Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1644
  1. #1591
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,390
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Ever since we got Birch the team just looks tougher to beat. Itís not like heís an elite big but heís bringing so much more to the table at 5 than anything we tried all season. Add the fact that we can make some off-season moves, and add talent through the draf, + the team could come home, I think itís going to be a nice bounce back year.
    I don't see y'all as tougher to beat ever since Birch got there. Y'all still have a lot more work to do especially on the defensive side of the basketball. In order for this team to be relevant again especially next season, y'all are gonna need more depth. Case in point Birch is a free agent this summer. But then so is Lowry. I mean you should get rid of Hood, Baynes and then GTJ is a free agent too.

    But even so which people you bring in to make y'all a playoff team again?

    Then as far as the draft, comes down to luck of the draw as far as ping pong balls go and then deciding on who y'all are gonna draft.

    The Canadian government won't let y'all play at Scotiabank Arena for some reason but yet they let the Maple Leafs play there. But if the Canadian government still can't even let y'all play at home, then y'all have to find another home yet again or you stay in Tampa for yet another year.

  2. #1592
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I don't see y'all as tougher to beat ever since Birch got there. Y'all still have a lot more work to do especially on the defensive side of the basketball. In order for this team to be relevant again especially next season, y'all are gonna need more depth. Case in point Birch is a free agent this summer. But then so is Lowry. I mean you should get rid of Hood, Baynes and then GTJ is a free agent too.

    But even so which people you bring in to make y'all a playoff team again?

    Then as far as the draft, comes down to luck of the draw as far as ping pong balls go and then deciding on who y'all are gonna draft.

    The Canadian government won't let y'all play at Scotiabank Arena for some reason but yet they let the Maple Leafs play there. But if the Canadian government still can't even let y'all play at home, then y'all have to find another home yet again or you stay in Tampa for yet another year.
    I am not sure if you have been watching the games, but raptors have been playing hard and have been losing close games to playoff bound teams. Once they added help to the front court, team has looked decent. Honestly if they didnít sit the key players, they would have been in the play in tournament by now. With a high draft pick and some decent off season pick ups, this team will be a playoff team again. The core is decent and this is just a retool season.

  3. #1593
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,937
    No Lowry, Freddy, OG tonight. Tank on

  4. #1594
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I don't see y'all as tougher to beat ever since Birch got there. Y'all still have a lot more work to do especially on the defensive side of the basketball. In order for this team to be relevant again especially next season, y'all are gonna need more depth. Case in point Birch is a free agent this summer. But then so is Lowry. I mean you should get rid of Hood, Baynes and then GTJ is a free agent too.

    But even so which people you bring in to make y'all a playoff team again?

    Then as far as the draft, comes down to luck of the draw as far as ping pong balls go and then deciding on who y'all are gonna draft.

    The Canadian government won't let y'all play at Scotiabank Arena for some reason but yet they let the Maple Leafs play there. But if the Canadian government still can't even let y'all play at home, then y'all have to find another home yet again or you stay in Tampa for yet another year.
    I see you that need to be enlightened. Allow me.

    1. The leafs only play against other Canadian teams, that's why they can be at home. that was an easy one you coulda just googled it bruh. Its a cool little tool to use.
    2. the core of this team has already won a ship, so what they're doing in the offseason is retooling around them + adding talent through the draft.
    3. If you dont think the team looks much improved with Birch you simply haven't been watching my friend.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-08-2021 at 03:08 PM.

  5. #1595
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,517
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    No Lowry, Freddy, OG tonight. Tank on
    Freddy not playing tonight really hursts me. Im about to go to the finals in fantasy, but with Freddy sitting I likely lose this week and get eliminated. Am I being to selfish for wishing that he played, its $800 bucks on the line

  6. #1596
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Freddy not playing tonight really hursts me. Im about to go to the finals in fantasy, but with Freddy sitting I likely lose this week and get eliminated. Am I being to selfish for wishing that he played, its $800 bucks on the line
    Oh the dilemma. Freddy can play as long as he puts up empty stats and team loses😏

  7. #1597
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,517
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Oh the dilemma. Freddy can play as long as he puts up empty stats and team loses😏
    I wish it were up to me. He sitting out

  8. #1598
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,901
    jv is a walking double double. he would be a max player if he was born 5 years earlier lol.

  9. #1599
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,263
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    jv is a walking double double. he would be a max player if he was born 5 years earlier lol.
    Not sure if we have discussed this before, but how do you think bargnani would do in the modern nba?

  10. #1600
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Not sure if we have discussed this before, but how do you think bargnani would do in the modern nba?
    prob pretty decent. porzingis is very similar to bargs. I think he would have developed better in the modern NBA too and in a better organization.

  11. #1601
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,042
    Forgot there was a game today but nice loss.

  12. #1602
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,042
    Nice to see JV do well. I thought he was gonna be a better Gasol when we got him. That didnt happen but hope he continues to do well.

  13. #1603
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Forgot there was a game today but nice loss.
    I believe raptors are eliminated or almost eliminated from playoffs with that loss.

  14. #1604
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I believe raptors are eliminated or almost eliminated from playoffs with that loss.
    indy needs to lose out and we need to win the rest of our games basically if we won this one
    Last edited by ecart; 05-09-2021 at 01:39 PM.

  15. #1605
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,263
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    prob pretty decent. porzingis is very similar to bargs. I think he would have developed better in the modern NBA too and in a better organization.
    I share the same opinion. In the modern nba he would have been developed toward his strengths, instead of highlighting his weaknesses.

    Iíll never forget the season they wouldnt let him shoot 3ís. Like wtf?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •