Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    I dont think norms a poor defender, I just think thats just the team as a whole seem to be playing this year. I mean look at siakam, he isnt a poor defender and yet guys are blowing by him this season. I think these guys came into the season with too much hype (shots to go around) that they have completely lost focus on defence. But yah I would prefer norm as the 2 if fred can be moved to the bench

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Powell has enough trouble guarding the 2. He'd get eaten alive guarding the 3. That lineup would get bullied on the boards.

Man I am with you on that and in particular that 24 second clock after the scramble was puzzling

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Refs strike again! God that game was atrocious from the refs. They screwed them multiple times, but my favorites were

1-the phantom 6th foul on Siakam where he literally just jumped around Hart on the baseline with 0 contact, ..

2- the magical new 24 second shot clock the pelicans got around 3 minutes left. The ball is heading out of bounds and with 4 seconds left when Norm tries to save it. The ball goes to the pelicans and the shot clock doesnt just reset to 14, they say we had possession somehow during the scramble and give them a full 24 seconds.

3- sealing the win for the pelicans by refusing to call a foul for 5 seconds with 8 seconds left down by 2.

4- the pelicans took 15 fta in the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Including that horse shyte intentional against Lowry.

5- the tech against Lowry for a ball slap and then not giving one to Ingram for slamming the ball back to him after he missed.

This was another game where it truly felt the Raptors were playing 5 on 8 to me. Just pure garbage from an NBA team of officials...pure effing garbage!!!!! *%*%

I expect the raptors to beat the Celtics tonight. Revenge!

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I expect the raptors to beat the Celtics tonight. Revenge!
    I am also expecting the same. Celtics are struggling too.

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    I dont think norms a poor defender, I just think thats just the team as a whole seem to be playing this year. I mean look at siakam, he isnt a poor defender and yet guys are blowing by him this season. I think these guys came into the season with too much hype (shots to go around) that they have completely lost focus on defence. But yah I would prefer norm as the 2 if fred can be moved to the bench
    Iím not getting down on Siakam. Heís always going to be solid on the defensive end. He just has work to do on offence.

Norm has always been a subpar defender. There was a while here when people were saying he could defend the perimeter but I just never saw it. He gets lazy on that end.

Letís not blame the refs guys. That job belongs to Leaf fans.

The Raps had a chance to win despite them, but you can't tell me you watched that game and thought it was officiated well. I dont care how they officiate the game (tight vs loose), I just want it consistent all 4 quarters and both ways. ..and that crew did neither.

My favorite while watching the Pelicans broadcast though was when Freddy caught a long pass headed up court and completely ran somebody over on the catch trying to draw a charge... and the ref swallowed the whistle. The Pelicans announcer (full of sarcasm) was just like "... and I guess there was no contact on that one". I literally laughed out loud. After calling every little touch for 3 and half quarters (especially on Toronto) the game totally changed in the 4th.

I don't understand why Nurse didn't challenge the 6th foul on Siakam though. If he was having a better game I bet he would have. I think he was just as happy getting Boucher back in at the 4 the way he was scoring. Siakam clearly never came any where near Hart. He just missed after adjusting so the ref blew the whistle late.

I know they needed the challenge later on down the stretch, but that play was just another example of the ref cheating for New Orleans again. How on earth Lowry didn't just get that charge live is ridiculous.

The Refs arent the reason they are 1-4 (as there are a few guys who have struggled dearly on), but they dang sure haven't done them any favors so far this season.

I think personally he has done well with guarding the ball, I think he has gotten in trouble at times when trying to over help and then late to get back. But yah he has never been an elite defender but good enough in a teams defensive schemes.

If you look at advanced stats norms been around the 1.4 dws over the past few years with last year being his highest at 2.3 so that tells a bit better picture of his defence. In reference OG was at a 1.6 -1.7 his first couple years. I mean that doesnt tell all but he certainly isnt completely useless on that end lol.

Iím not getting down on Siakam. Heís always going to be solid on the defensive end. He just has work to do on offence.

Norm has always been a subpar defender. There was a while here when people were saying he could defend the perimeter but I just never saw it. He gets lazy on that end.

I donít disagree that it was a poorly officiated game. It absolutely was. I just find it petty to complain about the refs. Crap calls happen for both teams in every game.

Expecting the boys to come out with a better game today!
    Last edited by driftindirt; 01-04-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Lol i duno man us raps fans have had it pretty bad over the years but last bunch didnt matter cause we just won those games anyways

On IG...seen like 3 possible trade packages for Siakam

1- Siakam and Powell to the Houston Rockets for James Harden, PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon

2- Siakam and Anunoby to the Washington Wizards for Bradley Beal and Thomas Bryant

3- Siakam to the Brooklyn Nets to pair up with Durant, Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan; Raptors in exchange get Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince

This is just what I saw in Instagram posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    On IG...seen like 3 possible trade packages for Siakam

1- Siakam and Powell to the Houston Rockets for James Harden, PJ Tucker and Eric Gordon

2- Siakam and Anunoby to the Washington Wizards for Bradley Beal and Thomas Bryant

3- Siakam to the Brooklyn Nets to pair up with Durant, Kyrie and DeAndre Jordan; Raptors in exchange get Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince

This is just what I saw in Instagram posts
    None of those do the trick. The Houston trade is definitely interesting if we can flip Gordon for another forward.

Malachi Flynn is the first man off the bench!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Man I was really excited but sadly he hasn't solved ALL the teams problems =(

Malachi Flynn is the first man off the bench!

Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast