Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Easily. Siakams defence is back to what it was. He was helping rotating and still getting back to his man. What really surprised me was Watanabe. For his size he actually quick! He runs back on defence hard!!! And when getting beat instead of staying on the oppositions hip he gets back infront like flynn! I hope with the starting unit clicking now we can sort out the bench and our center position. Maybe we go out and get bagley.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Most satisfying loss of the season so far?

Hope siakam plays like this next game too.

So I guess Davis and Thomas are in the dog house? two players I was really hoping would be a big part of the roation? but Baynes gets to start just because hes the new girl?

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    Easily. Siakams defence is back to what it was. He was helping rotating and still getting back to his man. What really surprised me was Watanabe. For his size he actually quick! He runs back on defence hard!!! And when getting beat instead of staying on the oppositions hip he gets back infront like flynn! I hope with the starting unit clicking now we can sort out the bench and our center position. Maybe we go out and get bagley.
    I heard Matt say that too... but he was simply giving us something positive that you can take with a grain of salt. Another L doesn't indicate that anything is clicking. This teams in trouble, if it keeps going this way I wouldnt be suprised if Masai blew it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    So I guess Davis and Thomas are in the dog house? two players I was really hoping would be a big part of the roation? but Baynes gets to start just because hes the new girl?
    I am not understanding the TD/Thomas situation at all. They both bring things we need right now. Especially TD. We need someone who can get to the basket and finish with authority. I thought he brought exactly that in his few minutes.

lowry and freds been as advertised. 2 games in a row now visually siakam looks better. Og is the only one really needs to get more consistent so its headed in the right direction. This game atleast felt like it didnt really get away from us too quick. At times it felt like it would but we were always there even after giving up those offensive rebounds. Are we there yet? no but you insert any one else but baynes or len at center yesterday and any sliver of performance from that spot and we woulda won that game and been in a few others but thats just speculation on my part.

I heard Matt say that too... but he was simply giving us something positive that you can take with a grain of salt. Another L doesn't indicate that anything is clicking. This teams in trouble, if it keeps going this way I wouldnt be suprised if Masai blew it all up.

Yah man.. bit of a head scratcher. Flynns getting some run but doesnt seem to be making that much of an impact. In a game where it was close and bench gave us nothing, woulda been nice to see those two out there give any bit of spark.

Nurse called both of them out. He hasn't been happy with their defense.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    lowry and freds been as advertised. 2 games in a row now visually siakam looks better. Og is the only one really needs to get more consistent so its headed in the right direction. This game atleast felt like it didnt really get away from us too quick. At times it felt like it would but we were always there even after giving up those offensive rebounds. Are we there yet? no but you insert any one else but baynes or len at center yesterday and any sliver of performance from that spot and we woulda won that game and been in a few others but thats just speculation on my part.
    Im with you bro, I hope were able to turn things around sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I am not understanding the TD/Thomas situation at all. They both bring things we need right now. Especially TD. We need someone who can get to the basket and finish with authority. I thought he brought exactly that in his few minutes.
    And Thomas looked like he was in great shaping coming back from the off season. Can never have enough snipers. Davis did some stupid ****, and we can leave it up to the justice system to deal with him, how they see fit. But if the team isnt going to punish him, then he should still be a top prospect on this team. I get it if were punishing him, but I dont think thats the case if Nurse is calling him out for defence.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Nurse called both of them out. He hasn't been happy with their defense.

Weird because Thomas has only played 3 games. Davis has played a total of 41 minutes in 4 games out of 7. Maybe they've been playing bad defence in practice? because that is a really small sample size.

Nurse needs to be developing our top prospects Davis/Flynn. Our defence isn't the problem, its very clearly the offense that needs to get its **** together. Especially with our 2nd unit, and Davis was a big part of that last season.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-07-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Serge didnt leave until the day of didnt he?

He wanted to stay, they didnt give him the 2nd year and then he went to LAC that night didnt he?

In terms of replacement, Baynes was pretty good coming in. He just isnt playing well right now. We probably could have gotten someone better than Len though.
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don’t know what caused him to leave but yeah, he waited a long time to make up his mind. Granted Masai was probably working on locking Fred and OG first.

I didn’t realize how slow Baynes is to react to everything on defence until he got here. I hope they don’t pick up the option for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah but that’s what I was getting at. There was no hint of Serge leaving. Even some players said they never expected it. The money that went to Baynes was probably being kept for Serge.

Masai has been passive for his entire tenure minus 1 year. He is the king of patience.
    We didn't have to wait long for an answer. Looks like Serge was upset that he wasn't prioritised in free agency. He didn't like the idea of coming off the bench for Gasol again and he also didn't like the idea of taking less money so the raptors can also bring Gasol back, and he was def not going to sign up for coming off the bench again. https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-rum...e-ibaka-split/

I cant say that I blame him. Gasol is what he is at this point and Ibaka just had his best season. He also did every thing we asked of him during his tenure here. We had him come off the bench and he took on that role without disrupting the locker room even though we clearly know now that he didn't want to be in that role. We asked him to clean up his act, and he certainly did that and stopped fighting and losing his temper. He played perfectly within our system. It kinda sucks that this is what it came down to for him to take less money and join the Clippers.

Its funny that we prioritized Gasol and he left for the Lakers anyways... Ah well, at least we know what happened there...

Weird because Thomas has only played 3 games. Davis has played a total of 41 minutes in 4 games out of 7. Maybe they've been playing bad defence in practice? because that is a really small sample size and the teams defence is still pretty good. Its the offence that is in shambles. I heard on the radio our defensive rating is still top 5 in the league, and our offense is near the bottom of it currently.
    Yeah I thought that too when he mentioned their names. They haven't play a whole lot. I'm guessing they haven't looked good in practice and perhaps got caught making some mistakes in the games they did play.

The offense is definitely underperforming but the defense isnt anywhere near where they need it to be either. They are ranked 19th right now on that end.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Yeah I thought that too when he mentioned their names. They haven't play a whole lot. I'm guessing they haven't looked good in practice and perhaps got caught making some mistakes in the games they did play.

The offense is definitely underperforming but the defense isnt anywhere near where they need it to be either. They are ranked 19th right now on that end.

Yeah I just looked it up, youre right. They suck on both ends. But limiting Thomas & Davis who barely play, hardly seems like the answer. Our bench is ultra thin this year, Davis was a big part of the 2nd unit last year. So If hes not in the rotation who gets his spot? I just don't get this team anymore. We have no front court, no bench.. I guess we were just gonna role out with FVV/Lowry/OG/Siakam with a couple of stop gap C's and a rookie who may or may not be in the rotation. lol colour me puzzled man. Im almost glad this version of the team is in Tampa.

Here's what Id like to see happen. Masai sings his extension, then gets to making some trades to retool, so that by the time the Raptors come back to Toronto, they are competitive again. Right now its tough to watch 2 quarters of a raptors game. Really tough.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-07-2021 at 03:12 PM.

I'd definitely like to see Masai and Bobby find a way to improve the front court.

I'd definitely like to see Masai and Bobby find a way to improve the front court.

priority list numero uno.

Page 17 of 110 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast