Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1644
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    it's his hip. he's a small guy. he needs to use his body to create space.
    Oh didnt realize he was dealing with a hip issue as well.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Yah I think you hit that point well. What I meant to say is that flynns looking like the better "PG". To me the arrival of birch has masked a lot of this defences problem. The raptors defence looks a lot better when flynns guarding the ball up top and fighting over the screens. ANd the man has been amazing in the fourth quarters. A lot of those wide open threes all year long has been that lapse in the defence on point of attack and then its just a simple kick out to the corners. with watanabe on the wing and flynn on pg duty the defence looks like its on a string. And recently watanbe has been shooting it light out. Has a nice dribble and in between game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    we can chalk up his recent struggles to time missed due to covid protocols, and the hip flexor injury. Hes just getting back in to game shape I believe. Other wise Freddy great all year. I thought he made a strong case to be an all star prior to the break.

What I was touching on is his mental make up. He doesn't approach the game like a floor general or a traditional pg. He is much more like a combo guard with a score first mentality.
    I think Freddy is a sneaky good defender. Honestly I think hes playing hurt right now. He said in the post game interview that he was feeling like **** and that his body sucked, Im guessing that means somethings wrong.

Flynn is showing flashes, and its def encouraging. What's most encouraging is that they can play together because they very well could be the point guards of the future. If Lowry leaves I think FVV does slide over to the 1 while Trent Jr starts at the 2, but with the way Flynn has been playing fans should feel good about him as a back up going forward. Who knows what happens with Lowry.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 04-28-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Oh didnt realize he was dealing with a hip issue as well.

yeah here's his post game interview where he explains that hes feeling like **** and that his body sucks or whatever. He kinda hints at it in a not so subtle way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M95BQdrFPrA

we can chalk up his recent struggles to time missed due to covid protocols, and the hip flexor injury. Hes just getting back in to game shape I believe. Other wise Freddy great all year. I thought he made a strong case to be an all star prior to the break.

What I was touching on is his mental make up. He doesn't approach the game like a floor general or a traditional pg. He is much more like a combo guard with a score first mentality.
    I hear ya but most pgs are like that now. I think Fred gets into trouble when teams are switching and he is forced to create a play out of nothing. He can be really good at it but he will also have games where he is forced into traffic and the pass options are limited.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

yeah here's his post game interview where he explains that hes feeling like **** and that his body sucks or whatever. He kinda hints at it in a not so subtle way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M95BQdrFPrA
    Thanks bro.

Thanks bro.

Im praying that hes ok because I just started my playoffs for fantasy and hes my 2nd best player. lol

I hear ya but most pgs are like that now. I think Fred gets into trouble when teams are switching and he is forced to create a play out of nothing. He can be really good at it but he will also have games where he is forced into traffic and the pass options are limited.

I mean they've always existed. D Rose was sort of in that mold. He was a great player, but not the floor general type. He could get assists and find the open man but his mentality was to shoot first and I just think Freddy is more of that mold than he is a Lowry or a Chris Paul type. Which is fine. Freddy is still such an important piece of what this team does.

I just dont think that he is going to be our new full time starting pg who facilitates and gets the team going, rather he will likely be sharing the pg duties with Flynn while playing sg half the time. Freddy is going to have a huge role if Lowry leaves. Aside from Trent Jr, FVV really is our best option at sg, but he will also be needed at pg so it will be interesting to see what happens this offseason if Lowry does leave.

Fred is a good defender but I feel like he doesn't provide value on offence if he isn't shooting well. Lowry can positively impact the game if he isn't playing well. I also don't like how Nurse keeps pushing these guys when he knows they're not 100%. Flynn should have gotten more burn last night. Also, Flynn is already better than Fred at taking bigs 1v1.
    Last edited by ecart; 04-28-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Im praying that hes ok because I just started my playoffs for fantasy and hes my 2nd best player. lol
    Lol hopefully he will play all week. I'm going to target him in the third round next season. Gets you a lot of steals.

Haven't been able to see the games but looks like OG on a nice roll. Seen somehighlights and looks like be's creating more.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Fred is a good defender but I feel like he doesn't provide value on offence if he isn't shooting well. Lowry can positively impact the game if he isn't playing well. I also don't like how Nurse keeps pushing these guys when he knows they're not 100%. Flynn should have gotten more burn last night. Also, Flynn is already better than Fred at taking bigs 1v1.
    And I think Fred knows he doesn’t have to be the general right now. We need him creating baskets right now. What I hope - is that he knows Lowry isn’t coming back and takes the offseason preparing to be a better leader - rather than just an outlet late in the clock.

Lol hopefully he will play all week. I'm going to target him in the third round next season. Gets you a lot of steals.

And 3s

He was lighting it up consistently until he missed time.

And 3s

He was lighting it up consistently until he missed time.
    Yeah he was playing at a really high level earlier.

Unfortunately he is out tonight.

Yeah he was playing at a really high level earlier.

Unfortunately he is out tonight.

I’m in a tight race I really needed him tonight. But my opponent has Doncic and he’s not playing tonight either. I’ll take that trade off lol

It’s unfortunate raptors aren’t in the bottom 6. They simply didn’t know how to lose to bad teams.