Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 1644
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,788
    Lowry is out tonight for personal reasons.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    61,132
    Want to see how they do without him. Could be something we may see next year.

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,788
    I'd imagine we see more of Flynn and Davis should get some opportunity. Could even see Thomas getting in.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    26,344
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I'd imagine we see more of Flynn and Davis should get some opportunity. Could even see Thomas getting in.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    I hope they start Norm alongside FVV and let Flynn run the point off the bench. Give him a solid 25 mins tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    95
    Yah I always felt the same way. Freds a sg in pg body. some of the better guards in the league now a days with some height are able to see the court better and get passes over the defence. He also doesnt necessarily make any one else better around him like lowry does.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think they need another ball handler. FVV plays at his best when there is someone else handling the playmaking duties, whether it was Delon, Marc, Lowry etc. He simply isn't good at leading or setting up plays. This team just looks lost whenever Lowry isn't playing. I think a lot of people took for granted Gasol's playmaking abilities and how he maneuvered and stabilized guys when Lowry wasn't around. Flynn looks really promising for that role but we haven't really worked him in for some reason.

    But some of our other problems won't be fixed in the interim. They're simply growing pains from internal development. For far too long we've taken for granted veteran experience and leadership. Filling that vacuum are extremely raw, inexperienced prospects who wouldn't have gotten a lick of minutes a couple months ago.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,154
    lol boucher is so bad he's good

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    26,344
    I’ve thought it was the 4th q for the last 5 mins. The score is insane.

  8. #278
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    95
    lol boucher finishes strong for a slight guy. Good hands too. This is fun. But again under the radar watanabe looks really good. He moves his feet on defence, good size, nice looking stroke

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,154
    Boucher makes a lot of mistakes but idk how much longer Nurse can continue to deny Boucher's greatness. I'm being facetious but Len and Baynes have been trash.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,936
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I hope they start Norm alongside FVV and let Flynn run the point off the bench. Give him a solid 25 mins tonight.
    I think this was inevitable with no Lowry...but its nice to see Flynn finally start looking like he belongs. Him and Davis have both been great tonight along with FVV, Siakam, Boucher and Powell.

    Watanabe could even play some small ball 5 with his length and quick feet.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,788
    Norm seems to play so much better as a starter.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,788
    It feels good to see the Raptors get a W.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. 01-09-2021, 10:59 AM
    Reason
    Troll

  14. #283
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,870
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It feels good to see the Raptors get a W.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Yes that was a much needed W, especially with Lowry out.

    was good to see Flynn & Davis get some good pt and they delivered. Davis did make a couple of bone head moves, and I kinda saw what Nurse was talking about but he ended up finishing the game strong. Hope to see more from those two, and I like that were utilzing Boucher more. He can carve out a nice role for himself on this team. The opportunity is there for him.

  15. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think they need another ball handler. FVV plays at his best when there is someone else handling the playmaking duties, whether it was Delon, Marc, Lowry etc. He simply isn't good at leading or setting up plays. This team just looks lost whenever Lowry isn't playing. I think a lot of people took for granted Gasol's playmaking abilities and how he maneuvered and stabilized guys when Lowry wasn't around. Flynn looks really promising for that role but we haven't really worked him in for some reason.

    But some of our other problems won't be fixed in the interim. They're simply growing pains from internal development. For far too long we've taken for granted veteran experience and leadership. Filling that vacuum are extremely raw, inexperienced prospects who wouldn't have gotten a lick of minutes a couple months ago.
    I was thinking this exact same thing about FVV.. Maybe that is the next step in his development.

    He has been balling though, he's averaging a cool 22 5&5 and just lighting dudes up on my fantasy teams lol

  16. #285
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,870
    Should we just move Boucher to the starting unit and let him learn through mistakes? he seems worth investing in. Not like we have huge aspirations for this season. Id like to see guys like Boucher, Davis, Flynn really develop this year. I know Boucher is not young but he looks like he can break out if we give him some leash.

Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •