Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Fred is a good player but he's not a point guard. This team needs a babysitter.
    Undersized sg 💯

I think if Lowry leaves and Flynn is out only other pg we’ll be kinda screwed

Nurse sees Hood as a big part of the trade. It looks like he really likes him.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Nurse sees Hood as a big part of the trade. It looks like he really likes him.

He is just thrilled he doesn't have to deal with TD and Thomas.

He is just thrilled he doesn't have to deal with TD and Thomas.
    I believe it's the size he adds. Maybe Hood can find a role here.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Undersized sg 💯

I think if Lowry leaves and Flynn is out only other pg we’ll be kinda screwed
    I get that this team lacks a shot creator but Fred's leash is way too long. Not looking forward to the Fred hero ball show the next 4 years. I don't get why Nurse is okay with Fred jacking up shots but not Siakam. He's a good two way player don't get me wrong but there are some days where he thinks he is lillard.
    Last edited by ecart; 03-29-2021 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I believe it's the size he adds. Maybe Hood can find a role here.

Our bench is just trash. Even RJH stepped in and gave us good minutes last season. Hood would be a huge boon if he keeps playing like this. He looked a bit slow but he's still better than the likes of Bembry or Yuta.

Gary Trent starts off his Raps career 1 for 10 from deep......6 for 22 from the field and 1 for 2 from the FT line. I don't know if he is nervous or just off from being thrown into a new system with new teammates, but one can't help but think if we had Norm the past 2 games they would both be W's. If you are a fan of tanking, you are loving this Powell trade...

I can see why Nurse like Rodney Hood. At 6'8 he has good length for their team defensive scheme, and when he has played on good teams Hood has been able to knock down shots. I just hope they can find a C on the buyout market that can consistently rebound the basketball. That is all this team needs to have a good defense again.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Gary Trent starts off his Raps career 1 for 10 from deep......6 for 22 from the field and 1 for 2 from the FT line. I don't know if he is nervous or just off from being thrown into a new system with new teammates, but one can't help but think if we had Norm the past 2 games they would both be W's. If you are a fan of tanking, you are loving this Powell trade...

I can see why Nurse like Rodney Hood. At 6'8 he has good length for their team defensive scheme, and when he has played on good teams Hood has been able to knock down shots. I just hope they can find a C on the buyout market that can consistently rebound the basketball. That is all this team needs to have a good defense again.
    That's hard to say given Powell couldn't do much on the losing streak by himself. He played well, but the team still kept losing. The bottomline is raptors aren't a good enough team this year. They are still not bad enough for lotto, but aren't good enough to win anything significant. Terrible place to be at.

I don't know if the Raptors are losing games on purpose or if there is something wrong somewhere like either in the physical or mental sense. I'm not saying this to bait or to troll if that is what you are assuming because I am actually not. I'm just pointing out that if this were last season, they would be winning games against teams they have no business losing to case in point last night against Portland where y'all were in control for the 1st and 2nd quarter. But by 3rd and 4th y'all took your foot off the gas. I think they have to be tanking. Only logical explanation that I can think of. Another reason why this team is bad and it has to be said is Nick Nurse. I think what it comes down to is that he is the problem or one of them anyway. However, the main crux of the problems is basketball IQ or lack thereof. Just an honest assessment again not trolling or baiting in any way.

I'm a fan of the long-term direction in indicates. I know you are high on this group when healthy and all together (assuming a C is added), but I don't think a luxury tax team with Lowry/Powell/OG/Siakam/FVV/Boucher as its core can compete at the highest level. I think for me, the most glaring change has been the defensive inconsistencies. Fred and OG have had some brilliant defensive moments throughout the season, but as a unit, they've performed pretty poorly in that area all season. A good C would certainly help, but think the issues are larger than that.

It will be interesting to see what they do with a good draft pick and a good chunk of money in free agency this summer. Do they resign Kyle? Do they go after RFA's? Do they try to grab a UFA stop gap at C like Richaun Holmes? If they resign Lowry though, they won't have more than the MLE to spend. They could draft a C, but it would be a lot to assume they are ready for a starting role out the gate (unless we somehow land Mobley).

Then I also wonder if they'll be active in trades at all. Even though they had an off year, would they trade future picks along with a non-guaranteed contract like Hood to acquire someone who is a good fit for this core?

I expected the trade deadline to answer more of these questions, but it looks like the off-season will have to answer many. Overall, I don't think we see the vision yet of what they are trying to do. Which makes it hard to get behind.

This trade wasn’t made to improve the teams W column this season. This trade was made with eyes toward the future. Trent is 22. He is our youngest player. We’re going to have to invest in his development. How did a Norm look when he was 22? Norm starting playing consistently well this year when he became a starter. Yet you expect a young guy who’s been with the team a couple days to match Norms out put for Ws when we’re clearly tanking? I’m really trying to understand you’re angle here brother.

Give the kid a chance, he doesn’t even know the plays yet and our guys aren’t even looking to get him involved they just going out there and jacking shots. Clearly we need Lowry because when he’s not in the game FVV/Siakam think it’s happy hour and start playing hero ball.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 03-29-2021 at 12:54 PM.

I mean there was no chance MLSE goes into the tax for this team anyway, which you could argue is why they traded Norm.
    Last edited by ecart; 03-29-2021 at 12:52 PM.

It’s not that we’re a fan of tanking. It’s that losing our bigs and only replacing them with Baynes kinds of determined that for us before the season even started. So yeah when you see your team sitting in 11th place and there’s 30 games left and you can smell a nice pick, you’d almost be stupid to now try to win games and finish 10th just to go and get spanked in the post season and miss out on what could be a star player added to the core. It’s just logic at this point.

Anyone who thought this was a playoff team with a depleted front court is straight up delusional. Homerism is something the Raptors fans really need to start steering clear from. Unless you’re wearing rose coloured glasses I don’t see how anyone perceives this team as a playoff threat, or why they would even want to see this team in the playoffs. If we like our team so much why do we want to watch them burn? Lol

How’s about getting that pick in the draft. Retooling in the off-season, and coming back with some real depth and ready to go for next year? What’s wrong with that?

I mean there was no chance MLSE goes into the tax for this team anyway, which you could argue is why they traded Norm.
    Don’t blame em. I don’t like throwing my money away either.

tbh as soon as they signed Baynes and Len, I knew I wasn't going to be very invested in this season.

Page 64 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast