Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1645
  1. #1456
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Gillespie is raw but his physicals are nice.
    I mean how many blocks did he have in yesterday's game? Gillespie at this point for y'all is a project, a pet project. Defensively he could get better in terms of rebounding and blocking but offensively in terms of points and assists he is still raw but is the potential there? Yeah sure if you bring him back and develop him more in the right way.

  2. #1457
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,064
    How pissed would you guys be if we didn't make the play in tourni and ended up 11th in the standings? meaning no playoffs, and a lesser chance at a lotto pick? I think Id be fuming.

  3. #1458
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I mean how many blocks did he have in yesterday's game? Gillespie at this point for y'all is a project, a pet project. Defensively he could get better in terms of rebounding and blocking but offensively in terms of points and assists he is still raw but is the potential there? Yeah sure if you bring him back and develop him more in the right way.
    why do you talk like this

  4. #1459
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,561
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    How pissed would you guys be if we didn't make the play in tourni and ended up 11th in the standings? meaning no playoffs, and a lesser chance at a lotto pick? I think Id be fuming.
    Meh. They would still be in the lottery with a chance at a high pick.

    I would rather they still look appealing to free agents this summer than look like a rebuilding team years away from being relevant. They showed last night that they can still play some really good basketball when they are at full strength.

    It sucks they lost Boucher last night, but if it is really just a sprain that is ok. That will just give Gillespie and Yuta more PT down the stretch behind Birch and Siakam to keep getting a good look at them.

    I guess i dont mind if they make the playoffs while resting our players and not wearing them out with crazy minutes. I just don't want any major injuries. That is the only thing that can make this poop sandwich of a season taste even worse. A long off season would be ideal, but not the end of the world if they can get some of the young guys some playoff experience to see where the intensity level goes that time of year.

  5. #1460
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,064
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    why do you talk like this
    Hes just a kid man. Honestly hes come a long way. lets cut him some slack.

  6. #1461
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,064
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Meh. They would still be in the lottery with a chance at a high pick.

    I would rather they still look appealing to free agents this summer than look like a rebuilding team years away from being relevant. They showed last night that they can still play some really good basketball when they are at full strength.

    It sucks they lost Boucher last night, but if it is really just a sprain that is ok. That will just give Gillespie and Yuta more PT down the stretch behind Birch and Siakam to keep getting a good look at them.

    I guess i dont mind if they make the playoffs while resting our players and not wearing them out with crazy minutes. I just don't want any major injuries. That is the only thing that can make this poop sandwich of a season taste even worse. A long off season would be ideal, but not the end of the world if they can get some of the young guys some playoff experience to see where the intensity level goes that time of year.
    I dunno man, 11 seems to be the new nba hell. Its no mans land. No chance at a playoff run and significantly less chance at a lotto pick. I'm just saying that could be a reality as we are currently in 11th place.

  7. #1462
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,064
    If we do make the playoffs were def gonna need Boucher. Hope hes able to get back on the court by then.

  8. #1463
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    why do you talk like this
    Okay maybe cuz that's how I normally talk but back to Gillespie he a pet project though but could he become something? Who really knows

  9. #1464
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    28,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Okay maybe cuz that's how I normally talk but back to Gillespie he a pet project though but could he become something? Who really knows
    He is already giving us rim protection. We have to keep in mind that he is also just 23. That's what intrigues the FO I believe. He has room to grow and develop.

  10. #1465
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He is already giving us rim protection. We have to keep in mind that he is also just 23. That's what intrigues the FO I believe. He has room to grow and develop.
    This is what I'm basically sayin well not in so many words but yeah there is room for development or case in point, room for improvement but only provided he stays here in the 6ix with y'all.

  11. #1466
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    13,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    This is what I'm basically sayin well not in so many words but yeah there is room for development or case in point, room for improvement but only provided he stays here in the 6ix with y'all.
    I would be interested to see what stats he could put up in the 905. If he cannot dominate there, then he cannot be average here.

  12. #1467
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,019
    “It’s fun to have bigs,” says Adrian Griffin. “The last time we really had bigs was with Marc and Serge.”

    https://i.redd.it/5olev9diwsu61.jpg

    man he has the best soundbites

  13. #1468
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    “It’s fun to have bigs,” says Adrian Griffin. “The last time we really had bigs was with Marc and Serge.”

    https://i.redd.it/5olev9diwsu61.jpg

    man he has the best soundbites
    Suddenly Baynes feels a foot shorter.

  14. #1469
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,479
    Basically y'all's game tomorrow against the Knicks...afternoon game is pretty much a must win game especially if you guys tryin to get to that play in

  15. #1470
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Basically y'all's game tomorrow against the Knicks...afternoon game is pretty much a must win game especially if you guys tryin to get to that play in
    I'd prefer an L. Play in doesn't excite me with this roster. We need lottery balls.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •