Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    How y'all have the lead, a large lead when I go to sleep but when I wake up...y'all lose the ****in game? It ain't make no damn sense to me at all

May as well tank the whole season like I just don't understand this team
    Thanks for stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by LWB View Post
    Does anyone know why Nurse just doesn't call timeouts when the opposing team is on a run? Especially late in 4th quarter like yesterday. This situation has happened in almost all games this season in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I just don't understand.
    He did call a timeout when they cut it down to 8.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

They blew the 4th because they were tired.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They blew the 4th because they were tired.
    Probably played a factor. Didn’t help that CJ was a bad man all night and that Melo thought it was 2007 when the 4th started. Melo had an amazing quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    He could if he used his signature spin move
    That spin move works best when he's driving since it takes advantage of his speed and surprise factor over other PFs. Harder to do that posting up since more time for defenders to react.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Same here I have like 3 trade offers for him. he’s about to get better with consistent minutes.
    I wonder if we should make a thread dedicated to fantasy. Would you sell high on Randle and attempt to trade for Simmons? Randle is beasting but doesn't provide much in terms of defensive stats.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Huge bright spot. You were bang on predicting his breakout
    Hey that was me! Prediction it all offseason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    100% what I've been preaching. Everyone is all up in arms about the start, but these narrow losses may be actual blessings.
    Yup! Down the stretch I was hoping they’d lose by 1 point.

I want to see great games with great individual performances, leading to a loss.

FVV is officially a SG imo (and a good one) but he would look great in that spot beside Cunningham as a 6’8” PG.

Season at this point may as well be a wash for y'all Raptors...but 2021 NBA Draft is as deep as it has been in years. As deep as Lebron's draft way back in 2003, because if you see the talent coming out of NCAA and G League and Europe you have names like:

Cade Cunningham (PG)
    Evan Mobley (PF/C)
    Jalen Green (PG/SG)
    Jonathan Kuminga (SG/SF)
    Jalen Suggs (SG)
    BJ Boston (SG)

I could go on and on with more names; my point bein this Draft, this upcoming Draft looks good on paper.

Im not saying we are better without lowry.. I waited a long time before I splurged last year on an authentic lowry. So over the years I have grown to accept the fact he goes down as one of the best/if not the best raptor of all time. But also the trade of him is exciting. Going back to the rudy gay trade on the surface it looked like we were robbed but the return really changed the dynamic of that team and got some really good balance in the team. If you count on siakam, og, fred and now even boucher to go on that upward trajectory. Heck I would be happy if we got a salmons, vasquez, patterson minus hayes lol + picks type of deal to round things out.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It could look silly in a months time if they go on a run, but realistically, this team is a likely first round exit or bubble team. With a Lowry trade we could get more favorable lottery odds. The schedule hasn’t even been that hard. A 2-8 start could be a good thing long term.

Trade Lowry then to a contender especially if you committed to a full on rebuild and then layin your eggs in one basket as far as the 2021 NBA Draft Lottery and Draft are concerned cuz if you do that and the Raptors end up with the worst record or one of the worst records in the NBA...come Draft lottery ping pong balls could bless you with a top 3 pick and if that happens, you could end up with a franchise altering player like Cunningham, Green, Suggs, Kuminga, Mobley, Boston, etc

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    Im not saying we are better without lowry.. I waited a long time before I splurged last year on an authentic lowry. So over the years I have grown to accept the fact he goes down as one of the best/if not the best raptor of all time. But also the trade of him is exciting. Going back to the rudy gay trade on the surface it looked like we were robbed but the return really changed the dynamic of that team and got some really good balance in the team. If you count on siakam, og, fred and now even boucher to go on that upward trajectory. Heck I would be happy if we got a salmons, vasquez, patterson minus hayes lol + picks type of deal to round things out.
    I would be against this type of trade. I don’t think our depth is a problem personally. Depth doesn’t lose you games in crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I wonder if we should make a thread dedicated to fantasy. Would you sell high on Randle and attempt to trade for Simmons? Randle is beasting but doesn't provide much in terms of defensive stats.

Yeah we can do a fantasy thread, I think a few guys play here.

Are you doing Roto or H2H ?

I would say stay with Randle bro. In my league Randle is currently hovering top 15-20 where as Simmons is like 45-50 range.

But if you’re in a category league Simmons gives more pts across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    That’s an interesting take. Def an option that becomes more realistic as the season progresses and our playoff chances become more dim.

Another option is always to bring Lowry back on a team friendly contract if he’s up for it, as I think Flynn and FVV can learn a ton from him and his game is aging nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hey that was me! Prediction it all offseason lol.
    Actually, I have been the one making a biggest case for Boucher to play since way before the season started...like constantly...lol I didn't just make one random prediction, I have given many reasons as to why I felt this was going to happen if they just let the guy play. Go back if you need to, this thread and the offseason thread are littered with them

(NOTE: Not saying you didn't say something a long time ago too, but he was 100% correct when he named me the guy that has been calling this "breakout" from Boucher. )

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast