Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 316 to 329 of 329
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Funny how you reference Mussolini. A man who literally wrote the Manifesto of Race which stripped Jews of their Italian citizenship and who also did his own ethnic cleansing of Yugoslavs.

    Itís incredibly ironic too because much like you, Mussolini, at one point said race didnít exist before going on to be a racist, genocidal maniac.
    Ethnicity (Yugoslav) is not race and neither is religion (Judaism), so again you are wrong. Nationalism (stripping jews of Italian citizenship) is also not the same as racism. You are conflating many ideas. Basically throwing the kitchen sink into the discussion hoping something makes sense. We can agree Mussolini is genocidal maniac and that the National Fascist Party is immoral and terrible organization...however, this does not prove that fascism is based on racism.

    When you start comparing me to Mussolini, you clearly are not up for civil discussion as you are going to compare me to a fascist dictator responsible for genocide. Honestly, you need to examine your own ideas if you think me disagreeing with you makes me Mussolini. Just yikes.

    So how about communism, you a fan? If not, then denounce it. If yes, then be proud of it and make it known.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Race is what you are genetically. Ethnicity is what you are culturally.
    Actually not the case. Race has no biological meaning. Genes do not dictate race and there are no genes that make people of any race more alike.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    14,681
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyNutIchiros View Post
    Actually not the case. Race has no biological meaning. Genes do not dictate race and there are no genes that make people of any race more alike.

    Just about every textbook in cultural anthropology, sociology, human geography, diversity studies, etc. defines it this way. Race describes your physical appearance. Why do you suppose that Europeans, far-east Asians, and sub-Saharan Africans look so different?
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-21-2021 at 06:00 AM.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,674
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyNutIchiros View Post
    Ethnicity (Yugoslav) is not race and neither is religion (Judaism), so again you are wrong. Nationalism (stripping jews of Italian citizenship) is also not the same as racism. You are conflating many ideas. Basically throwing the kitchen sink into the discussion hoping something makes sense. We can agree Mussolini is genocidal maniac and that the National Fascist Party is immoral and terrible organization...however, this does not prove that fascism is based on racism.

    When you start comparing me to Mussolini, you clearly are not up for civil discussion as you are going to compare me to a fascist dictator responsible for genocide. Honestly, you need to examine your own ideas if you think me disagreeing with you makes me Mussolini. Just yikes.

    So how about communism, you a fan? If not, then denounce it. If yes, then be proud of it and make it known.
    Youíve chosen a hell of a hill to die on. Only reason I mentioned Mussolini is because you referenced Italyís National Fascist party as an example of fascism without racism. A man who crafted the Manifesto of Race is most certainly racist. Iím not surprised you donít see that considering you donít find ethnic cleansing combined with nationalism racist either. Clearly heís not racist, he just killed people because they werenít full blooded Italians. Not racist at all.

    Iím Croatian by the way. Yugoslav isnít an ethnicity either my dude. It WAS a MULTI ethnic state. Unfortunately the downfall was due to racism and nationalism. Serbís were pissed that Kosovo was basically itís own country with its own government and not part of Serbia anymore. Once Milosevic took power he sided with Serbia and started rolling back Kosovoís basic human rights. Oh and there was also some grotesque ethnic cleansing of Albanians too. This led to the war which pretty much ended Yugoslavia. So yeah, if killing people because they arenít the right ethnicity isnít racist then what is it?

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post

    Just about every textbook in cultural anthropology, sociology, human geography, diversity studies, etc. defines it this way. Race describes your physical appearance. Why do you suppose that Europeans, far-east Asians, and sub-Saharan Africans look so different?
    You said race is what you are genetically. How is anything you mentioned related to genes?

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Youíve chosen a hell of a hill to die on. Only reason I mentioned Mussolini is because you referenced Italyís National Fascist party as an example of fascism without racism. A man who crafted the Manifesto of Race is most certainly racist. Iím not surprised you donít see that considering you donít find ethnic cleansing combined with nationalism racist either. Clearly heís not racist, he just killed people because they werenít full blooded Italians. Not racist at all.

    Iím Croatian by the way. Yugoslav isnít an ethnicity either my dude. It WAS a MULTI ethnic state. Unfortunately the downfall was due to racism and nationalism. Serbís were pissed that Kosovo was basically itís own country with its own government and not part of Serbia anymore. Once Milosevic took power he sided with Serbia and started rolling back Kosovoís basic human rights. Oh and there was also some grotesque ethnic cleansing of Albanians too. This led to the war which pretty much ended Yugoslavia. So yeah, if killing people because they arenít the right ethnicity isnít racist then what is it?
    How about no one dies on any hills today. Sure, try to justify the comparison because I brought it up as an example of fascism. Then you take it to a personal slight? Not necessary at all. Italian is not a race, it's an ethnicity.

    Yes, Yugoslav is an ethnic identity. Killing people is wrong regardless of the reason why. I am sure we agree these are all tragedies. However, I cannot agree with how you define race in your prior examples. Ethnicity and religion are not races. Targeting groups is still incredibly wrong. I think we should focus on what we have in common rather than what divides us.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,674
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyNutIchiros View Post
    How about no one dies on any hills today. Sure, try to justify the comparison because I brought it up as an example of fascism. Then you take it to a personal slight? Not necessary at all. Italian is not a race, it's an ethnicity.

    Yes, Yugoslav is an ethnic identity. Killing people is wrong regardless of the reason why. I am sure we agree these are all tragedies. However, I cannot agree with how you define race in your prior examples. Ethnicity and religion are not races. Targeting groups is still incredibly wrong. I think we should focus on what we have in common rather than what divides us.
    Where did I take anything personal? Iím just pointing out how wrong you are. You just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper is all.

    I asked you a question a few times now and instead of answering it youíre just deflecting. So Iíll ask again. If killing people because they arenít the right ethnicity isnít racist then what is racist to you?

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    45,491
    This team currently has a payroll only 400k above what Mike Trout will make this year

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Where did I take anything personal? Iím just pointing out how wrong you are. You just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper is all.

    I asked you a question a few times now and instead of answering it youíre just deflecting. So Iíll ask again. If killing people because they arenít the right ethnicity isnít racist then what is racist to you?
    Oh, so comparing me to a genocidal murder is not a personal slight? I doubt you'd feel that way if I did the same to you. You are not doing a very good job of pointing out how wrong I am...ethnicity and religion are not race regardless how you frame your sentences.

    Deflecting? You mean like your failure to answer the same question I copied/pasted in 3-4 posts in a row? Let's watch how I will answer your question but how you will still fail to answer mine. Racism is the ideology where you believe a race is inherently superior than another. Using this ideology to act against someone is racial discrimination. Using this ideology to kill a group of people is racial genocide. However, examples of race are Asian and NOT Chinese, Japanese, nor Vietnamese. Examples are Black and NOT Ethiopian, Zambian, and Tanzanian.

    Do you agree with me that excessive government control in both communism and fascism based systems are bad?

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyNutIchiros View Post
    Do you agree with me that excessive government control in both communism and fascism based systems are bad?
    A no-brainer! Absolutely! Another reason why they want to hand out freebies to illegal immigrants that comes into our country, while the American citizens have to work to death all their lives just to provide a shelter and food on the table. Therefore, with more illegals living here, the government push for more control over everybody...

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,674
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyNutIchiros View Post
    Oh, so comparing me to a genocidal murder is not a personal slight? I doubt you'd feel that way if I did the same to you. You are not doing a very good job of pointing out how wrong I am...ethnicity and religion are not race regardless how you frame your sentences.

    Deflecting? You mean like your failure to answer the same question I copied/pasted in 3-4 posts in a row? Let's watch how I will answer your question but how you will still fail to answer mine. Racism is the ideology where you believe a race is inherently superior than another. Using this ideology to act against someone is racial discrimination. Using this ideology to kill a group of people is racial genocide. However, examples of race are Asian and NOT Chinese, Japanese, nor Vietnamese. Examples are Black and NOT Ethiopian, Zambian, and Tanzanian.

    Do you agree with me that excessive government control in both communism and fascism based systems are bad?
    You still didn't answer my question. You poor victim. I love how you took offence to me calling you out on your deflecting then continued to deflect even more. What is racism to you?

    Communism is bad. Fascism is bad. For fascism to exist there needs to be racism. Lots of it. Fascism and racism go hand in hand. Saying they don't is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,712
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    A no-brainer! Absolutely! Another reason why they want to hand out freebies to illegal immigrants that comes into our country, while the American citizens have to work to death all their lives just to provide a shelter and food on the table. Therefore, with more illegals living here, the government push for more control over everybody...

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,849
    This discussion has ceased to be about baseball. Could it be moved to the Politics section?

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    You still didn't answer my question. You poor victim. I love how you took offence to me calling you out on your deflecting then continued to deflect even more. What is racism to you?

    Communism is bad. Fascism is bad. For fascism to exist there needs to be racism. Lots of it. Fascism and racism go hand in hand. Saying they don't is laughable.
    I don't know what your issue is Reed, if you actually read my post you'd see that I answered the question of what racism constitutes. Every post is through my lens just as every one of your posts is through your lens.

    Here, I will just quote my previous post since you missed it "Racism is the ideology where you believe a race is inherently superior than another. Using this ideology to act against someone is racial discrimination. Using this ideology to kill a group of people is racial genocide."

    So again, not deflecting from you, never did.

    Thank you for finally answering that question. No, fascism and racism can exist together but are not dependent on one another. You can have suppression of political groups or media opposition through government and that would still be fascist.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •