Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Looks like some other deals included now too

The Rockets are expanding the deal to send Caris LeVert to the Pacers for Victor Oladipo, sources tell ESPN.
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1349466633530712067

I honestly prefer Bradley Beal as a target

76ers fans can officially put any Harden rumors to rest now

bradley Beal is younger and a better fit for the 76ers IMO.

The question for Morey is what is he willing to give up LOL

I really want to know IF Morey actually made a serious offer for Harden.

There was a rumor that 76ers offer Simmons/Maxey for Harden but this could also be what the Rockets was asking so who knows.

Iím a little bummed about Harden. I had been starting to talk myself into wanting him and even being okay with giving up Simmons for him. Mainly because Embiid is playing at a such a high level right now I think itís important to try to maximize him during his window of prime. Harden can do that better than Simmons.

But I certainly had reservations still for all the obvious reasons - Hardenís age and drama, Simmonsí age and upside, etc. And I was even the guy who said in the off-season thread I wanted to build around Simmons, not Embiid, if you had to choose one. Lol. Embiidís resurgence forced me to change my mind on that in just a few months.

However, the franchise is still in a very healthy position, building around Embiid and Simmons (for now). We didnít mortgage ethereum future. And the team is in great hands with Morey and I continue to have all the faith and confidence that heís the best man for this job. So I trust that not getting Harden for the price it would have taken was probably the right decision. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Iím a little bummed about Harden. I had been starting to talk myself into wanting him and even being okay with giving up Simmons for him. Mainly because Embiid is playing at a such a high level right now I think itís important to try to maximize him during his window of prime. Harden can do that better than Simmons.

But I certainly had reservations still for all the obvious reasons - Hardenís age and drama, Simmonsí age and upside, etc. And I was even the guy who said in the off-season thread I wanted to build around Simmons, not Embiid, if you had to choose one. Lol. Embiidís resurgence forced me to change my mind on that in just a few months.

However, the franchise is still in a very healthy position, building around Embiid and Simmons (for now). We didnít mortgage ethereum future. And the team is in great hands with Morey and I continue to have all the faith and confidence that heís the best man for this job. So I trust that not getting Harden for the price it would have taken was probably the right decision. It is what it is.
    I, personally, believe Ben Simmons has already hit his peak; and I only say that based on his unwillingness to improve his game. You can't teach heart and Ben, currently, doesn't have it. I still wouldn't have traded for Harden.

We need to get Beal.

what an eventful day yesterday. I am surprised that Morey offered Simmons for Harden but also glad he refused Maxey. Shams reported that the official offer was Simmons, Thybulle, 3 picks which is still better than what Houston got since I really doubt they sign Dipo after the season. Lot of speculation that the Rockets owner was intentionally playing hardball with Morey bccuz they dont get along. As for the Nets i still dont think theyre contenders as crazy as that might sound. They now are starting a washed up Jordan and Green and they have no bench and who knows whats going on in Irvings crazy mind.

If Harris keeps up this level of play I can see a potential offseason deal revolving around Simmons for Beal or Lavine or on the off chance the Suns miss the playoffs and Booked comes available (really dout he does either way). Word is Simmons was thrilled to be staying which is good to hear but he needs to turn it up and lead with Embiid. That Heat game really made a lot of people sour on him some, including myself. Hopefully this is a turning point in his career and he can help lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    I, personally, believe Ben Simmons has already hit his peak; and I only say that based on his unwillingness to improve his game. You can't teach heart and Ben, currently, doesn't have it. I still wouldn't have traded for Harden.

We need to get Beal.
    I wouldnít overlook his improvements and work heís put in to basically become the best non-big defensive player in the entire NBA within his first 3-4 seasons. And heís still somehow getting even better at that. But on the offensive side of the ball itís a very fair assessment. And itís a big concern for me too.

I think Ben is generally underrated. Heís elite at certain things that get overlooked. Heís a perennial all-star, 3rd-ish team all NBA caliber player. You can rely on him to always be that. And people donít appreciate him for that.

BUT... Big BUT here. The team simply needs him to be way better than that. The team needs him to ascend to a 1st team, real superstar kind of player to realistically win a championship. The gap between a 3rd team all NBA player and a 1st team all NBA player is massive. And I have strong doubts he can or will ever improve to that level. The concern that what weíre getting now is basically his peak is real.

I wouldnít overlook his improvements and work heís put in to basically become the best non-big defensive player in the entire NBA within his first 3-4 seasons. And heís still somehow getting even better at that. But on the offensive side of the ball itís a very fair assessment. And itís a big concern for me too.

I think Ben is generally underrated. Heís elite at certain things that get overlooked. Heís a perennial all-star, 3rd-ish team all NBA caliber player. You can rely on him to always be that. And people donít appreciate him for that.

BUT... Big BUT here. The team simply needs him to be way better than that. The team needs him to ascend to a 1st team, real superstar kind of player to realistically win a championship. The gap between a 3rd team all NBA player and a 1st team all NBA player is massive. And I have strong doubts he can or will ever improve to that level. The concern that what weíre getting now is basically his peak is real.
    I think any great player that excel at aspects of the game without being able to consistently will themselves to score the ball are underrated. The problem is that it's very hard to build around a #1 or #2 star who can't shoulder some of the scoring load when defenses tighten up in the playoffs. You look at Utah with Gobert, who is incredible defensively, but doesn't have that same impact to influence with scoring. His defense generates offense in many ways besides his individual output on that end.

In that case you need someone as the #3 with a killer instinct who can hit big shots and alleviate some of that concern.

Just really wish he would at least work around the rim on his post moves, floater, etc. I don't want to go as far to say he's the Dwight Howard of combo players, but add some touch to the game and he's superstar

IF there is a deal available for Beal that involves Simmons I trust and hope that Morey will pull the trigger.

I said in the off season that I believe you build this team around Joel.

Now that Doc has failed to get Simmons to shoot the ball nor is he a clutch player which we need so its time to dump him for a star who can score anywhere and is clutch in the finals but we will need a sweetener like Thybulle to get them to pull them to pull the trigger.

https://youtu.be/HoOGzqfIy5Q

The trade machine generate 6 wins to the Sixers if these involved play every game. I think Morey would consider this offer if he is convinced that Simmons cannot turn his game around as it looks like a hopeless cause now

I used to think Ben was a 6'10" Jason Kidd but I now realize that he's an oversized Rajon Rondo.

I wouldn't call him a perennial All-star just yet. He'll make a few more ASGs until younger stars begin to flood the league AND/OR he stops getting selected because the ASG favors offense; especially if he continues to be classified, positionally, as backcourt.

Its frustrating to know that the Sixers, OUR Sixers, potentially have the greatest player since Lebron or Durant to play in the NBA but he outright refuses to work towards that potential.

Embiid OUT for the Grizzlies and Thunder game back to back.

This team can not win without Embiid even against a bad team like Memphis.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011