in Houston. They had a super aggressive switching scheme and Capela had no problems anchoring that. He was just the odd man out cause Morey low balled him and Capela got butt hurt. So Morey just decided to double down on going small.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think I take Powell over Westbrook straight up, without salary considerations. But RW makes 30 million more. Just a brutal contract...
    I dunno, Russ was an mvp and averaged a triple dubs for a season. I get heís not exactly a winning type of player, but Powell is also just a role player. But is def more a team guy and contributes to winning. Interesting comparison

I dunno, Russ was an mvp and averaged a triple dubs for a season. I get heís not exactly a winning type of player, but Powell is also just a role player. But is def more a team guy and contributes to winning. Interesting comparison
    tbh he didn't deserve that mvp. he just won because of the narrative. he is the only mvp winner in NBA history with a team outside of 1, 2 seeds (OKC was 6th).

and the whole triple dubs thing is kinda overhyped and inflated since even the OKC coaching staff/front office admitted they were padding his stats.

Rough game. Feels like Siakam always missing late shots.

Page 37 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast