Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1645
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I might have to raise my floor on him. Ive been saying hes a mo Pete with better defence. 16ppg type of guy that helps you win. Or a Ron artest at very best.

He could surpass my expectations because he is already there.
    Ron Artest isn't a bad comparable. Artest was really good in his prime. OG doesn't come with any of the off court baggage and is slightly bigger even.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 04-28-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Yeah I might have to raise my floor on him. Ive been saying hes a mo Pete with better defence. 16ppg type of guy that helps you win. Or a Ron artest at very best.

He could surpass my expectations because he is already there.
    Ron Artest is a great comp

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Ron Artest isn't a bad comparable. Artest was really good in his prime. OG doesn't come with any of the off court baggage.
    I think OG is on his way to that level. Artest had a nice peak but short lived. He did have longevity though as a supporting piece. But I think its a good comparison. They even have a similar build

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    How good has OG been? I'm starting to re-calibrate my expectations for him for the future. I can totally see a 20/8 top 5 defender. I'm glad we locked him up. One of my favorite developments this year is seeing when OG realizes he's the strongest guy by far near the rim and just muscles through defenders for jams. He did a couple of fade-aways today, and while that's not ideal, I do like that its suddenly in his arsenal.
    He has been very consistent. One of the bright spots to this season was watching him emerge

Honestly the eye test on flynn recently looks better than fred right now.. To me he looks like he gambles less than fred, also quicker, he sets up offence better, his penetration is better, he has a better mid range game, long range shot doesnt look shabby. He looks like he finishes better only cause he seems to keep his dribble alive much longer and also has a better first step.

Freds shooting south of 40 points, he burns a lot of clock on offence, his shot selection is poor, his drives are chaotic, and more often than not he gambles a lot on offence. And a lot of times after he drives he leaves his feet for passes.

Malachi has tons of potential. He already plays pretty stout defense, which gives him a very high floor. He makes some seriously challenging shots. The only issues I have are off ball movement and he gives himself a few ill-advised heat checks during the games, which look great when they go down, but are wasted possessions when they don't.

MY comp for OG is...........the superstar he got a season long tutorial from; Kawhi Leonard. A quiet level headed assassin who lets his game do the talking. I think he could eventually turn into something similar as he continues to increase his role on offense the way he is finishing in the paint this year with force. He is a 6'7 SF with a 7 foot wingspan.(...like Kawhi) He plays with power and controlled pace in paint (...like Kawhi), he can knock down 3's and he is one of the best one-on-one wing defenders in the NBA (...like Kawhi). He is only 23 (the same age Kawhi was when he burst on the scene in the NBA Finals) with similar numbers to Kawhi's age 23 season......and he has had to overcome major knee injuries, an appendicitis and a year where he had to sit behind Kawhi. He isn't an MVP type player like Kawhi yet, but he has that kind of potential ...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by driftindirt View Post
    Honestly the eye test on flynn recently looks better than fred right now.. To me he looks like he gambles less than fred, also quicker, he sets up offence better, his penetration is better, he has a better mid range game, long range shot doesnt look shabby. He looks like he finishes better only cause he seems to keep his dribble alive much longer and also has a better first step.

Freds shooting south of 40 points, he burns a lot of clock on offence, his shot selection is poor, his drives are chaotic, and more often than not he gambles a lot on offence. And a lot of times after he drives he leaves his feet for passes.
    Initially I didn't know how to feel about him, but he has been playing great as of late and taking advantage of the oppotunity.

FVV is turning in to a Lue Williams type player. He just wants to score and while he does rack up some assists he will never be the floor general type. I dont see him as the pg of the future, I really think he will end up being a combo guard 6th man type.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    MY comp for OG is...........the superstar he got a season long tutorial from; Kawhi Leonard. A quiet level headed assassin who lets his game do the talking. I think he could eventually turn into something similar as he continues to increase his role on offense the way he is finishing in the paint this year with force. He is a 6'7 SF with a 7 foot wingspan.(...like Kawhi) He plays with power and controlled pace in paint (...like Kawhi), he can knock down 3's and he is one of the best one-on-one wing defenders in the NBA (...like Kawhi). He is only 23 (the same age Kawhi was when he burst on the scene in the NBA Finals) with similar numbers to Kawhi's age 23 season......and he has had to overcome major knee injuries, an appendicitis and a year where he had to sit behind Kawhi. He isn't an MVP type player like Kawhi yet, but he has that kind of potential ...imo.
    Hey if he turns in to that, I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Hey if he turns in to that, I'll take it
    honestly, he's a small step below in the major stats.

Kawhi @ age 23 - 16.5 pts, 7.2 r, 2.5 a, 2.3 st, 0.8 blk
    OG @ age 23 - 15.6 pts, 5.6 rb, 2.1 a, 1.6 st., 0.7 blk

Keep in mind, we still have some season left to change those numbers. Also, that was Kawhi's highest steal season. He has averaged 1.8 per season. I don't see OG becoming Kawhi, but I can see him being pretty darned close and that would be awesome.

I dont know if it's fair to make any assessment on Fred. He is not 100% and you can tell that he doesn't have the same bounce to his step.

Tatum said he was still feeling the effects of covid 19 more than a month after testing positive and that he has been using an inhaler before games.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I hate hearing this. He doesnt have the shot creation to have that type of ceiling. Does him an injustice because his game is just fine the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I dont know if it's fair to make any assessment on Fred. He is not 100% and you can tell that he doesn't have the same bounce to his step.

Tatum said he was still feeling the effects of covid 19 more than a month after testing positive and that he has been using an inhaler before games.

it's his hip. he's a small guy. he needs to use his body to create space.

I hate hearing this. He doesnt have the shot creation to have that type of ceiling. Does him an injustice because his game is just fine the way it is.
    Have you been watching lately? His shot creation is coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post

we can chalk up his recent struggles to time missed due to covid protocols, and the hip flexor injury. Hes just getting back in to game shape I believe. Other wise Freddy great all year. I thought he made a strong case to be an all star prior to the break.

What I was touching on is his mental make up. He doesn't approach the game like a floor general or a traditional pg. He is much more like a combo guard with a score first mentality.

honestly, he's a small step below in the major stats.

Kawhi @ age 23 - 16.5 pts, 7.2 r, 2.5 a, 2.3 st, 0.8 blk
    OG @ age 23 - 15.6 pts, 5.6 rb, 2.1 a, 1.6 st., 0.7 blk

Keep in mind, we still have some season left to change those numbers. Also, that was Kawhi's highest steal season. He has averaged 1.8 per season. I don't see OG becoming Kawhi, but I can see him being pretty darned close and that would be awesome.
    Yup, and if he can continue on the trajectory he has shown improving his 3pt and FT percentages, he has 50/40/85+ potential with elite defense....as early as next season! He has put up 20+ points in 5 straight games.....which is the longest streak of his NBA career to date. If he can keep getting 15 FGA or so per game until the end of the season I think that could go a long way in his development. They are paying him like a 2 way star, so it would really be nice if he can grow into that player sooner rather than later.