Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That's not my logic at all. I don't care one bit about them changing the name hence why I haven't complained about it. Nice try though.
    If you don't care then why comment on this thread? Stick to the logic that you have set for everyone and move along if truly don't care... Or admit you're full of **** and stay.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    If you don't care then why comment on this thread? Stick to the logic that you have set for everyone and move along if truly don't care... Or admit you're full of **** and stay.
    Because it’s an opportunity for growth. It gets me all hot in my libtard pants.

So what do we call people from India?
    Indians. The textbook definition has Indians as both from India and indigenous people from North, South and Central America. Why can't they be both?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanGuy View Post
    I had this same argument on this forum years ago. The only group of people you're supposed to call an "indian" are the people from India. Using it for the Natives is derogatory and it always has been since from the time the first Europeans arrived. Would you be ok if New York was called the New York N*****s?
    Ya no its not derogatory and your comparison is flawed. There isn't a Bureau of ****** Affairs in government. There is for Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Indians. The textbook definition has Indians as both from India and indigenous people from North, South and Central America. Why can't they be both?
    Because Indians are from India. If you look at the country’s name you’ll see it almost has the word Indian in it. I don’t see the word Indian in the words United States of America but you’re one letter shy of the word American. Probably why they’re called Native Americans. They probably had a different name for their land before it was all colonized though.

Just out of curiosity. Can you cite this textbook definition?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I'm 31 and don't like cancel culture

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Based on a lot of your posts, you’re....special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I love you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

"Opportunity for growth"? Boy.. You have a very high opinion of yourself don't you? Can't wait for us rubes to be educated on this.
    Its nice to see that you chosen to ignore your hypocrisy and have chosen to stay. How very typical of your ilk.

Because Indians are from India. If you look at the country’s name you’ll see it almost has the word Indian in it. I don’t see the word Indian in the words United States of America but you’re one letter shy of the word American. Probably why they’re called Native Americans. They probably had a different name for their land before it was all colonized though.

Just out of curiosity. Can you cite this textbook definition?
    https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...sclient=psy-ab

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/indian

That's from the Oxford Dictionary.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...english/indian

That's from the Cambridge Dictionary.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...english/indian

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    "Opportunity for growth"? Boy.. You have a very high opinion of yourself don't you? Can't wait for us rubes to be educated on this.
    Its nice to see that you chosen to ignore your hypocrisy and have chosen to stay. How very typical of your ilk.
    Yikes, someone gets really uncomfortable when people think differently than him. Typical snowflake behaviour.

Examples from colonizers. Nice.

Indian, meaning ‘native of America before the arrival of Europeans,’ is objected to by many who now favor Native American. However, there are others (including many members of these ethnic groups) who see nothing wrong with the long-established terms Indian and American Indian, although the preference where possible is to refer to specific peoples, as Apache, Delaware, and so on
    So yeah, this basically is saying that it’s wrong to call them Indians but people are lax about it so meh. I guess I’m going to start calling all Americans Europeans now. European just means “white people that first took the land before the arrival of Columbus”

See how dumb that looks?

Yikes, someone gets really uncomfortable when people think differently than him. Typical snowflake behaviour.
    I see your still commenting.. And still full of ****.. As I said, typical.

Examples from colonizers. Nice.

So yeah, this basically is saying that it’s wrong to call them Indians but people are lax about it so meh. I guess I’m going to start calling all Americans Europeans now. European just means “white people that first took the land before the arrival of Columbus”

See how dumb that looks?
    I mean this isn't colonizers. There are many Native American tribes that refer to themselves as Indians and are represented federally as such. How is something deemed racist when people among those groups can't come to a consensus on such? Oh wait, it is if other groups take on the cause and think they can act on said people's behalf.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-15-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Sure but you have plenty of Native American tribes that refer to themselves as Indians. If the mindset was universal that the term "Indian" was offensive then why would any native American tribes use it?
    I'm not making the claim that the term "Indian" is universally offensive.

Because that could be confusing for some and the two races really don't have anything to do with each other. Are they not each deserving of their own unique descriptive term for their race? As is, it then leads to the inevitable "are we talking red dot Indian or the ooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO (with their hand tapping their open mouth) Indian"?

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast