Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Epstein in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm curious if this will allow Alderson to take more of a back seat and let him do his thing
    I think he will come in and express some things that he wants to do, but I think for now the vision is Aldersons. Unless he say we need to get this guy over this guy or say he would not like a certain guy Sandy was targeting, but am sure they talked about that in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    It feels weird where the Mets are doing the right thing and being praised for it.

I could get used to it.
    Lol. Guys like me are gonna have to come up with a new schtick. Won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Seems like a great hire!

I'm excited about this hire. Glad we're being taken seriously

This hire just feels right from both quantitative and qualitative standpoints. So Mets-like in the new age of the team.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Porter hired Jason Parks, here’s hoping he brings him in as an Assistant GM. He used to to be the head prospect writer for Baseball Prospectus. Big Mets fans, or used to be. I used to see him at the Cyclone games.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You have 3 more years of Lmfao Robinson, that material should write itself.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Porter hired Jason Parks, here’s hoping he brings him in as an Assistant GM. He used to to be the head prospect writer for Baseball Prospectus. Big Mets fans, or used to be. I used to see him at the Cyclone games.
    Sweet

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

You have 3 more years of Lmfao Robinson, that material should write itself.

-Peter Gammons

In the last two days, I have gotten more than three dozen texts from baseball people who see Mets president Sandy Alderson and Porter as natural partners. “Knowing Jared all these years, Sandy is the perfect mentor for him,” says one former Red Sox colleague. “Sandy will shelter him from Cohen, who is so energetic and eager to make news,” says another. Adds a third, “Sandy Alderson defines honor, dignity, thought and measured enthusiasm. They are perfect for one another.”

Porter is measured, he is thoughtful, he seems to know every player in either league, and virtually every executive knows him. “Jared is incredibly humble, he’s a listener, he connects with everyone, he’s someone everyone trusts,” says Cherington. “Sandy can go home at night or travel somewhere and know that Jared can handle a problem that comes up. From veteran scouts like the late Gary Hughes to the young analysts, he makes it clear he appreciates and respects them.”

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast