Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    I'm very curious to see tonights starting lineup. Will Len start for Baynes against Adams? Will Powell start for FVV against Ball? (Not that FVV has played bad, just to try and keep Powell going, get some more size on Ball, and keep a fresh PG in the lineup at all times.)

Tg,

I know your trolling, but saying a lineup with Lowry, FVV and OG has no "grit" is just hilarious. Their starting lineup swapped Gasol for Baynes. While he isn't the defender/ player Gasol is, one thing he does normally does play with is "grit".

They are missing "grit" , they are missing talent. Specifically shot making talent. All these missed 3's is not only killing their offense, but its killing their defense too. The good thing is OG and Powell have started slow, but history tells us they are going to get better.

Not only have they not shot it well, but they (along with Siakam) missed an incredible amount of layups in their first few games. This team NEEDS Siakam, Lowry, FVV and Powell all to score consistently if they want to win games. (like an avg of 20 ppg each.) They can't count on Baynes, Boucher or Len to be a consistent scorer like Ibaka was, and despite his new deal OG's main job is on defense. What those 4 guys give them on offense is going to be up and down and should be considered a bonus. So they need to do whatever it takes to get Siakam, Lowry, FVV and Powell the bulk of our shots.

The Raptors are playing really hard. Nick is coaching like crazy and it feels like they just can't catch a break.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Now would be a great time for OG to find his shot. Hopefully that and 1 gets him going.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Splash. Rhythm 3.

I'm really liking how they're bringing Boucher on the double on Ingram anytime he posts Fred up. They also have him automatically switching off Adams onto Ingram every time those 2 run the PnR. Boucher has been defending Ingram really well. Boucher has been playing really good defence all around tonight.

47 fta????

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    eh i don't mind the losses. Masai has had it good for a while, which is why he has been pretty passive all these years (despite originally coming in with a scorched earth approach). This core is pretty *** and I don't believe in it so I don't mind piling up losses if it gets Masai to do something. Then again he can just leave lol.
    Good point. I dont want the team to finish 7-8 and round 1 exit. Trade Lowry and gather assets. A mini reset may be what is needed. The draft looks deep as well.

Rather than go off on y'all for yet another loss...all I'm gonna say or all I will say is that you are what you are this season and Monday it doesn't get any easier when you face Boston

But the answer to the struggles is staring you literally right in your faces: Siakam...and the best thing the Raptors can do is blow things up and trade for James Harden because nothin else seems to be workin for you

I think the Raptors should go after Daniel Theis next year. I don't think the Celtics will re-sign him with Robert Williams waiting for his opportunity and looking very promising when he is playing.

Man I wasn't expecting Baynes to be this damn poor on defence. He can't defend the pnr to save his life. On the flip side was really impressed with the way Boucher held his own in the later stages even against a Steven Adams down low at times. At this point wouldn't mind if they cut siakams leash a little short, heck bring him off the bench.
    Considering norms numbers are far superior with the starters, it makes for a shake-up that could potentially benefit both individuals.

Lowry
    Vanvleet
    Norman Powell
    OG
    Boucher

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    Man I wasn't expecting Baynes to be this damn poor on defence. He can't defend the pnr to save his life. On the flip side was really impressed with the way Boucher held his own in the later stages even against a Steven Adams down low at times. At this point wouldn't mind if they cut siakams leash a little short, heck bring him off the bench.
    Considering norms numbers are far superior with the starters, it makes for a shake-up that could potentially benefit both individuals.

Lowry
    Vanvleet
    Norman Powell
    OG
    Boucher
    Im still hoping FVV moves to the bench. Boucher for sure deserves to start though. Hes done exactly what we hoped he would.

with Fred getting his contract, team should do what's best for both player and team and get a bit more balance in this lineup. I do feel he is better to come off the bench as that 6th man. I really hope with us in this hole and our defence being poor to actual turn to Flynn to get some back up guard minutes and gave Fred play the 2 for longer stretches. Not like we would get a drop off on the defensive end and hopefully that leads to some transition buckets

Im still hoping FVV moves to the bench. Boucher for sure deserves to start though. Hes done exactly what we hoped he would.

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post

Lowry
    Vanvleet
    Norman Powell
    OG
    Boucher
    Powell has enough trouble guarding the 2. He'd get eaten alive guarding the 3. That lineup would get bullied on the boards.

Refs strike again! God that game was atrocious from the refs. They screwed them multiple times, but my favorites were

1-the phantom 6th foul on Siakam where he literally just jumped around Hart on the baseline with 0 contact, ..

2- the magical new 24 second shot clock the pelicans got around 3 minutes left. The ball is heading out of bounds and with 4 seconds left when Norm tries to save it. The ball goes to the pelicans and the shot clock doesnt just reset to 14, they say we had possession somehow during the scramble and give them a full 24 seconds.

3- sealing the win for the pelicans by refusing to call a foul for 5 seconds with 8 seconds left down by 2.

4- the pelicans took 15 fta in the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Including that horse shyte intentional against Lowry.

5- the tech against Lowry for a ball slap and then not giving one to Ingram for slamming the ball back to him after he missed.

This was another game where it truly felt the Raptors were playing 5 on 8 to me. Just pure garbage from an NBA team of officials...pure effing garbage!!!!! *%*%

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Refs strike again! God that game was atrocious from the refs. They screwed them multiple times, but my favorites were

1-the phantom 6th foul on Siakam where he literally just jumped around Hart on the baseline with 0 contact, ..

2- the magical new 24 second shot clock the pelicans got around 3 minutes left. The ball is heading out of bounds and with 4 seconds left when Norm tries to save it. The ball goes to the pelicans and the shot clock doesnt just reset to 14, they say we had possession somehow during the scramble and give them a full 24 seconds.

3- sealing the win for the pelicans by refusing to call a foul for 5 seconds with 8 seconds left down by 2.

4- the pelicans took 15 fta in the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Including that horse shyte intentional against Lowry.

5- the tech against Lowry for a ball slap and then not giving one to Ingram for slamming the ball back to him after he missed.

This was another game where it truly felt the Raptors were playing 5 on 8 to me. Just pure garbage from an NBA team of officials...pure effing garbage!!!!! *%*%
    Ive been actively trying to not blame the refs... but no doubt the officiating has been atrocious all season. The 3 point shooting is why were losing, but the reffing is making the entire game feel like an up hill battle.

Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast