Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    This is where having Sandy at the helm really helps.

Porter is gone but the top dog who stabilizes things as the adult in the room makes it seem ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

This is the difference between Steve and Fred. Steve moves quickly and eradicates the problem, Fred would have hemmed and hawed on what they should do. In the end he would have had kept him and let the problem fester.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This is where having Sandy at the helm really helps.

Porter is gone but the top dog who stabilizes things as the adult in the room makes it seem ok.

True. Sandy was also in charge of hiring him, so there will be some questions. The story hadn't been reported, and Porter wasn't about to say, "Oh, by the way, I sent 62 unanswered texts and d*** pix to a foreign reporter once, but we're all good." But there will be questions about vetting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    When he told them he learned so much from Epstein we just assumed he meant Theo.
    Incredible.

What an absolute loser.

Have to assume the assistant gm gets promoted since he was interviewed for the gm job initially.

True. Sandy was also in charge of hiring him, so there will be some questions. The story hadn't been reported, and Porter wasn't about to say, "Oh, by the way, I sent 62 unanswered texts and d*** pix to a foreign reporter once, but we're all good." But there will be questions about vetting.
    There will be. But I donít know how anyone can actually vet this. If the Cubs didnít know and ESPN was sitting on the story at the behest of the female reporter, it wasnít coming out in any background search.

Wow I just read the texts. He was sending insane 2am texts over and over again.

Either heís a pathetic and horny drunk ******* or heís a complete sociopath.

Dude needs to get his **** together. That was awful.

Jared Porter named Mets GM

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    This is the difference between Steve and Fred. Steve moves quickly and eradicates the problem, Fred would have hemmed and hawed on what they should do. In the end he would have had kept him and let the problem fester.
    Nah

They moved in from Beltran and that was less of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Wow I just read the texts. He was sending insane 2am texts over and over again.

Either heís a pathetic and horny drunk ******* or heís a complete sociopath.

Dude needs to get his **** together. That was awful.

At first I was going to give him the benefit because she was answering back and you can argue that their was some miscommunication, but as you read on you see how sad and pathetic his text were but then the dick pics and bulge pics made it creepy and predatory.

He was really showing his simp card. But one would think after a few unanswered texts you get the point of "leave a girl alone". Apparently not. It takes 60+. The real question of his judgement aside, why would anyone on this planet think it a good idea to do this not only to a woman...but to a reporter.

A reporter!!

Nah, in this day and age, what could go wrong? The dude needed to go, and even fearing backlash...this woman did the right thing.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-19-2021 at 10:11 AM.

I give it 3 unanswered texts over a couple of days and give up after that. 62? Holy hell!

He must have been super parched

When he told them he learned so much from Epstein we just assumed he meant Theo.
    Lmfaooo

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Just a heads up, Iíve screen shot this and probably have sent to 100 people already!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah

They moved in from Beltran and that was less of a problem.
    How long did it take Steve Phillips to get fired?
    He admitted in 1998 of having sex with a Mets employee, she sued for sexual harassment. He was fired in 2003 because the team sucked.

Beltran was fired because of mounting pressure from mlb.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I just realized that he has the same first name as the Subway guy.

Note to self: don't let my daughter date anyone named Jared.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast