Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 1644
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,403
    Even without KD for half the game, impressive win for this group.

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,730
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    130?
    The defense somewhat established itself.

    Huge win!

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,910
    Natalie Sago just sucks at her job...or just hates the Raptors. ..and Carl Lane has no marbles. What a joke they both are. Overturning the 5th on KD in the 3rd by that group was ridiculous. The techs on Fred and Nurse...ridiculous. The end of the second with the no call on Boucher after a vicious hack across both arms, followed by a call on Bembry for blocking a pass by Harden.... ridiculous. Foul on FVV when he stuffed it in Kyrie's face....ridiculous.


    How that group has NBA officiating jobs is beyond me. What a performance by Lowry and the Raps to win playing 5 on 8 last night. Classic Raptor win in the Lowry era.

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,403
    Hawks confuse me.

    Trae/Rondo/Dunn
    Bogdanovic/Huerter
    Hunter/Reddish
    Collins/Gallinari
    Capela/Okongwu

    I feel like they should be better.

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,730
    The officiating today exemplifies what is wrong with the game. That third quarter was a disaster. Bigs don't get the same treatment that the guards do on the perimeter.

    Credit to the Hawks tho, they outplayed the Raptors tonight.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,910
    Refs raping the Raptors again tonight with his whistle
    Last edited by bartron_44; 02-09-2021 at 08:06 AM. Reason: wrong ref name..lol

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,403
    Dillon Brooks is a really nice two way player.

    Missing JV (no regrets on trade of course though).

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,910
    What a game from the Raps in the second half. Once Nurse got ejected they dominated...and FVV, Powell and Pascal went off:

    Pascal- 32 points and went 5 for 8 from deep!
    Freddy- 32 points and went 12 for 12 from the line and 4 for 7 from deep!
    Powell- 29 points and went 6 for 9 from deep!


    Powell is on fire in the starting lineup. In his 11 starts he is now averaging 21 points on 47% from deep and 51% from the field (...aka like an all-star) and he just keeps finishing and shooting better and better the further we go into the season. He's playing like a guy who can become a FA after this season and cash in.... He keeps playing like this and he may get the same kind of deal as OG. Someone is going to give him a starting gig and let him play 35+ mpg if they don't.

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,730
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    What a game from the Raps in the second half. Once Nurse got ejected they dominated...and FVV, Powell and Pascal went off:

    Pascal- 32 points and went 5 for 8 from deep!
    Freddy- 32 points and went 12 for 12 from the line and 4 for 7 from deep!
    Powell- 29 points and went 6 for 9 from deep!


    Powell is on fire in the starting lineup. In his 11 starts he is now averaging 21 points on 47% from deep and 51% from the field (...aka like an all-star) and he just keeps finishing and shooting better and better the further we go into the season. He's playing like a guy who can become a FA after this season and cash in.... He keeps playing like this and he may get the same kind of deal as OG. Someone is going to give him a starting gig and let him play 35+ mpg if they don't.
    Nurse has an interesting decision to make when OG returns. Powell plays a lot better as a starter.



    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,403
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Nurse has an interesting decision to make when OG returns. Powell plays a lot better as a starter.



    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    This season that evidence is clear. I feel like last season he had a horrid start off the bench. Got moved to starting lineup as injuries hit, he got hot and stayed hot as a bench player later in the year. I may be remembering wrong though.

    He has been an incredible weapon for us. Hope he keeps it up. Do you then prepare to give him a big FA contract? Or maximize value in a trade.

    I do think our offensive system is perfect for him to be able to find his shots...

    Do we want 100+ million tied up in Powell/FVV/OG/Siakam/Lowry?
    Last edited by pebloemer; 02-09-2021 at 02:34 PM.

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,403
    Raps 905 tip off tomorrowt. Curious how Flynn specifically does. Harris is obviously going to get some time with the ball. Alize Johnson, Brissett, Hernández and Ellenson are other names to look at for.

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,730
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This season that evidence is clear. I feel like last season he had a horrid start off the bench. Got moved to starting lineup as injuries hit, he got hot and stayed hot as a bench player later in the year. I may be remembering wrong though.

    He has been an incredible weapon for us. Hope he keeps it up. Do you then prepare to give him a big FA contract? Or maximize value in a trade.

    I do think our offensive system is perfect for him to be able to find his shots...

    Do we want 100+ million tied up in Powell/FVV/OG/Siakam/Lowry?
    Yeah he was able to sustain his playing while coming off the bench. I'm not sure what they should do at this point. Powell could end up being one of the better free agents this summer.

    Also, Lowry is selling his home in Toronto. I wonder what that means..

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,632
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah he was able to sustain his playing while coming off the bench. I'm not sure what they should do at this point. Powell could end up being one of the better free agents this summer.

    Also, Lowry is selling his home in Toronto. I wonder what that means..

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Ugh... selling that house is not a good sign imo. Feels like he is at least planning on exploring FA.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,798
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Hawks confuse me.

    Trae/Rondo/Dunn
    Bogdanovic/Huerter
    Hunter/Reddish
    Collins/Gallinari
    Capela/Okongwu

    I feel like they should be better.
    Gallo was out and now Hunter is out. They haven’t been full health all season. Also they just formed. Give it time

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,798
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ugh... selling that house is not a good sign imo. Feels like he is at least planning on exploring FA.
    He’s gone.

    Been telling you guys Lowry is leaving. It’s time to shop him. That last 30 mill extension was Masai thank you to him and I think the understanding was that it would be it. Time to move on for both sides. Will be goat raptor for sure. First jersey retirement?

Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •