Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We didn't have to wait long for an answer. Looks like Serge was upset that he wasn't prioritised in free agency. He didn't like the idea of coming off the bench for Gasol again and he also didn't like the idea of taking less money so the raptors can also bring Gasol back, and he was def not going to sign up for coming off the bench again. https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-rum...e-ibaka-split/

I cant say that I blame him. Gasol is what he is at this point and Ibaka just had his best season. He also did every thing we asked of him during his tenure here. We had him come off the bench and he took on that role without disrupting the locker room even though we clearly know now that he didn't want to be in that role. We asked him to clean up his act, and he certainly did that and stopped fighting and losing his temper. He played perfectly within our system. It kinda sucks that this is what it came down to for him to take less money and join the Clippers.

Its funny that we prioritized Gasol and he left for the Lakers anyways... Ah well, at least we know what happened there...
    I love Masai but the more I think about it the more it seems like a big mistake to me.

1. Masai and Bobby didnít know that Serge didnít want to come off the bench any more ?
    2. Did they not realize that if Serge didnít want to come off the bench for Gasol that he wasnít willing to take a pay cut for him either?
    3. If you lose out on Serge because of Gasol, how in the **** do you also lose out on Gasol then?
    4. In the article it says Serge knew that Masai didnít want to give him a second year on the contract in hopes to land Giannis, and Serge was ok with that. Did we really let him walk because of two million dollars? And because that two mill was suppose to be used to sign Gasol which also didnít happen?

Something seems off here. This is why Iím nervous about Masai leaving. Masai and Bobby are among the best at what they do, I honestly donít believe this was some sort of stupid mistake. I think Masai is really leaving and gonna leave Bobby a bunch of cap flexibility and picks to work with. Other wise none of this stuff adds up.

Chicago Bulls Receive: G Norman Powell, G Matt Thomas, TOR 2021 1st Round Pick, TOR 2024 1st Round Pick (Top-10 Protected), TOR 2025 2nd Round Pick, TOR 2026 2nd Round Pick

Toronto Raptors Receive: G Zach LaVine, CHI 2021 2nd Round Pick

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/01/...zach-lavine/2/

Just saw this and honestly could I see the Chicago Bulls doing it? I could especially if they get a whole slew of draft picks like OKC...yeah the Raptors essentially would be giving up a lot but they get another All Star to pair up with Lowry, Siakam and VanVleet

Raptors wouldn't have to give up any of their core guys

I love Masai but the more I think about it the more it seems like a big mistake to me.

1. Masai and Bobby didnít know that Serge didnít want to come off the bench any more ?
    2. Did they not realize that if Serge didnít want to come off the bench for Gasol that he wasnít willing to take a pay cut for him either?
    3. If you lose out on Serge because of Gasol, how in the **** do you also lose out on Gasol then?
    4. In the article it says Serge knew that Masai didnít want to give him a second year on the contract in hopes to land Giannis, and Serge was ok with that. Did we really let him walk because of two million dollars? And because that two mill was suppose to be used to sign Gasol which also didnít happen?

Something seems off here. This is why Iím nervous about Masai leaving. Masai and Bobby are among the best at what they do, I honestly donít believe this was some sort of stupid mistake. I think Masai is really leaving and gonna leave Bobby a bunch of cap flexibility and picks to work with. Other wise none of this stuff adds up.
    There is definitely a chance he leaves. They've been very quiet re: his contract extension.

I think if there is an opportunity that allows him to rub elbows with the political elite, he will be gone. I think he is waiting for that opportunity. If that doesn't happen he'll stay in Toronto.

The man goes to a lot of political events during the season. Not saying he is slacking off but that is just where his heart (and mind) is. One of my friends is a local artist from Nigeria and he had a small showing for friends and family. Masai randomly showed up incognito to lend support because they came from the same village (friend doesn't know Masai or even watch bball). That's the kind of person Masai is.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-07-2021 at 07:39 PM.

It is weird that he left over couple of millions. I think there may be more to the story. Serge also liked LA and Kawahi played a part too. At this point, we have to move on. As for MU, I have a feeling he is going to break our hearts. I am very nervous about this situation. I hope he makes a decision soon as we may miss out on other opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    It is weird that he left over couple of millions. I think there may be more to the story. Serge also liked LA and Kawahi played a part too. At this point, we have to move on. As for MU, I have a feeling he is going to break our hearts. I am very nervous about this situation. I hope he makes a decision soon as we may miss out on other opportunities.
    You and me both. If this drags out all season thereís def a reason for it. Whatever that may be. Losing Serge hurts but not worth losing sleep over. Losing Masai, to me would be bigger than losing Kawhi. Or as big.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    There is definitely a chance he leaves. They've been very quiet re: his contract extension.
    Maybe Iím reading to much in to it. Donít mean to harp on it either, but losing Masai would be a pretty big deal IMO.

I like Bobby but man it would suck to lose Masai.

I feel like if Masai left he wouldnt go to another team thoigh. At leadt not right away. Maybe he takes on a position with the NBA itself.

Maybe Iím reading to much in to it. Donít mean to harp on it either, but losing Masai would be a pretty big deal IMO.
    You maybe reading into recent specifics out of fear of him leaving. But in general, I think most people would agree that President of Basketball Operations for the Raps wonít be the last job in his career. The question is probably ďwhen,Ē not ďif.Ē With no contract beyond this season and the team being very quiet about it, it is totally fair to speculate.

And it will certainly be a huge loss if/when he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Chicago Bulls Receive: G Norman Powell, G Matt Thomas, TOR 2021 1st Round Pick, TOR 2024 1st Round Pick (Top-10 Protected), TOR 2025 2nd Round Pick, TOR 2026 2nd Round Pick

Toronto Raptors Receive: G Zach LaVine, CHI 2021 2nd Round Pick

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/01/...zach-lavine/2/

Just saw this and honestly could I see the Chicago Bulls doing it? I could especially if they get a whole slew of draft picks like OKC...yeah the Raptors essentially would be giving up a lot but they get another All Star to pair up with Lowry, Siakam and VanVleet

Raptors wouldn't have to give up any of their core guys
    I feel like we already have two elite guards in Lowry and VanVleet that occupy too much of the game clock to do a trade that ultimately gives us a third elite guard. I'm sure they would stagger minutes and such, but it doesn't really solve the underlying construction problems of this team.

Conspiracy Theory time!

Masai has been planning to deal Lowry at the TDL since the off-season hence why he drafted another undersized guard. Lowry gets dealt at the deadline, Flynn starts alongside FVV and gets developmental time while the team tanks. Lowry re-signs in the off-season while Flynn moves back to the bench until Lowry and him eventually switch spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I think they need another ball handler. FVV plays at his best when there is someone else handling the playmaking duties, whether it was Delon, Marc, Lowry etc. He simply isn't good at leading or setting up plays. This team just looks lost whenever Lowry isn't playing. I think a lot of people took for granted Gasol's playmaking abilities and how he maneuvered and stabilized guys when Lowry wasn't around. Flynn looks really promising for that role but we haven't really worked him in for some reason.

But some of our other problems won't be fixed in the interim. They're simply growing pains from internal development. For far too long we've taken for granted veteran experience and leadership. Filling that vacuum are extremely raw, inexperienced prospects who wouldn't have gotten a lick of minutes a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Conspiracy Theory time!

Masai has been planning to deal Lowry at the TDL since the off-season hence why he drafted another undersized guard. Lowry gets dealt at the deadline, Flynn starts alongside FVV and gets developmental time while the team tanks. Lowry re-signs in the off-season while Flynn moves back to the bench until Lowry and him eventually switch spots.
    People were speculating Flynn wasn't playing because they were holding out for a trade. So much for that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    People were speculating Flynn wasn't playing because they were holding out for a trade. So much for that theory.
    Yeah I saw that one.

As much as I'd hate to see it, I'm starting to want a Lowry trade to happen more and more. The recent news of Collins being pissed off in ATL should be music to Masai's ears. A Lowry/Collins + filler swap could benefit both teams. If the Hawks know Collins is gone then we could give them Lowry so Trae can play off ball and become even more deadly. Lowry comes back in the off-season while Masai pays Collins.

Collins/Len
    Siakam/Boucher
    OG/???
    FVV/???(Norm)
    Lowry/Flynn

The starting 5 would be solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think they need another ball handler. FVV plays at his best when there is someone else handling the playmaking duties, whether it was Delon, Marc, Lowry etc. He simply isn't good at leading or setting up plays. This team just looks lost whenever Lowry isn't playing. I think a lot of people took for granted Gasol's playmaking abilities and how he maneuvered and stabilized guys when Lowry wasn't around. Flynn looks really promising for that role but we haven't really worked him in for some reason.

But some of our other problems won't be fixed in the interim. They're simply growing pains from internal development. For far too long we've taken for granted veteran experience and leadership. Filling that vacuum are extremely raw, inexperienced prospects who wouldn't have gotten a lick of minutes a couple months ago.
    Yeah this team needs a primary ball handler that can create his own shot. Right now we have FVV playing that role. Heís doing his best, but physically he isnít built for that. Lowry isnít that guy, siakam isnít that guy, we know OG will never be that guy. Powell was just teasing us last season.

Thatís why I think harden would fit like a glove and turn things around here. Assuming that doesnít happen then I donít think we have any candidates currently on the roster. Flynn will have the same trouble FVV has, and TD hasnít been being groomed that way - heís most slasher than creator.

Any one of the top 5 picks in this upcoming draft could be that guy though. Hoping for more satisfying losses like the last one.

Page 18 of 110 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast