Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    im always surprised boucher makes those 3s. dudes a human trebuchet or rather tre-boucher

People get so caught up in line up changes and who starts and who doesnt but when you are turning the ball over for no reason and missing wide open looks, you can't do much.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

It is like we are watching college ball with this zone vs zone action. Three years ago we barely saw teams run zone defenses. Spo was probably the only one running it. Then Nurse started using different zones in his first year as a head coach and now every team is using it.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Fred is such a good defender, I'm surprised he doesn't draw charges.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It is like we are watching college ball with this zone vs zone action. Three years ago we barely saw teams run zone defenses. Spo was probably the only one running it. Then Nurse started using different zones in his first year as a head coach and now every team is using it.

I think the Nets are gonna be one of the few teams nobody is gonna run any zone against.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think the Nets are gonna be one of the few teams nobody is gonna run any zone against.
    Missed the game. Will be interesting to see how they look with all three playing.

They going to lose this challenge. I wonder why it takes them so long to get the replay. Time had to be the only reason they challenged it because it was clearly a foul.

Let's goo big win!

Let's goo big win!

Yeah y'all win again but can you really be proud of that win tho? I'm just sayin cuz that call on Rozier I'm just sayin it looked controversial enough. However, a win is a win all be it y'all won again barely by the skin of your teeth but on MLK Day on Monday against the Mavericks y'all are goin to have to come out strong out of the box.

Because winning by the skin of your teeth can only get you so far. I say that respectfully and giving honest, fair assessment not trolling at all. Bein brutally honest but also bein fair too by sayin that there is room for improvement because y'all still have that same problem of not being able to close out quarters on strong notes. Or the Raptors get sloppy on defense which allows other teams to get back into the game.

If they can fix that, then maybe just maybe y'all can become a fraction of what you once were.

But bright spot for me as far as your team goes, is Boucher. I mean Lowry we already know what he is and same goes for VanVleet but the picture perfect examples of inconsistency on y'alls team is Siakam and OG.

I mean if they were more consistent on offense then your team can truly become better than what it is but the rest of your guys at least are finding a rhythm.

I think we should let Powell start and make Fred our version of Ginobli.(an all star level 6th man). The starting lineup needs Boucher, it just does. So the bench unit is going to lose its most consistent scorer. Wouldn't everyone br a lot more comfortable simply putting the ball in Fred's hands and letting him come in and make some plays when Kyle and/or Siakam has to sit?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think we should let Powell start and make Fred our version of Ginobli.(an all star level 6th man). The starting lineup needs Boucher, it just does. So the bench unit is going to lose its most consistent scorer. Wouldn't everyone br a lot more comfortable simply putting the ball in Fred's hands and letting him come in and make some plays when Kyle and/or Siakam has to sit?
    100%. This should have happened a while ago imo. I don’t think Fred would really be butt hurt about coming off the bench, and he would be in the running for 6th man of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I don’t think I have seen a single minute of action where one of Lowry or FVV aren’t on the floor. When Kyle is sitting, Fred is the lead guard. They are both averaging lots of minutes per game. There will be plenty of overlap minutes where they are both on the court at the same time.

Nurse does the same with Siakam and Anunoby. They both start, but one of them is always still out there. Their rest is staggered throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I don’t think I have seen a single minute of action where one of Lowry or FVV aren’t on the floor. When Kyle is sitting, Fred is the lead guard. They are both averaging lots of minutes per game. There will be plenty of overlap minutes where they are both on the court at the same time.

Nurse does the same with Siakam and Anunoby. They both start, but one of them is always still out there. Their rest is staggered throughout the game.
    And I don’t think that should stop. (I assume Barton agrees, we’ve been on the same page this season).

However - ideally Powell can contribute similarly to FVV to start the game, boucher should help get the ball rolling on both ends, and FVV becomes one of the most reliable bench pieces in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And I don’t think that should stop. (I assume Barton agrees, we’ve been on the same page this season).

However - ideally Powell can contribute similarly to FVV to start the game, boucher should help get the ball rolling on both ends, and FVV becomes one of the most reliable bench pieces in the league.
    Does it make a big difference if the overlap is first 6 minutes of the game, first 6 minutes at the start of the 3rd and last 6 minutes of the game, instead of other times during the game? I guess I don’t understand the concern.

Is the concern poor starts? How would FVV off the bench change that?

Is the concern bench production? He or Kyle or on the court with bench players at all time anyways. Not sure how FVV not starting would change that.

Is the concern the C position and getting Boucher in? Not sure what that has to do with FVV’s role.

Can Powell contribute as a starter and replace FVV’s production? I would think that is unlikely. He is an inferior shot maker, creator and defender IMO.

It's a shooters league where the average size of players is only getting smaller. In other words, get used to seeing zone defence being played more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast