Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 413
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    Im not saying we are better without lowry.. I waited a long time before I splurged last year on an authentic lowry. So over the years I have grown to accept the fact he goes down as one of the best/if not the best raptor of all time. But also the trade of him is exciting. Going back to the rudy gay trade on the surface it looked like we were robbed but the return really changed the dynamic of that team and got some really good balance in the team. If you count on siakam, og, fred and now even boucher to go on that upward trajectory. Heck I would be happy if we got a salmons, vasquez, patterson minus hayes lol + picks type of deal to round things out.

    I could see Masai having a talk with Lowry about his future to see what is more important to him, Retiring as a Raptor, making as much money as possible, or hunting another championship at all cost. If he wants to go hunting for either the most money possible or the path of least resistance to another ring then you trade him right now. Even if they make the playoffs, they aren't a contender this year as currently constructed. ....like not even close. I think if they make it in they will be a bottom 4 team and likely get eliminated in the first round. With no elite scorer to rely on every night and no elite team defense to rely on, they are in treadmill land right now....and if this keeps snowballing much longer they could end up high in the lottery.

    All this starting 5 needs is a legit young athletic shot blocking, rebounding C with a jumper that isn't totally broke to develop along with Pascal, FVV and OG. This is why I wanted someone like Oturu in the draft over Flynn. Especially now that it looks like Davis likely isn't going anywhere. He would have been a perfect fit with this roster. I know he isn't playing much in LA now that they have both Serge and Zubac, but how nice would a 21 year old, 6'10", 240 lb C with bounce fit in with this team? All he did was average 20 and 11 with 2.5 blocks in college last year as a the primary option for Minnesota...while shooting over 56% from the field, over 70% from the FT line and 36.5% from deep on almost 2 attempts per game. Flynn may develop into something, but this core needed someone like Oturu a heck of a lot more than they needed Flynn.

    So, that being said what about the following:

    Lowry, Baynes and McCaw

    for

    Batum, Beverly, Oturu


    Batum is an expiring 29M dollar deal, but he is a solid 6'9, three and D wing who's shooting 43.5% from deep so far this season. Beverly is a solid defensive minded PG who plays hard and would fit right in with this team with his ability to make open 3's, and Oturu gives them a young C with solid size and quickness.

    With FVV looking like an all-star so far this season, they can afford to trade Lowry if he is likely gone at the end of the season for nothing.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,950
    Lowry will want an opportunity to compete for another ship. He might be old, but his game has aged like fine wine, kinda like Lebron. He still has a lot to offer.

    I dont see him coming back on a cheap deal just to retire a raptor. Maybe if he was on a decline and was a shell of his former self. But he looks as good as he ever has and he works really hard to be in the great shape that he is because of his competitive nature, so why would he just give up on himself like that?

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,981
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah we can do a fantasy thread, I think a few guys play here.

    Are you doing Roto or H2H ?

    I would say stay with Randle bro. In my league Randle is currently hovering top 15-20 where as Simmons is like 45-50 range.

    But if youíre in a category league Simmons gives more pts across the board.
    I'm in a h2h 9 cat. It is the defensive stats I'm worried about and I'm not sure if Randle can sustain this level of production. I will stick with him for now. Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lowry will want an opportunity to compete for another ship. He might be old, but his game has aged like fine wine, kinda like Lebron. He still has a lot to offer.

    I dont see him coming back on a cheap deal just to retire a raptor. Maybe if he was on a decline and was a shell of his former self. But he looks as good as he ever has and he works really hard to be in the great shape that he is because of his competitive nature, so why would he just give up on himself like that?
    Yeah, I know he is gonna wanna win, but he could compete in Toronto if he doesn't take up all the available money too. The Raps can offer him a solid deal, but likely not the most money possible if he hits the open market in a thinning FA class and a bunch of teams primed to make big splashes this off season. They can offer him a competitive team every year, but they can't guarantee him he will play with another top 5 player in the next 2-3 years to have a team that can compete with Lebron and AD. So, they need to know what really means the most to him. Joining a "superteam" that is already constructed and ready to go right now, trying to win a second title in Toronto and retiring a Raptor, or just getting someone to pay him long term. He took a 1 year extension last time that was for both him and the team, but I think that was hoping he'd play with Giannis next year. If he doesn't really want to play in Toronto, he really won't have a reason to this off season. So if he isn't committed, as much as I love him as a player he needs to be traded for as much as they can get for him before they get nothing.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,300
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Actually, I have been the one making a biggest case for Boucher to play since way before the season started...like constantly...lol I didn't just make one random prediction, I have given many reasons as to why I felt this was going to happen if they just let the guy play. Go back if you need to, this thread and the offseason thread are littered with them

    (NOTE: Not saying you didn't say something a long time ago too, but he was 100% correct when he named me the guy that has been calling this "breakout" from Boucher. )
    Didnít expect to see this kind of post from you barton. I didnít just make a prediction, Iíve been harping about it all offseason and defending my standpoint.
    Regardless, we can share the belt.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Actually, I have been the one making a biggest case for Boucher to play since way before the season started...like constantly...lol I didn't just make one random prediction, I have given many reasons as to why I felt this was going to happen if they just let the guy play. Go back if you need to, this thread and the offseason thread are littered with them

    (NOTE: Not saying you didn't say something a long time ago too, but he was 100% correct when he named me the guy that has been calling this "breakout" from Boucher. )
    You may both have my validation for lifting up Boucher in this forum.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,314
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Didnít expect to see this kind of post from you barton. I didnít just make a prediction, Iíve been harping about it all offseason and defending my standpoint.
    Regardless, we can share the belt.
    Maybe I didn't notice who the people agreeing with me were as much as I did the nay sayers on Boucher. Like I said, not trying to say you didn't have the same opinion, I just know I have been making long posts on why he needs to play for a long long time now, so peb's was correct in the initial post.

    MY apologies. Please keep up the pro Boucher posts!

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,027
    I just want Boucher to focus more on securing rebounds than blocking shots. Weíre one of the worst rebounding teams in the league in general but it doesnít help how many offensive rebounds we give up. Teams are getting a lot of 2nd chance points on us. Thatís basically why the Blazers beat us the other day.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,424
    oof Brooklyn just locked down the atlantic

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,690
    It was not like y'all were gonna win the Division anyway and if y'all was smart like I think y'all are...you would tank the season at this point to get a high draft pick considering how deep the 2021 Draft class will be

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,424
    its not like yall were yall do this yall yall yall

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,950
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    oof Brooklyn just locked down the atlantic
    The Bucks and Nets just locked down the entire conference. Itís going to be a two horse race for the next several years.

    Which kinda works out for us. Weíre in last place. Might as well tank it and build for the future. Itís kinda being decided for the team at this point.

    And as much as I love Lowry, I think the writing is in the wall. We should trade him and get assets while we can. IMO

  13. 01-13-2021, 07:05 PM
    Reason
    Double post

  14. #373
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,950
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I'm in a h2h 9 cat. It is the defensive stats I'm worried about and I'm not sure if Randle can sustain this level of production. I will stick with him for now. Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

    I think itís a safe bet to keep Randle. His usage isnít going to go down at all. I think heíll be a stat stuffer all season long.

  15. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,950
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    its not like yall were yall do this yall yall yall
    And Iím the one who lives in Texas lol

  16. #375
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    The Bucks and Nets just locked down the entire conference. Itís going to be a two horse race for the next several years.

    Which kinda works out for us. Weíre in last place. Might as well tank it and build for the future. Itís kinda being decided for the team at this point.

    And as much as I love Lowry, I think the writing is in the wall. We should trade him and get assets while we can. IMO
    idk I don't think the Bucks are good. I think they peaked two seasons ago. As long as Giannis is healthy they'll win 50+ games but I don't really see them as serious contenders.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •