Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1632
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We won a championship... what happened to the Celtics after their most recent championship? They went in to a rebuild.

it was expected to take a step back last year but the Raptors played very well instead. over achieved I would say. So we take a step back this year and come back with the same core with a draft assets added for next year.

Boston has become a tread mill team. Even Ainge is not happy. So while you bash our season, our fans are intelligent enough to understand the game plan going forward. Worry about your tread mill team. Your gm is.
    Yeah but if you come back with the same core it is no guarantee that you guys come back to make the playoffs next year. I mean you guys had like what a shortened off season and no doubt fatigue from being in the Bubble last year which played into this year. Not to mention defensively you guys did get worse when you lost Ibaka and Gasol. Yeah you replaced them originally with Baynes and Len which has not panned out. Yeah you guys were affected not just by that but by COVID too but then again so were other teams this season as well since there have been postponements for games. Yeah you have Boucher as one of your centers and Birch being your other center. But then against isn't Birch a free agent? Not to mention isn't Trent Jr also a free agent? But then also so is Lowry this summer and not to mention isn't Masai also leaving because his contract as VP of basketball operations is set to expire this summer isn't it not?

Yeah in order to be relevant once again as far as being a great, defensive minded team once again:

1- Get rid of Baynes by buying him out because he is not panning out

2- Let Lowry leave in free agency and you address your center needs either via Draft or via free agency

3- Bring back Masai as VP
    4- Bring back Trent Jr
    5- Bring back Birch
    6- If there is enough money left on the table assuming there are any big names left in free agency, you go after one

Yeah we may have become a tread mill team but at least we will be in the playoffs again for yet another year which just adds to our yearly playoff streak. You guys had one of the longest active playoff streaks but that is about to end this year. But will you guys be back next year in the playoff hunt? I guess we'll see won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah but if you come back with the same core it is no guarantee that you guys come back to make the playoffs next year. I mean you guys had like what a shortened off season and no doubt fatigue from being in the Bubble last year which played into this year. Not to mention defensively you guys did get worse when you lost Ibaka and Gasol. Yeah you replaced them originally with Baynes and Len which has not panned out. Yeah you guys were affected not just by that but by COVID too but then again so were other teams this season as well since there have been postponements for games. Yeah you have Boucher as one of your centers and Birch being your other center. But then against isn't Birch a free agent? Not to mention isn't Trent Jr also a free agent? But then also so is Lowry this summer and not to mention isn't Masai also leaving because his contract as VP of basketball operations is set to expire this summer isn't it not?

Yeah in order to be relevant once again as far as being a great, defensive minded team once again:

2- Let Lowry leave in free agency and you address your center needs either via Draft or via free agency

4- Bring back Trent Jr
    5- Bring back Birch
    6- If there is enough money left on the table assuming there are any big names left in free agency, you go after one

Yeah we may have become a tread mill team but at least we will be in the playoffs again for yet another year which just adds to our yearly playoff streak. You guys had one of the longest active playoff streaks but that is about to end this year. But will you guys be back next year in the playoff hunt? I guess we'll see won't we?
    Honestly, aside from upgrading at starting center, I genuinely don't see a ton of changes to make for next year. Our starting group is mostly in stone with VanVleet, Trent Jr. OG and Siakam. Just need to add a center. If Lowry re-signs, then Trent moves to the bench. Then the bench could stay very similar with Malachi, (possibly Trent Jr.), Lottery Pick, Yuta, Boucher and Birch... later on possibly 1 or more of the second rounders and so on and so forth. I believe this team just ran into some terrible luck this year that will result in a big bounce back. The team I just laid out is not a bad team at all. Who, that I named, simply shouldn't be there? Maybe Yuta, and Birch... maybe.

I believe (and the stats agree) we are a +.500 team this season without the covid outbreak and with 50% actual home games.

Thatís with major holes still on this team. There is nowhere to go but up for this team next season.

Tbh I think I would be more disappointed if we had the same differential but a winning record. I want ceiling on this team to dream about. This draft + this season is the perfect storm.

Last edited by aman_13; 04-16-2021 at 02:05 PM.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I believe (and the stats agree) we are a +.500 team this season without the covid outbreak and with 50% actual home games.

Thatís with major holes still on this team. There is nowhere to go but up for this team next season.

Tbh I think I would be more disappointed if we had the same differential but a winning record. I want ceiling on this team to dream about. This draft + this season is the perfect storm
    I agree. Well said
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 04-16-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Honestly, aside from upgrading at starting center, I genuinely don't see a ton of changes to make for next year. Our starting group is mostly in stone with VanVleet, Trent Jr. OG and Siakam. Just need to add a center. If Lowry re-signs, then Trent moves to the bench. Then the bench could stay very similar with Malachi, (possibly Trent Jr.), Lottery Pick, Yuta, Boucher and Birch... later on possibly 1 or more of the second rounders and so on and so forth. I believe this team just ran into some terrible luck this year that will result in a big bounce back. The team I just laid out is not a bad team at all. Who, that I named, simply shouldn't be there? Maybe Yuta, and Birch... maybe.
    Donít forget about Freddie Gillespie I think that kid can be pretty good and heís only 23. We can have him and Birch man the 5, and other nights they can be bench pieces when we go small:

Iím actually excited about the upside Gillespie has. Very intriguing

4- Bring back Trent Jr
    5- Bring back Birch

Playoff steak donít mean nadda if youíre on a tread mill. Itís not like fans are saying wow they made the 2nd round again what an achievement. Who gives a ****. Lol

We did that for years, and we never got respect until we won. So I rather take a step back this year to give ourself a chance to be really good again next year than to stay with the status quote. Enjoy your first or second round exit. We have higher ambitions for the future of the franchise.

Playoff steak donít mean nadda if youíre on a tread mill. Itís not like fans are saying wow they made the 2nd round again what an achievement. Who gives a ****. Lol

We did that for years, and we never got respect until we won. So I rather take a step back this year to give ourself a chance to be really good again next year than to stay with the status quote. Enjoy your first or second round exit. We have higher ambitions for the future of the franchise.
    That's why last year we made it to Conference Finals so not a 1st or a 2nd round exit, and came within a couple of games of making the NBA Finals in the Bubble. But then again with our core, I wouldn't be surprised if we make a run at the Finals.

Donít forget about Freddie Gillespie I think that kid can be pretty good and heís only 23. We can have him and Birch man the 5, and other nights they can be bench pieces when we go small:

Iím actually excited about the upside Gillespie has. Very intriguing
    I actually thought about Freddie right after I walked away from my computer. I figured someone would notice his omission. I'm also interested in what he is/can be. So far he seems like an ok bench piece. He's good at offensive rebounding and has a larger frame that seems pretty disruptive in the paint. I can see some good upside in him. His handle and general movement and positioning, still seem a bit raw.

That's why last year we made it to Conference Finals so not a 1st or a 2nd round exit, and came within a couple of games of making the NBA Finals in the Bubble. But then again with our core, I wouldn't be surprised if we make a run at the Finals.
    Good luck this year..Iím not in the Celtics forum bashing your team. Iím just pointing out the obvious, the Celtics are a 30 win team: thatís 8 more wins than us and weíre tanking it. Pretenders

It's Interesting reading some of the discussions on the internet. There are some fans around the league that are upset with the Raptors resting as it appears from the outside that they are tanking despite being a game back from the struggling Bulls.

I think it has a lot to do with covid and how some of them are still not where they need to be physically. If the schedule wasn't so brutal, they are probably playing. Also, Lowry is dealing with a foot injury. Fred will play tonight.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aman_13; 04-16-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    It's Interesting reading some of the discussions on the internet. There are some fans around the league that are upset with the Raptors resting as it appears from the outside that they are tanking.

I think it has a lot to do with covid and how some of them are still not where they need to be physically. If the schedule wasn't so brutal, they are probably playing. Also, Lowry is dealing with a foot injury. Fred will play tonight.

Iím so happy Freddyís back tonight. He was really the 3rd best player on my fantasy team.

I think we have had real injuries. Iím not sure why they are mad. Lowry and Freddy are really injured. And if Siakam gets an odd rest itís probably because heís exhausted. Iím not sure why Trent jr didnít play against the Spurs though. Did he have an injury or something?

Iím so happy Freddyís back tonight. He was really the 3rd best player on my fantasy team.

I think we have had real injuries. Iím not sure why they are mad. Lowry and Freddy are really injured. And if Siakam gets an odd rest itís probably because heís exhausted. Iím not sure why Trent jr didnít play against the Spurs though. Did he have an injury or something?
    Yeah I believe he is dealing with an injury.

It's his ankle.

Btw Flynn might be a top 50 fantasy player next season if he gets minutes.

You didnít magically land your top players by being a playoff team. You had a rebuild and accumulated assets to get where you are now. Raptors need the same. They may not need a full rebuild but need retooling for sure. This is going to be that year. Plus our team will be much better once they play at home too.

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast