Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyNutIchiros View Post
    Except you didn't, you said Muslim. Uyghur is an ethnic group. You affiliate with your own cultures or deny them. Race cannot be changed. CCP is forcing Muslims to deny their faith because they fear extremism (their claim), but really just want to force pro-China propaganda down their throat.

Did you miss the part about communism using similar government powers to control their citizens?

It'd make more sense to come together and agree that government control over citizens is bad regardless of whom is in power.
    Okay, so then youíre wrong about fascism existing without systemic racism. The Uyghur Muslim situation in China is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Okay, so then youíre wrong about fascism existing without systemic racism. The Uyghur Muslim situation in China is proof of that.
    Religion is not race. Ethnicity is not race. Ethnicity is based off language and culture, race is a construct. Glad you still can't speak to how communism is bad.

Race is what you are genetically. Ethnicity is what you are culturally.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Religion is not race. Ethnicity is not race. Ethnicity is based off language and culture, race is a construct. Glad you still can't speak to how communism is bad.
    Communism bad! Capitalism good!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Soooo facism can exist without systemic racism because race isnít real?

Soooo facism can exist without systemic racism because race isnít real?
    No fascism can exist without systemic racism because the existence of fascism is not dependent on there being racism. My post was explaining to you how your claim that China's treatment of Muslims is not an example of "racism" because Islam is a religion, Uyghur is an ethnic group, and race is very different from either of these.

Can we now agree that government being too powerful is bad whether it be fascism or communism? I don't see the issue. Again, this is not me versus you. I honestly am not interested in an adversarial discussion. I am trying to understand why we cannot agree that government being too powerful is bad for citizens, including fascism and communism.
    Last edited by HoneyNutIchiros; 01-17-2021 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Communism bad! Capitalism good!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    This is a strawman. Nice to meet you, however I never stated any opinion on capitalism. Rather the discussion was about how fascism and communism are both bad.
    Last edited by HoneyNutIchiros; 01-17-2021 at 03:01 AM.

This is a strawman. Nice to meet you, however I never stated any opinion on capitalism. Rather the discussion was about how fascism and communism are both bad.

Capitalism in its US oligarchal form is in no position to judge others that was my point.
    Last edited by blams; 01-17-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Can someone close this thread for crying out loud, talk about baseball

Quote Originally Posted by salukisam View Post
    can someone close this thread for crying out loud, talk about baseball
    qft
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

No fascism can exist without systemic racism because the existence of fascism is not dependent on there being racism. My post was explaining to you how your claim that China's treatment of Muslims is not an example of "racism" because Islam is a religion, Uyghur is an ethnic group, and race is very different from either of these.

Can we now agree that government being too powerful is bad whether it be fascism or communism? I don't see the issue. Again, this is not me versus you. I honestly am not interested in an adversarial discussion. I am trying to understand why we cannot agree that government being too powerful is bad for citizens, including fascism and communism.
    Please provide an example from history.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Please provide an example from history.
    I did, China's treatment of Muslims is not an example of "racism" because Islam is a religion, Uyghur is an ethnic group, and race is very different from either of these.

Another example is Italy' National Fascist Party.

I am trying to understand why we cannot agree that government being too powerful is bad for citizens, including fascism and communism.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Capitalism in its US oligarchal form is in no position to judge others that was my point.
    I do not understand why you replied to my post though. I spoke nothing about the US capitalistic cronyism. I simply stated fascism and communism give government too much power over its citizens, which is dangerous.

I did, China's treatment of Muslims is not an example of "racism" because Islam is a religion, Uyghur is an ethnic group, and race is very different from either of these.

Another example is Italy' National Fascist Party.

I am trying to understand why we cannot agree that government being too powerful is bad for citizens, including fascism and communism.
    Funny how you reference Mussolini. A man who literally wrote the Manifesto of Race which stripped Jews of their Italian citizenship and who also did his own ethnic cleansing of Yugoslavs.

Itís incredibly ironic too because much like you, Mussolini, at one point said race didnít exist before going on to be a racist, genocidal maniac.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Race is what you are genetically. Ethnicity is what you are culturally.
    We are all the same species though, correct? I believe it is Homo sapiens

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast