Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1644
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Should we just move Boucher to the starting unit and let him learn through mistakes? he seems worth investing in. Not like we have huge aspirations for this season. Id like to see guys like Boucher, Davis, Flynn really develop this year. I know Boucher is not young but he looks like he can break out if we give him some leash.
    Should have been in starting 5 all along but Baynes keeps gettin the nod for reasons I cannot possibly understand. Flynn should be given more minutes PERIOD. Same goes for Davis. The answer is pretty simple especially if you want this team to remotely go anywhere and that is trading Lowry and building this team around Fred VanVleet. If anythin VanVleet is more of a #1 option than Siakam is at this point.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,535
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Should we just move Boucher to the starting unit and let him learn through mistakes? he seems worth investing in. Not like we have huge aspirations for this season. Id like to see guys like Boucher, Davis, Flynn really develop this year. I know Boucher is not young but he looks like he can break out if we give him some leash.
    Len was brutal defensively last night during the early Sacramento run. Baynes has been bad all year. We need them in some matchups, but I'd be fine with Boucher getting starts.

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Len was brutal defensively last night during the early Sacramento run. Baynes has been bad all year. We need them in some matchups, but I'd be fine with Boucher getting starts.
    Well Boucher can get after it...blocking machine

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,926
    Davis may have made a couple bad defensive plays early, but he was part of the group that turned the game around in the first half. I really hope this help get him more minutes when Lowry returns. The problem is he plays the same role as Powell when they are at full strength and there aren't a lot of minutes to go around with FVV, Lowry, OG and Siakam playing as much as they do.

    Off the bench though I like Davis more than Powell. Powell plays his best with the starters because with them he doesn't have to do a lot of creating, he can just let the game come to him.

    Even last year Powell normally played with one of Kyle/Fred, Davis and Ibaka. He wasn't asked to come in and create a bunch of shots. He is a solid floor spacer that can get hot from deep if you leave him open and also has a good first step to the rim on the catch if they run at him. He's not a combo guard that handles the rock and creates off the dribble like Davis.(...Fred and Lowry).

    Thats why they can play small because Norm is really an undersized 3 and D wing like OG. He's a great role player in a starting 5 with some shot creators.

    I know they just paid OG, but I really think they would play better if they just go small with Powell and Boucher with our big 3:


    FVV/Flynn
    Lowry/Davis
    Powell/Watson
    Siakam/OG
    Boucher/Watanabe

    Baynes sat the entire game ( thank god) and Len didnt play either after they got torched in the first 5 minutes of the game. Once they went small they looked much better on both ends.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,035
    Masai's filler FA signings usually don't pan out.

    Johnson, Len, Baynes, Monroe, Sullinger, Lin etc

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well Boucher can get after it...blocking machine

    Not to mention the 23 points (on 9 for 12 shooting) and 10 boards he hauled in to go with his 3 blocks in under 30 min.

    Ive been saying it since before the season started... The kid has the tools to be a solid PF or small ball C on both ends of the floor with that freakish length and ability to move his feet and get off the floor.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Davis may have made a couple bad defensive plays early, but he was part of the group that turned the game around in the first half. I really hope this help get him more minutes when Lowry returns. The problem is he plays the same role as Powell when they are at full strength and there aren't a lot of minutes to go around with FVV, Lowry, OG and Siakam playing as much as they do.

    Off the bench though I like Davis more than Powell. Powell plays his best with the starters because with them he doesn't have to do a lot of creating, he can just let the game come to him.

    Even last year Powell normally played with one of Kyle/Fred, Davis and Ibaka. He wasn't asked to come in and create a bunch of shots. He is a solid floor spacer that can get hot from deep if you leave him open and also has a good first step to the rim on the catch if they run at him. He's not a combo guard that handles the rock and creates off the dribble like Davis.(...Fred and Lowry).

    Thats why they can play small because Norm is really an undersized 3 and D wing like OG. He's a great role player in a starting 5 with some shot creators.

    I know they just paid OG, but I really think they would play better if they just go small with Powell and Boucher with our big 3:


    FVV/Flynn
    Lowry/Davis
    Powell/Watson
    Siakam/OG
    Boucher/Watanabe

    Baynes sat the entire game ( thank god) and Len didnt play either after they got torched in the first 5 minutes of the game. Once they went small they looked much better on both ends.
    Which is what y'all should be doin

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Not to mention the 23 points (on 9 for 12 shooting) and 10 boards he hauled in to go with his 3 blocks in under 30 min.

    Ive been saying it since before the season started... The kid has the tools to be a solid PF or small ball C on both ends of the floor with that freakish length and ability to move his feet and get off the floor.
    Yeah he looked great both offensively and defensively but come tomorrow against the Warriors...matchup wise can he lock up Wiseman who has been playin great?

    Or can Fred lock up Steph who has been goin off with MVP performances

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,757
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I hope they start Norm alongside FVV and let Flynn run the point off the bench. Give him a solid 25 mins tonight.
    They pretty much did this. Flynn only got 17 minutes but looked really good.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,757
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yes that was a much needed W, especially with Lowry out.

    was good to see Flynn & Davis get some good pt and they delivered. Davis did make a couple of bone head moves, and I kinda saw what Nurse was talking about but he ended up finishing the game strong. Hope to see more from those two, and I like that were utilzing Boucher more. He can carve out a nice role for himself on this team. The opportunity is there for him.
    Yeah loved the effort last night. Fred is also looking really good thus far. Finishing around the rim a lot better as well. I think Boucher will be starting next game and it seems like the Raptors will try to go small as possible. They have had their best defensive stretches with their smaller lineups.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah he looked great both offensively and defensively but come tomorrow against the Warriors...matchup wise can he lock up Wiseman who has been playin great?

    Or can Fred lock up Steph who has been goin off with MVP performances
    Lets be honest, Baynes and Len can't lock up Wiseman.......and nobody can "lock up" Steph Curry. I think they will keep him under 60 though..lol and that they can beat this Warriors team.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    26,211
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think this was inevitable with no Lowry...but its nice to see Flynn finally start looking like he belongs. Him and Davis have both been great tonight along with FVV, Siakam, Boucher and Powell.

    Watanabe could even play some small ball 5 with his length and quick feet.
    I like how Flynn got better as the game went on. He just needs to get comfortable and he should have a spot in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

    Watanabe is pretty awesome at staying in front of guys. The problem with him is that he brings next to nothing on offence. If he could develop a somewhat reliable 3pt shot then he could see time on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,940
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Lets be honest, Baynes and Len can't lock up Wiseman.......and nobody can "lock up" Steph Curry. I think they will keep him under 60 though..lol and that they can beat this Warriors team.
    Yeah unless you start Boucher and Powell...you go with what works and have Watanabe there

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,926
    Nurse will find a combo that works. He isn't afraid to try new things. He has already benched Baynes and Thomas for their poor D. He's already called out several players publicly (...including a rookie he had only let play a few minutes at that point in the season... ) for not doing much.

    With a proper training camp and pre season they may have sorted out this new rosters best rotation sooner, but people have to realize they have been mixing in multiple new pieces like Baynes, Len, Bembry and Flynn that don't know the system, along with Boucher, Johnson and Watson that haven't played much with our core guys yet.

    In the end I think the slow start simply comes down to their 2 defensive anchors being gone and the Baynes/Len experiment failing miserably. There's a reason why neither was given anything more than 1 guaranteed year on their contracts though.

    They should have just paid Ibaka instead if trying to be cheeky and have their cake and eat it too by getting them to sign 1yr deals to hold out for Giannis.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I like how Flynn got better as the game went on. He just needs to get comfortable and he should have a spot in the rotation for the foreseeable future.

    Watanabe is pretty awesome at staying in front of guys. The problem with him is that he brings next to nothing on offence. If he could develop a somewhat reliable 3pt shot then he could see time on this team.
    His 3pt stroke is actually pretty decent, and he shot it reliably enough in the G League last season at over 36%. I love his hustle , quick feet and length. He's another "big" that can switch on to a wing and hold his own, and he's not afraid to take his shot when he's open.

Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •