Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    My hope is Ben is still working through the parts of his game that Cassell has been drilling him on in practice. Itís the first time heís had a different coach. And maybe thatís caused some uncomfortable subtle growing pains that are hard for fans to pick up on in game. And over time weíll see him get more comfortable and better. Thatís... My hope...

But itís much more likely that his problems come from defenses figuring out how to guard him and him not being able to adapt.

As for Beal, itís gonna be so tough to get him. Even trading Simmons. Weíd need to give up way more than we want.

And as good as he is, and as much as I love his game and his fit with Embiid, I am not convinced he puts us over the top like others think he would.

I think even with the age difference, Harden is on a completely different tier than Beal. And if we were going to go all in, it should have been for Harden. Harden would have made us a true heavyweight title contender IMO. I donít think Beal does that.

But he would be an awesome addition to the team, weíd certainly be in the championship conversation, maybe slightly more than we are now. I wouldnít be mad if we traded for him.

Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    I used to think Ben was a 6'10" Jason Kidd but I now realize that he's an oversized Rajon Rondo.

I wouldn't call him a perennial All-star just yet. He'll make a few more ASGs until younger stars begin to flood the league AND/OR he stops getting selected because the ASG favors offense; especially if he continues to be classified, positionally, as backcourt.

Its frustrating to know that the Sixers, OUR Sixers, potentially have the greatest player since Lebron or Durant to play in the NBA but he outright refuses to work towards that potential.
    Damn, that last part hits.

This is the best I have seen of Joel.

Benís play in the 4th was a glimpse of what he could really be. Unfortunately the first 3 quarters looked like we where playing 4 on 5 on offense. That canít happen. He just is useless in the half court too often. Can the doc pull this out of him more often. Remains to be seen.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

NO letdown tonight. Gotta get a W against a bad team like Detroit.

My opinion stands on Ben. This IS Embiid's team. I believe Morey will trade Simmons by the deadline to improve the team.

This was never Simmons team and it was the perfect spot for him to play Robin to Embiids Batman. It was nice to see him take over the 4th the other night and be aggressive. I prefer not to mess with the starting 5 since its undefeated, i just wanna see Ben be there when we need him like when Embiid is out and we could use his scoring. We can afford him to take a backseat scoring wise with Harris and Curry killin it.

The Lakers are coming in this week so hopefully no letdown in Detroit after playing them way too close on Saturday.

Team is trash without Joel. Ridiculous
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Its concerning this team can't win without Joel even against a bad team like Detroit.

76ers 0-5 without Embiid and lost by double digits in all 5 I believe.

Once again Ben played very small.

Took 9 shots and went to FT just 3 times. Come On.

frustrating

The good news is that we play the Lakers Wednesday night. Why is this good news, well, because it's the few times Ben shows up for the entire game, playing against Lebron.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

Hoping for a 76ers W. Lakers are undefeated on the road 10-0.

Best WIN of the season over LA.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast