Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    His 3pt stroke is actually pretty decent, and he shot it reliably enough in the G League last season at over 36%. I love his hustle , quick feet and length. He's another "big" that can switch on to a wing and hold his own, and he's not afraid to take his shot when he's open.
    How tall is he? I thought he's around OG's size? I see him as a wing with some length which is what we sorely need off the bench. It's basically Chris Boucher and a bunch of guards on there. If he plays defence the way he did last night then Nurse will give him a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Ive only been able to watch like 2 full games but when we lose the lead, around when in the game does it happen and who's on the floor.

IIRC, we are generally fine in the 1st half but lise leads in the 3rd. Is it when the starting 5 is in during the 3rd that we lose leads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Ive only been able to watch like 2 full games but when we lose the lead, around when in the game does it happen and who's on the floor.

IIRC, we are generally fine in the 1st half but lise leads in the 3rd. Is it when the starting 5 is in during the 3rd that we lose leads?
    Its been all over. The ones that stung though were the first 3. They blew each of them at the very end.

They haven't looked like the same team with Baynes or Len on the floor, but Nurse seems to have figured that out..

I thought he was 6'10, but Yuta is 6'9 (in shoes) with with a 6'10 wingspan and had a vertical over 36 inches coming out of college. Maybe its how skinny he is, but when he gets down in his stance he has good reach and his arms appear really long.

Here's a good scouting report I found on him from 2019:

"....Watanabe is first-and-foremost an interesting defensive prospect. When he was playing at George Washington, he was named the Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year as a senior despite not posting huge counting stats. Where Watanabe shined in college and last year in the G League is a sound, versatile team defender. He can alter shots inside while also hanging with quicker guards on the perimeter. Watanabe’s NBA calling card is likely as a three-and-d player where his best value is as a part of of a sound defensive system, perhaps one that calls for a lot of switching...."

So they said his calling card would be 3 and D and that he would thrive in a system just like the Raptors play with a lot of switching. ...and I concur seeing him move his feet.

He is not as tall as say boucher but what youl notice about watanabe is he doesnt try to out jump his guy. He boxes out and does all the small things well. He gets to the right position on the shot (long side). His stroke is actually really smooth and i dont see why he wont hit at a 35 clip. He just cant create his own shot yet. I think with boucher a lot of the guys tend to not take him seriously and box him out cause of his build and he just straight up deceives them with his length and second quick hop as well as his second hop on misses

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    How tall is he? I thought he's around OG's size? I see him as a wing with some length which is what we sorely need off the bench. It's basically Chris Boucher and a bunch of guards on there. If he plays defence the way he did last night then Nurse will give him a chance.

Well the Raptors face Golden State in a 2019 Finals rematch...but it is a way different Warriors team than what y'all saw 2 years ago but they still have Steph who's playin at MVP caliber right now and Draymond who still locking up people

Ahhh that one hurt. They were so close

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Man, James Wiseman is going to be so damn good. He moves so smooth for a beast of a man and also knows how to use his weight. Did anyone see when he pinned Siakam under the basket, received the pass then did a turn around dunk on him?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Man, James Wiseman is going to be so damn good. He moves so smooth for a beast of a man and also knows how to use his weight. Did anyone see when he pinned Siakam under the basket, received the pass then did a turn around dunk on him?
    That's what Siakam should be doin to people but Wiseman is gon be special...well the Raptors gon have to play on Dame Time tonight in Portland

I didnt like that last play. Ball should be in Lowry's hands. But i gess he may have been plan A shooter for them since Siakam was plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    That's what Siakam should be doin to people but Wiseman is gon be special...well the Raptors gon have to play on Dame Time tonight in Portland
    Siakam was playing as undersized C. Hes skinny enoigh as it is. How can he do that to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I disagree. I think Siakam should be taking logo 3’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Siakam was playing as undersized C. Hes skinny enoigh as it is. How can he do that to people.
    He could if he used his signature spin move

I disagree. I think Siakam should be taking logo 3’s.
    He can't hit those

I was most impressed with how Wiseman defends the PnR. As a rookie, I thought he did a great job in shutting that part of the Raptors offense down...and that (along with the Raptors missing a ton of open shots) really made it hard for them to score.

I thought for sure on that last play Siakam would take it to the hoop. He got a running a start and no one even stopped him until he hit the foul line. Down by one you have to take it to the bucket there and put the pressure on the ref (..if you don't finish.)

Boucher got robbed of finishing that game too. He had 2 or 3 BS fouls in that game that made him only play 23 min. ..and he still dropped 16 points and blocked 6 shots. I hate to call them out again, but that was another pretty one sided whistle from the refs in that game. The Warriors deserve about 50 effing thousand dollars in flopping fines for that game. They are fu!@in joke. That foul on Fred that they challenged at the end where he somehow magically fouled him before the shooting motion when he wasn't even close to him at that point was the icing on the cake. I called it too. I knew they would make up some magic effin BS to give Lee FT's when he scissor kicked and flailed his way into a foul. Another game the Raptors really should have won. Especially after Curry lays a major egg. FFS!!

I already didn't like GS because I hate Draymond Green's dirty *****, but now I respect them even less. They are definitely being taught and told to flop around like fish out of water, and it should be embarrasing for them as men.

Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast