Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Jared Porter named Mets GM

Per multiple verified sources on Twitter.

The Mets have found their next general manager.

SNY MLB Insider Andy Martino reports that the Mets have hired former Diamondbacks exec Jared Porter as the team's general manager.

Most recently the Diamondbacks senior vice president and assistant general manager, Porter also spent parts of two seasons with the Cubs as the team’s director of pro scouting/special assistant, and was with the team when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016.

Porter, 40, also worked his way up through the Red Sox system, starting as an intern and ending up as the team’s director of Pro Scouting from 2012-15.

He is a Theo guy, so maybe next year Theo comes over?

Good hire. Great resume

Boom. Now go get Springer and Bauer!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Boom. Now go get Springer and Bauer!

Porter wouldn't have gotten the job unless he was on board with what Alderson and Cohen are doing. If they want one major FA, expect Porter to follow suit in that mindset.

Jeff passan

Jared Porter is working on a deal to be the new GM of the New York Mets, sources tell ESPN.

A longtime executive in Boston, Chicago and Arizona, Porter is immensely respected around baseball and has been seen as a future GM for years. He gets his shot with the ascendant Mets.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Keith law

great hire for the Mets - Porter's very bright and has been a key part of multiple successful front offices

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Marc Carig

From someone who has worked with Jared Porter, the Mets' newest general manager: “I would personally run through a wall for him."

I'm curious if this will allow Alderson to take more of a back seat and let him do his thing

Former Mets assistant GM Allard Baird, who worked with Jared Porter in the Red Sox front office: “He’s got a strong executive presence with a compassion for people. I think that will really stand out."

It feels weird where the Mets are doing the right thing and being praised for it.

I could get used to it.

Super excited about this move. Let’s see what kind of creativity he brings to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Super excited about this move. Let’s see what kind of creativity he brings to the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll help him out to get started. Sign Bauer and Springer.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast