Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    yessir

All we need the first few minutes of each half from either Fred or Powell is to spread the floor for Kyle and Siakam. However, I think the probem is FVV is just so much better defensively than Norm that Nurse needs to go with him against the opposing teams best back court players, and then worry about how to score afterwards. Both FVV and Kyle can both guard just about anyone, my only concern with having both Fred and Kyle is if they aren't the on ball defender, other players don't have to worry about them. They don't have the length to recover and still challenge the shot.
    It’s actually amazing how good of a defender FVV has developed into. I don’t think anyone would have predicted that when he was entering the league. Miraculous really.

Tbh he’s a few inches from being a premier SG in this league. He’s been creating good shots for himself and finishing from everywhere, finding his shot in the flow of the offence. + the defence....

I’d just like to see him create a few more shots for his teammates assuming he is our PG of the future. Cant complain though. If he added a couple apg then he would be considered one of the top 5 Pg in the league imo.

And sure hasnt been an easy task beating those teams either. Heck watching boucher play the way he is is good enough for me this season even if they lose the rest of the way. Of flynn can get some solid development time as well it will bode well going into a quick reset into next season

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Totally agree with this, and a quick look at the teams we have beaten this season should be all the proof anyone needs.

He also has some of the best hands in the league. OG gets his steals from really anticipating the pass and jumping into lanes which is also high risk/high reward. Freds just always got his hands in the right places without sacrificing his position.

They lost 2 winnable back to backs in the last second against the Blazers and Warriors. Also lost a couple nail biters against the Spurs and Pelicans.

Their record could easily be .500 right now. They haven't played well but they have also had their share of bad luck. I think tanking is very premature right now but again time will tell.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    They lost 2 winnable back to backs in the last second against the Blazers and Warriors. Also lost a couple nail biters against the Spurs and Pelicans.

Their record could easily be .500 right now. They haven't played well but they have also had their share of bad luck. I think tanking is very premature right now but again time will tell.

They had one of the best records in the league in those types of games last season (without a "closer"). I think the luck is just returning to the mean.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    They had one of the best records in the league in those types of games last season (without a "closer"). I think the luck is just returning to the mean.
    Yeah but they also had the 5th best point differential in the league last season. If the defense doesnt return to where it was last year or at least close to it, then I'll be worried. They are ranked 20th defensively right now.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Yeah but they also had the 5th best point differential in the league last season. If the defense doesnt return to where it was last year or at least close to it, then I'll be worried. They are ranked 20th defensively right now.

Looks great tonight so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Looks great tonight so far.
    It is the only thing I'm clinging to. If they continue to be a bottom 10 defensive team, then they simply wont win enough. I'll jump on the sell bandwagon but I honestly just hate losing so I'm searching for reasons to feel optimistic.

When Siakam is off, there tends to be no middle ground.

The Raptors should be up double digits right now with the way the Mavs look. Siakam has to wake up.

What are we, 2-18 from 3?

I agree about Pascal. Not a good half from him.

Boucher with 21 points on 8 for 12 shooting (2 for 5 from deep),10 boards and 3 blocks off the bench in 28 minutes. He could win 6th man of the year if they keep winning games and finish with a good record. The only time he didn't score 20+ in the last 6 games was the game he fouled out after just 23 minutes. ...oh, and he is shooting 60% from the field, is unconscious from deep at 47% and has been money at the FT line....even late in the 4th in 1 possession games. He just has ice water in his veins.

He still has some learning to do on D for sure, but he's quickly becoming one of their top scorers. He's currently 4th on the team at over 16 ppg, but if he continues to play 30+ minutes like the 3 guys ahead of him the Raps could quickly have 4 guys averaging 19+ppg....and then you got OG who is averaging over 15 ppg over the last 4 games going 13 for 23 from deep.

Putting things back into perspective, if they win those 2 games against the Warriors and Blazers they would be on a 6 game winning streak and back over .500 and back up to 7th place in the East.

This team is one trade away from finding another legit C to start games and rebound the basketball for them. I really think they need to try and get Bagley if there is really friction there between him and the Kings. He looks like the perfect fit for this team to me.

Raptors with Lowry are starting to heat up more like Mr Lowry is like Mike Lowery of the Bad Boys movies😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣I MAKE MYSELF LAUGH THAT'S HOW FUNNY I CAN BE but on a serious note back to bein serious for a second Boucher boy oh boy that Boucher man that boy is gettin after it

But y'all managed to hold a lead and actually keep a lead...but y'all shouldn't be gettin all happy this quick....let y'all develop like a 5 to 10 game winning streak and then maybe y'all can get excited but it is still too early to get excited!!! #mambamentality

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Boucher with 21 points on 8 for 12 shooting (2 for 5 from deep),10 boards and 3 blocks off the bench in 28 minutes. He could win 6th man of the year if they keep winning games and finish with a good record. The only time he didn't score 20+ in the last 6 games was the game he fouled out after just 23 minutes. ...oh, and he is shooting 60% from the field, is unconscious from deep at 47% and has been money at the FT line....even late in the 4th in 1 possession games. He just has ice water in his veins.

He still has some learning to do on D for sure, but he's quickly becoming one of their top scorers. He's currently 4th on the team at over 16 ppg, but if he continues to play 30+ minutes like the 3 guys ahead of him the Raps could quickly have 4 guys averaging 19+ppg....and then you got OG who is averaging over 15 ppg over the last 4 games going 13 for 23 from deep.

Putting things back into perspective, if they win those 2 games against the Warriors and Blazers they would be on a 6 game winning streak and back over .500 and back up to 7th place in the East.

This team is one trade away from finding another legit C to start games and rebound the basketball for them. I really think they need to try and get Bagley if there is really friction there between him and the Kings. He looks like the perfect fit for this team to me.
    Candidate for MIP too.

With the new system tanking doesn’t give you much more odds at a better pick. You could be dead last and still only have a 50% chance at a top 4 pick. You could be 4th last and have a 48% chance. It’s not much different.

Also this year there is a play in tournament, and teams 9&10 can get them selves in the post season. We’re def not going to tank. 0 chance.

But what we absolutely need to do is improve on our front court. We’re way to soft and rebounding will be a huge problem come post season time when the game slows down and becomes more physical. Our glaring hole up front will be that much more obvious.

We don’t even need a star or anything. Just a quality big who can rebound and provide solid help D.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-19-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast