Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    they had steph and draymond last yr and they still found a way to get down 40-11 to the suns at chase center. I know the team was coming together, and it wasnt a perfect fit with d lo..... but 2 stars and a premier head coach should be able to find a way to be more competitive than that even in a worst case scenerio....... unless they arent looking to be competitive.
    Even so they still have Oubre and Wiggins so they should not be tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Did either of them play in the post season last yr? Heck, either of the last 2 yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    See my last post. Do not engage.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Havenít seen anything about a question mark for reg season
    anthony slater tweet tonight... 8 46 pm

Warriors next five days
    -Friday: Off
    -Saturday: Scrimmage that'll help determine Draymond/Wiseman opening night availability
    -Sunday: Fly to NYC
    -Monday: Practice in NYC
    -Tuesday: Opener in Brooklyn

Anybody know why thereís been no mention of Garry StJean? Clearly heís not with the broadcast anymore but I canít even find one mention about it online.

Anybody heard why he was dismissed with no word?

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Anybody know why thereís been no mention of Garry StJean? Clearly heís not with the broadcast anymore but I canít even find one mention about it online.

Anybody heard why he was dismissed with no word?
    does dorell wright play his part now???

does dorell wright play his part now???
    I guess so. I always thought Monte Poole (a good reporter) was a bit awkward on set with St Jean and Papa. But Iím surprised no media outlets nor the Warriors have mentioned him at all.

I think Garry was kind of being pushed out when Mully came in. I don't really care about the non-in-game talking heads ... which means I REALLY don't like the Warriors public facing voices right now.

It's a shame Tolbert got sick, he would have been SO MUCH BETTER as a replacement for Barnett.

The dream would be replacing Fitz/Buike with Papa/Barnett for some games and Roye/Tolbert for the others. Keep their work load down. They could even have other color guys too ... Mullin, Barry, Hardaway, Nellie, David Lee, Baron Davis, Captain Jack, Matt Barnes, and eventually Iguodala and Livingston. They could even have them in in pairs like other teams do.

AS LONG AS THEY GET RID OF FITZ!

Lol. I think Fitz knows the game and is in some instances an elite broadcaster. Huge homer. The biggest, but so am
    I? He can tone it down but I donít think he can help it.

Papa/Barnett would be awesome, we could actually have some elite analysis, and Papa is better than Fitz. So that works.

Iíd liked Buike on the post game show, I was surprised he took over for Barnett.

Papa/Barnett with Mully, Barnes, Jack, Davis etc. would be good move a la the 3 person lineups ESPN rolls out with Jackson and Van Gundy

Though Fitz and Buike arenít terrible enough for them to axe them anytime soon. Clearly theyíre favored by management and play to the casual SF fanbase

Still surprised thereís been no mention at all about ST Jean.

Honestly I don't know how Mark Jackson has kept his job, and as long as he's the one the league chooses for big games then I can't reasonably have high expectations for the local play by play guy ... but Fitz isn't just a homer, he says stupid stuff, and without Barnett to correct him he's just insufferable to me now. So now, like Mark Jackson games, I'm going to rely on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Honestly I don't know how Mark Jackson has kept his job, and as long as he's the one the league chooses for big games then I can't reasonably have high expectations for the local play by play guy ... but Fitz isn't just a homer, he says stupid stuff, and without Barnett to correct him he's just insufferable to me now. So now, like Mark Jackson games, I'm going to rely on the radio.
    he takes pieces of things he hears knowledgeable broadcasters and analysts say but doesnt understand the context.

For example- He will say something like....."Thats why you should always jump straight up when contesting a shot" ... But if you watch the play- the defender was chasing the shooter around picks or the shooter did a quick step back. If the defender "jumped straight up" he would be like 7 feet away from the shooter.

The 2 minutes later he will say "Dramond green did a great job at selling out to contest that shot"- when he ran and leaped from 10 feet away to challenge the shot.

However in Fitz defense- I do like how he talks about the charge calls compared to national tv announcers. national TV announcers ONLY look to see if the defender was outside the restricted area (Maybe thats the easiest way to explain it to the casual fan)

But fitz and Barnett use to always talk about whether the defender was moving while the offensive player had already began to elevate and whether the guy actually took the charge or if he was off to a side. In the nba- most times the defender is moving when the shooter is in the air.. The pass and crash defense is ridiculous too. You will have defenders run infront of a guy and not even be between the guy and the basket.

The stuff that bothers me with fitz is just that he never holds any warrior player accountable for anything. He will say " Well there's really nothing you can do when player X makes 7-9 three pointers. (Umm you could alec burke within 10 feet of him when he just hit 2 of them from the same spot.... just a crazy idea that contesting a shot might bring down the chances of it going in).

he takes pieces of things he hears knowledgeable broadcasters and analysts say but doesnt understand the context.

For example- He will say something like....."Thats why you should always jump straight up when contesting a shot" ... But if you watch the play- the defender was chasing the shooter around picks or the shooter did a quick step back. If the defender "jumped straight up" he would be like 7 feet away from the shooter.

The 2 minutes later he will say "Dramond green did a great job at selling out to contest that shot"- when he ran and leaped from 10 feet away to challenge the shot.

However in Fitz defense- I do like how he talks about the charge calls compared to national tv announcers. national TV announcers ONLY look to see if the defender was outside the restricted area (Maybe thats the easiest way to explain it to the casual fan)

But fitz and Barnett use to always talk about whether the defender was moving while the offensive player had already began to elevate and whether the guy actually took the charge or if he was off to a side. In the nba- most times the defender is moving when the shooter is in the air.. The pass and crash defense is ridiculous too. You will have defenders run infront of a guy and not even be between the guy and the basket.

The stuff that bothers me with fitz is just that he never holds any warrior player accountable for anything. He will say " Well there's really nothing you can do when player X makes 7-9 three pointers. (Umm you could alec burke within 10 feet of him when he just hit 2 of them from the same spot.... just a crazy idea that contesting a shot might bring down the chances of it going in).
    The officiating in the NBA has kind of lost the plot on things like charges, screens, travel calls, flopping, and hand and stepping under fouls on shooters. There are also issues with bigger players just being allowed to shove people around as long as they are on offense which is making it more like bully ball.

Fitz' homerism is annoying and the stupid things he says are annoying, and he's just worn me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Re-watching the game, Smiley actually did a decent job in his first half minutes. 2nd half the whole team got really sloppy. Maybe tired from not going so hard for so long yet?
    Are there any concerns yet as to whether Smiley is going to be a part of this teams core moving forward? I mean if he cant get into the rotation this yr with all of the injuries to bigs.....Im not sure he belongs on an NBA roster.

Are there any concerns yet as to whether Smiley is going to be a part of this teams core moving forward? I mean if he cant get into the rotation this yr with all of the injuries to bigs.....Im not sure he belongs on an NBA roster.
    Yeah, they keep listing him on the injury list, but with all the injuries I have no idea what this team is doing.

The biggest bright spot has been the change in Jordan Poole. He's playing SO much faster and better than just a few months ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123