Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Should the Celtics go after James Harden

We can assume Jayson Tatum is off the table, but the Celtics still have some interesting young players in Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, rookie Aaron Nesmith and Robert Williams III. More importantly, Boston owns all of its future first-round draft picks.

So the question is should we go after Harden and pair him up with Tatum

I am warming to this idea, believe it or not. Players as good as James Harden do not come on the trade market that often. So many similarities to when we went after Kevin Garnett. Both were 31, both were on teams fixing to rebuild. We have the young player similar to Al Jefferson(in ability and NBA stock) I like that Harden only has 2-3 years left on his deal, I would trade Jaylen Brown but only if we do NOT have to include draft picks.

If they want draft picks I am doing Kemba, Smart and draft picks.

The window with Harden would be about 2-3 years and then when Harden comes off the books we would have to go after another free agent to pair with Tatum.

One thing to remember is if we get Harden I think Boston becomes a destination next summer and via the buyout market later this year.
    El Presidente

One more idea. Would you guys include Jaylen and Kemba and the trade exception and take back Wall and Harden! Houston is going to look to dump Wall's deal ASAP once they deal Harden, but what if Boston would take both.

Kemba, Jaylen, trade exception, Smart(maybe) for Wall and Harden?

Wall, Harden, Tatum become your new big 3?
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    One more idea. Would you guys include Jaylen and Kemba and the trade exception and take back Wall and Harden! Houston is going to look to dump Wall's deal ASAP once they deal Harden, but what if Boston would take both.

Kemba, Jaylen, trade exception, Smart(maybe) for Wall and Harden?

Wall, Harden, Tatum become your new big 3?
    Meh, you do that and your defense is going to blow hard

Better backcourt????

Harden - Smart

Or

Harden - Brown

I like Harden Smart

Real simple answer here...Hell No

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Real simple answer here...Hell No
    It would be the dumbest and most short-sighted move of my lifetime. If anything, help facilitate a 3-team to fleece another dumb franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    It would be the dumbest and most short-sighted move of my lifetime. If anything, help facilitate a 3-team to fleece another dumb franchise.
    Agreed. I could get behind Kyrie, it was a big swing but little risk - Hayward/Horford were never going to get it done. They were just a bridge. And we unloaded IT to do it. Either way, we had a problem on our hands.

But right now with Tatum/Brown growing at the rates they have. Carrying teams through the playoffs - Harden adds nothing to that, only slows their growth. Takes over the team/offense. And corrupts the locker room. On top of that - he won’t want to be here.

I would legitimately not watch as long as he were on the roster.

But yes, if we can pickup an asset to facilitate - by all means

City of Champions

Yes they should...because this team as is , isn't sniffing a title. They aren't even on the same floor as Brooklyn .

Yeah but then who do you give up to get Harden to Boston

yeah i don't mind not getting Harden at all LOL

Nets basically pulled another Boston trade to acquire him. They'd better win a title.

I hate to say this but the days of big name superstar players coming here are long gone.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    yeah i don't mind not getting Harden at all LOL

Nets basically pulled another Boston trade to acquire him. They'd better win a title.
    Who did they trade to get him?

Vince to Gronk