Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The fact that Norm didn't get a foul call when Simmons hacks both his arms on a breakaway dunk, sending him to the stanchion is an absolute joke. The fact that Norm is tech'd for arguing is the cherry on top. Absolutely disgraceful.
    Those refs are pussyoles

yeah that was pretty brutal. Simmons didn't even jump, he just clobbered him at full speed. I am more upset that no one on this team stepped up to Ben Simmons after that though. You can't let them get away with that shyte. EVER! I don't care if someone gets suspended, you do not let that happen. He should have spent the night on his ***** after that play. Every time he came into the paint it should have been a borderline flagrant foul to send them a message that ain't gonna fly.

Without some more backbone/grit this team will get beat up and run over by a healthy Boston or Miami squad in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    yeah that was pretty brutal. Simmons didn't even jump, he just clobbered him at full speed. I am more upset that no one on this team stepped up to Ben Simmons after that though. You can't let them get away with that shyte. EVER! I don't care if someone gets suspended, you do not let that happen. He should have spent the night on his ***** after that play. Every time he came into the paint it should have been a borderline flagrant foul to send them a message that ain't gonna fly.

Without some more backbone/grit this team will get beat up and run over by a healthy Boston or Miami squad in the playoffs.
    Missing Baka for this.

I didnít get to watch the game tonight but I see that Siakam only played 24 mins. Did he get injured or something?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I didnít get to watch the game tonight but I see that Siakam only played 24 mins. Did he get injured or something?
    Nah Nurse just benched him cause the lineup he had was rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Nah Nurse just benched him cause the lineup he had was rolling.
    Ahh ok fair enough. Nurse has iron balls. I like that about him lol

Pascal also had 4 fouls in the first half after he let him play through his 3rd. Just a rough one all around for him last night. Lowry did his best to will them to a win on a back to back, but the Heat's defense was too good. FVV knocked down a shot from the 'A' in the Kia sign ffs. Without shots like that they would have gotten smoked.

I think this team is in dire need of a 5 day break. It might be a blessing that none have to go to ATL and they will get to recharge.

Looks like we may have no/lack of coaches today lol.

They won't have a coach. We had 6 with Finch. But with 5 of them out, that's all of them. Wasn't in the mood to catch this game, but this I have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They won't have a coach. We had 6 with Finch. But with 5 of them out, that's all of them. Wasn't in the mood to catch this game, but this I have to see.
    I am so ****ing curious about this haha. Will it be a scratched player who takes the reigns? FVV seems like an obvious pick for player/coach. Lowry would be good but Iíd be shocked if he made it through a game without getting ejected lol.

I can totally see FVV having a coaching career in the future.

Sergio is back along with some development coaches.

Siakam is out.
    Last edited by ecart; 02-26-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Siakam prob has covid

Luckily the next 2 games aren't ultra tough.

Yeah y'all have the Bulls today and then the Pistons right after that. 2 winnable games practically. But then again Chicago you can't take them lightly especially since Chicago is right in the thick of things in the playoff race because Lavine has been carrying that team on his back. However, Pistons are like one of the worst teams record wise in the NBA but then again you can't take them lightly either case in point Toronto losing to one of the worst teams in the NBA in Minnesota. Y'all took them lightly and paid for it. But then again you guys beat them in the second meeting.

All I'm saying is that even though on paper those games look winnable, stranger things have happened.

But then the final game before All Star break y'all have to see my Celtics and we have y'all's number this season. Case in point we have beaten y'all twice already this season. But I'm just saying Toronto looks to be on the come up so.

However, on another note Fred Van Vleet was always going to get snubbed in the East when it comes to All Star weekend. Why? I mean the East if you take a look at the East, the East is loaded with stars this year. So for that reason Van Vleet statistically was always going to be overlooked especially when it came to East guards. I mean in the East among guards you have Beal, Harden, Kyrie, Lavine, Jaylen Brown, Ben Simmons, I could go on and on.

It really is a popularity contest though at the end of the day and what it really comes down to is the fact that VanVleet simply just did not get enough votes. If he did, he would be among the East All Star reserves. Siakam didn't get votes either and neither did Lowry. Why? Because the Raptors started off this season horribly. If they started off with a better record and were winning games early, then I honestly think your guys would get consideration for All Star voting. That is just how I look at it.

However, for next season 21/22 season...with All Star weekend being in Cleveland next year, do I think Raptor players have a shot at NBA All Star weekend? It depends on if you guys start off hot next season and if that happens, then I can see some of your players having a shot at it.

Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast