Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    this team reminds me of the '9-'10 raps. not terrible but not good either. have some games where one or two players pop off and upset some teams but not good enough to consistently win games with confidence. just not a great mix of talent and our offseason signings weren't enough to bridge the gap.it would be pretty disappointing if Masai just stands pat. He either needs to make a move or he needs to tank.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-04-2021 at 11:07 PM.

I remember that year... Got a whole lot done around the house. Today I actually had a chance to cook my weeks meal prep after the second quarter. I am thinking it will be a productive season for me haha

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    this team reminds me of the '9-'10 raps. not terrible but not good either.

Baynes has been pretty awful shooting and finishing this year. Len's hands aren't great either. Powell continues to look like a different player.

FVV continues to be awesome... Lowry continues to be Lowry. But far too few players are contributing to win very often in this league.

Last year, we were an elite defensive and fastbreak team. We lost 2 keys to that defense. Fastbreaks rely on strong defense. We were an average halfcourt offense that got worse. Combine these things with the fact that other teams got better in the East, and I don't see the optimism that this will turn around very quickly.

We are 1-5 (tied for worst record in the NBA) and only played 2 games against opponents that made the playoffs last year.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-04-2021 at 11:10 PM.

They arenít playing a home game all season. There are more Boston fans than Toronto fans in the stands right now.

As long as Masai gets locked up I feel confident we will see a quick turn around next season. Home games will be more energetic than ever for the fans and the players after a year of losing and being away. That top 5 pick is looking delicious and will help ignite the fan base. Iíd start looking to move some pieces like Lowry, Powell and baynes. let boucher or Len start depending on the matchup. Let the young guys get the minutes at guard including Flynn, TD, and Thomas with FVV.
    30 minutes each to siakam and OG, but the rest of forward minutes should go to less proven guys so they can establish themselves.
    What happened to Paul Watson?

Either that, or you add harden to siakam/OG/FVV/Boucher.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    this team reminds me of the '9-'10 raps. not terrible but not good either. have some games where one or two players pop off and upset some teams but not good enough to consistently win games with confidence. just not a great mix of talent and our offseason signings weren't enough to bridge the gap.it would be pretty disappointing if Masai just stands pat. He either needs to make a move or he needs to tank.
    Powell is sonny weems.

Fastbreaks also require rebounds. Man do we leak thin, we were already pretty average to begin with last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Baynes has been pretty awful shooting and finishing this year. Len's hands aren't great either. Powell continues to look like a different player.

FVV continues to be awesome... Lowry continues to be Lowry. But far too few players are contributing to win very often in this league.

Last year, we were an elite defensive and fastbreak team. We lost 2 keys to that defense. Fastbreaks rely on strong defense. We were an average halfcourt offense that got worse. Combine these things with the fact that other teams got better in the East, and I don't see the optimism that this will turn around very quickly.

We are 1-5 (tied for worst record in the NBA) and only played 2 games against opponents that made the playoffs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    They arenít playing a home game all season. There are more Boston fans than Toronto fans in the stands right now.

As long as Masai gets locked up I feel confident we will see a quick turn around next season. Home games will be more energetic than ever for the fans and the players after a year of losing and being away. That top 5 pick is looking delicious and will help ignite the fan base. Iíd start looking to move some pieces like Lowry, Powell and baynes. let boucher or Len start depending on the matchup. Let the young guys get the minutes at guard including Flynn, TD, and Thomas with FVV.
    30 minutes each to siakam and OG, but the rest of forward minutes should go to less proven guys so they can establish themselves.
    What happened to Paul Watson?

Either that, or you add harden to siakam/OG/FVV/Boucher.
    doubt home court actually matters that much to actually influence a win. they're just bad.

Masai's contract is not getting enough attention.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don't share your confidence. The team has gotten noticeably worse. It lost two important leaders. Other teams have gotten better. I could see a situation where we get into the 7-8 seed and stare down a first round exit perhaps. But is that worth NOT trading "some players away?"

Draft overall has lots of potential. Top 5 (Cunnigham, Suggs, Green, Mobley, Kuminga) has guys that would project better than any of the Top 3 that were picked this year. Lots of talent beyond that too. I think trading for more picks would be wise. We've traded a few to bring in guys like Ibaka, Gasol, Kawhi. The internal talent stream doesn't seem so bad as we've found undrafted guys, but we need more base talent to develop.
    I think we are on the same page here. What I meant was we shouldn't be caught in the no mans land of finishing 7-8 or just outside of playoffs. I would love for MU to have a shot at drafting a top 5 pick. I have been advocating for trading Lowry, Powell etc. We certainly need more talent and in a what looks like a strong draft year, more picks would help.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post

This worries me. I hope MU makes a decision soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post

Didnít he say he wasnít going to negotiate during the season? I think his moves at the deadline will be telling. If he tanks or sells off an expiring or two (Norm) then I think he stays. If he makes a big win now move then I think heís on the way out. God I hope he stays. I assume Bobby Webster is next in line but Iím not ready for a Masai-less Raptors.

Losing Gasol and Ibaka hurts so much more than I thought it would.

Bring on the tank commander.

Only thing that makes sense is that y'all are choosing to tank on purpose cuz of the 2021 Draft. It is the only thing that makes sense to me cuz y'all see how deep this upcoming Draft is and really this team are losing games that a year ago, you guys would have been winning easily

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Bring on the tank commander.
    If we keep losing games at this pace, I'll have to start a "2021 NBA Draft Prospect of the Week" thread to link scouting reports, etc of all the likely candidates.

Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast